Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ascinius

Carrier mechanic idea

13 comments in this topic

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles

Hello, I was wondering if there had been any discussion about aircraft using smokebombs to support friendly ships. 

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

I'm not certain if that has historical context, but its not a bad idea. But I feel like it would be impractical, I mean it would have to be selected as ammunition before the battle and taking a non damaging bomb over the current options is not a great idea already AND there is no real way as of yet to give XP or Credits for providing cover through smoke or distracting the enemy.

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

It would be very interesting, but extensive testing would be required. It would need to be substantially rewarded since it would replace a source of damage.

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,161 battles

the big problem with this idea is that it presumes some situational awareness on your teams side. I honestly think radar bombers are more practical (there was a De Havilland Mosquito night fighter that had radar on it). 

Members
8,085 posts
17,038 battles
7 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

the big problem with this idea is that it presumes some situational awareness on your teams side. I honestly think radar bombers are more practical (there was a De Havilland Mosquito night fighter that had radar on it). 

Avengers and Hellcats had it too...

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,837 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Avengers and Hellcats had it too...

Only problem would be the IJN's lack of airborn radar, I'm sure no one would mind though. 

[WOLF3]
Members
157 posts
5,518 battles

Air drop hydro-buoys maybe?

With a smaller squadron size so there's some risk in dropping direct into smoke

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles

I was thinking somthing like a trade put for fighters where they can't strafe and instead are capable of dropping a short duration smoke screen or omthing like that. 

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,837 battles

Smoke bombs could be interesting.Although I'd rather see either airborne rockets or strafes that hurt AA mounts, as it would make way more sense than the current strafe... 

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,161 battles
On 9/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, Grathew said:

Only problem would be the IJN's lack of airborn radar, I'm sure no one would mind though. 

perfect balance, you strike my battleships with more attack planes squadrons then I have total squadrons, I spot your DDs, kutrozovs and RN CLs to be deleted no matter how hard they smoke up.

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles
On 9/6/2017 at 2:52 PM, Ascinius said:

I was thinking somthing like a trade put for fighters where they can't strafe and instead are capable of dropping a short duration smoke screen or omthing like that. 

4 hours ago, HobGoblin0 said:

pass along "remove strafe" while you're at it.

^

Sign in to follow this