You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

UK battleships what do you think of them

27 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
938 posts
4,053 battles

So what do you guys think about the New UK battleships I haven't played much of them since im only at the tier 3 UK bb what adjustments do you think need to be done to them? Does anyone British heritage? anyone from the UK? Post your comments and opinions down below v :Smile_coin:

I had someone mention this to me about HE as a whole since HE is filled with a ton of explosive they tend to be lighter which is why we see them have better velocities. but he also told me in some ships this could also effect dispersion of shells because of the Weight and the way the HE shell is Made. but hyper accurate HE isn't as the import since they are normally used to Shell land units and fortifications ect. so what if they just make the HE dispersion on the UK bbs or other ships more disperse so they would get fewer hits but would still do damage and get fires ect. unless they game already does that.. but i haven't seen anything like that as far as i know of.  

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

Meh, they sink like any other battleship.

• Cool 3

[SF-A]
Members
2,843 posts
5,547 battles

I think the HE is a little too strong, but I don't think it would need a huge nerf to be better.

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,439 posts
6,631 battles

Tasty, food for carriers and destroyers, as all BBs, but better, they have that bacon heal which = more xp and credits for damage I do to them. (tbf, I am enjoying Iron Duke)

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I like them so far, I am currently grinding Iron Duke and am enjoying her. Can't wait for QE and then, KGV, the beast that I want in the line.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I just have the First Three Tiers, and enjoy them a lot, but I am still learning them. I do use HE but I switch between it and AP depending on range and target. I do plan on keeping all of the tiers of the RN BBs just like my RN Cruisers.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,026 posts
9,183 battles

They are pretty good so far. The HE is a lot like IJN HE (same damage formula) so it is nice to have a viable choice. They can be a bit soft however so you need to be very careful about getting focused. CV's eat them for a light snack. If you have a CV in a game be sure to stick near a CA or US BB. As a dualist they are incredible, one on one they are very strong. Against good DD captains they are not so good, against average DD captains they can be devastating.

I like them as they are and do not see the need to change them. The player base Meta is currently in fire breathing Dragon mode but that should not last too long.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,459 battles

They replace Cruisers in every capacity outside of Radar and DF. Give Radar to the French, and DF to the Americans. Problem solved, no more Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Won't even touch them for at least another month until the lower tier queues get back to normal.

Edited by Ace_04

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,680 posts
3,459 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Haven't played them much yet, letting the fervor die down.

Same. I actually didn't get the Blueprints after the Bella so I would be forced to play and learn all of them. My 12 point Captain for her is currently on my Hood being retrained.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
Just now, Madwolf05 said:

They replace Cruisers in every capacity outside of Radar and DF. Give Radar to the French, and DF to the Americans. Problem solved, no more Cruisers.

Sadly, you're probably right.

• Cool 2

[NOOOB]
Members
1,435 posts
12,030 battles

In the middle of Iron Duke grind, ship seems OK, but not a huge fan of HE spamming in BB, got lots of cruisers and destroyers that do that already.  Not impressed with the AP, seen some funny dispersion patterns that make me question using it at all.  Not a huge fan of tier 5 BB play either, spend most of the time up tiered.  Once I get to QE, will not keep Duke (if they fix so I can sell), my Texas or the plethora of cartoon Kongos better.

Edited by Panzer1113
  • Cool 1

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles
20 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I just have the First Three Tiers, and enjoy them a lot, but I am still learning them. I do use HE but I switch between it and AP depending on range and target.

Had been letting the initial fervor die down (while I used some DDs to have my fun) but played 1st serious games in the II, IV, and V RN BBs.  Fires do start easily with HE, but the AP is good as well.  So I will start a fire and make sure it stays lit (post DC activation) but will swap to AP for good effect there as well.  I liked the results I got last night, although the heal at lower tiers is not as good as it apparently gets later.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

They're pretty good. You know what the deal is: HE spam and gud heals. Like Warspite and Hood, they do best at medium range. Just when you think they're about to get sunk, they do a heal. After the rush dies down, I'll give them a try.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
44 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I think the HE is a little too strong, but I don't think it would need a huge nerf to be better.

This, BB HE already had a rather high fire chance and buffing it for the RN was overkill.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

As someone who has used the more "unorthodox" BB builds I find those that have run fire prevention and longevity builds to be at a slight advantage when it comes to British on British violence. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, BB HE already had a rather high fire chance and buffing it for the RN was overkill.

Well I like the HE, but I think if they lowered by about - 2% across the line it would be a bit more balanced. So the Orion would be 38% instead of 40% and the Lion would be 47%.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,203 battles

at the Orion atm - doing a slow grind. They are fine (maybe a little too powerful HE & repair-wise, as some infer). Otherwise, as Lert says, just another BB line.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Meh, they sink like any other battleship.

after this weekend I have come to the conclusion that they also aren't really good at dodging torps.

(or maybe that is just their captains)

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
938 posts
4,053 battles
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

after this weekend I have come to the conclusion that they also aren't really good at dodging torps.

(or maybe that is just their captains)

they also really do not take torps well worse then some german BBs

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,552 battles

Like all BB's, fire off a volley. Go to the bathroom or grab a coffee, fire off next volley. Go smoke a joint.  Come back in 15 minutes when the action finally starts.  

No but seriously they are okay. Orion was great with metallica playing i the background (to orion duhhhh)  Ironduke is okay as well. 

Look forward to tier 7 onward.