You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Do you keep E.Bertin?

34 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts

I found it extremely strong. My win rate is 64% and I didn't have a 10-pt captain yet. 

I did much better in her than any other tier 5 cruisers (Omaha, Konisberg, Furutaka, Emerald(I HATE EMERALD!!! and Furutaka)). 

Do you keep it for future sealclubbing? or simply move on to next tier?

Edited by USSRichardNixon

[HINON]
Members
1,487 posts
14,548 battles

I love my Emile. I had an absolute blast playing this ship.

Definitely a keeper for my port. 

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,025 battles

Yes, Absolutely yes.  She plays so much more comfortably than the other tier 5 CAs I have played (Furutaka and Konigsburg).  I love the fact that she has no armor because almost every BB AP shell that hits her overpens rather than standard pen.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

Of all the French cruisers I played, up to T7 the E. Bertin was the best of the lot. And one of the best T5 cruisers I've played since they took BFT, EM and AFT from my Marblehead. So I vote keep it. 

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,216 battles
18 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

simply move on to next tier

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles

Yep, kept her.

Enjoy her while you can, because La Gas at T6 is mediocre in comparison.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

A keeper for me. 39 knot cruiser at T5. :Smile_veryhappy:

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Definitely a keeper.  I had a blast with that little ship which, I can not say about many of the other cruisers at her tier

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

if you enjoy a ship, keep it. you don't need other people's opinions to make that decision.

This:Smile_great:

And I enjoy the Emerald and have her in my port:Smile_smile: 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Yes.  It's like having the French speed boost trick all the time, without a consumable.  

Sold La Gal, though, hate to break it to you.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

A keeper only in the sense it is the last French cruiser I went up to. Basically the line killer for me, just like Leander was for the RN cruisers.

Otherwise it fails to deliver in every respect; even when compared to Konigsburg, Marblehead, and even Emerald; all three of which have consistently produced more damage for me than Baugette Jr. ever dreamed off.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
14 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Yes.  It's like having the French speed boost trick all the time, without a consumable.  

I've not found its speed to be any kind of advantage. the difference between it and other tier 5 ships isn't enough to have any real meaning; and after 'speed boost consumable' was used to promote the line, it irritated the hell out of me that it doesn't become available until stupidly far up the tree.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
2,274 posts
7,331 battles

It was a fun ship, that speed is very troll (even more if you use the speed flag), its fun to see the shells falling behind you. Its a much better ship than T6 La Gal IMO. 

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

At tier 5 the Bertin really shines. Not only does it have longer-range torpedoes than most ships at that level, it also is faster than all of them too, even the DDs. The Bertin is one of those ships that is actually better than it "should" be because it's underestimated by many.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,061 battles

While good tier 5, think tier 5 is not a great place to be.  Sold off all my tier 5 cruisers after being sick and tired of being up tiered, Tier 6 a bit better and feel more competitive when up tiered and have kept and play several of the cruisers (also perm camo from Santa Convoys).  If you liked tier 5 French, tier 6 better - I also bought De  Grasse since liked La Galiss (71% win rate).  Am presently grinding the American cruisers with the Omaha, which is incredibly painful and every time I am up tiered in this WW1 cruiser against tier 7, I am reminded why I sold all my other tier 5 cruisers.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Still playing it. If someone wants to go T5, that's my ship. It's the best of the T5 criusers. I have a 64% win rate with it. The captain will stay with the ship.

I personally found the Konigsberg to be the best tier 5 cruiser.  That said, I don't remember, but I might have been playing the Kberg before the great AFT nerf, so I'm not sure how it would stack up to the Bertin today.  I also have played the E Bertin and found it to be a very good tier 5 cruiser.  I just recall having some monster games in the Kberg with its excellent AP and long range guns, particularly long range for tier 5.

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Sold La Gal, though, hate to break it to you.

Put a speed flag on Emile and she'll hit 41 knots. Emile's fun to play, a keeper for me. I share the Captain of this ship with the De Grasse. My only complaint about Emile is the stupidly long main gun reload. (C'mon WG, 12 seconds  to reload 6" guns?)

USSRichardNixon why are you even asking for advice on this? You appear to like Emile and do pretty good with her. Personally, I keep ships that I like and do well with.

Members
17,784 posts
5,084 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I personally found the Konigsberg to be the best tier 5 cruiser.  That said, I don't remember, but I might have been playing the Kberg before the great AFT nerf, so I'm not sure how it would stack up to the Bertin today.  I also have played the E Bertin and found it to be a very good tier 5 cruiser.  I just recall having some monster games in the Kberg with its excellent AP and long range guns, particularly long range for tier 5.

It's my fave too. One thing I like about it is, due to its fragility, it plays pretty much the same regardless of tiering, and the guns uptier well.

Emile is pretty fun too, with the speed and fire chance it has.

And actually, I'm having fun with Omaha, (with Stevie as captain)  rebuying it after not having played it for over a year.