You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

British Battleship's Secondaries are TERRIBLE

43 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

Just look at this nonsense.  Not only do the secondary guns aim for the heavily armored hull, they can't cause a single point of damage at point blank.  Then they abandon their posts because it's TEA TIME, thus allowing for British Battleships to get absurdly close to each other.  What's WGing thinking?  Making me do all the work...

Check this out at 3:13.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,353 posts
3,558 battles

I was kinda hoping the warspite trait of having great secondaries would translate into the rest of the line, was really disappointing to find out the secondaries are poop. 

• Cool 4

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
7 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Just look at this nonsense.  Not only do the secondary guns aim for the heavily armored hull, they can't cause a single point of damage at point blank.  Then they abandon their posts because it's TEA TIME, thus allowing for British Battleships to get absurdly close to each other.  What's WGing thinking?  Making me do all the work...

You're doing it wrong, you are supposed to play these are distance and spam HE at everything. At least that is what is working in the battles i see. In other words, in the words of Flamuu, play potato

Edited by crazyjr

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
7 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

You're doing it wrong, you are supposed to play these are distance and spam HE at everything. At least that is what is working in the battles i see

You're suggesting I use HE with my Queen Elizabeth with her 8 guns and 35% fire change  vs the Iron Duke's 10 guns that are faster loading with a 40% fire chance?  In what scenario would I win such a match?

Edited by Sventex

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Your suggesting I use HE with my Queen Elizabeth with her 8 guns and 35% fire change  vs the Iron Duke's 10 guns that are faster loading with a 40% fire chance?  In what scenario would I win such a match?

It was a joke, based on the game play i saw when i last played. There is always that idiot, on every team playing sniper and spamming HE, Lately he's in an RN BB

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
2 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

It was a joke, based on the game play i saw when i last played. There is always that idiot, on every team playing sniper and spamming HE, Lately he's in an RN BB

Spamming HE in the Iron Duke is a valid tactic since the HE shells are extremely good, so I fail to see what the joke is.

Edited by Sventex

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Spamming HE in the Iron Duke is a valid tactic since the HE shells are extremely good, so I fail to see what the joke is.

The title of the thread is, "British Battleship's secondaries are TERRIBLE". The joke is, he played like a German, when he should play like every IJN BB that i see play. This line is for the potato player, stick to 1 ammo and spaz spam it

Edit: I admit I only have the bellerophon and the orion, but that is the tactic i see working in those battles

Edited by crazyjr

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,679 battles

I actually have a secondary spec captain in my KGV.

The guns are trash, but they light a lot of fires.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,082 battles

Oh gods do we have a dimwit who expected another nation to have godly HE shells, an ungodly heal AND super secondaries comparable to the germans who have secondaries to make up for mediocre main guns? Gods damn dude, the hell?

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
Just now, Raptor_alcor said:

Oh gods do we have a dimwit who expected another nation to have godly HE shells, an ungodly heal AND super secondaries comparable to the germans who have secondaries to make up for mediocre main guns? Gods damn dude, the hell?

I merely stated a fact.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hey now. Tea time is very important in the Royal Navy. 

[--V--]
Members
481 posts
10,619 battles
13 minutes ago, crazyjr said:

The joke is that RN cruisers fire only AP and RN BBs are forced to fire only HE.  Backasswards if you ask me.

But for the OP,,, yes,,, RN BBs secondaries are atrocious.

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
21 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

I'm finding the whole line terrible. Don't think I'll go past 7. 

I look at the line, like the IJN BB's. They have decent dispersion, but not sniper level, the secondaries are marginal at best, even the US line is better in my opinion. they are tanky if you decide to go bow in and just grind it out. So they are as tough as german BB's without the secondaries, heal like a cruiser, AA is so-so (only to tier 4, so no experience). It has no real identity, it's a jack of all trades master of none, sort of like the IJN line. So if i continue to play, i'll just grind through the first wins. Like i have, since 0.6.3 and just play them. I see no real redeeming qualities, other than a very tough to kill ship, that is nothing special. It's only place as i see it, is forcing players to use repair consumables at an alarming rate. Also something for the lazy or low skilled player, that never changes ammo type. I don't play that way, so the line doesn't interest me.

I mentioned "if i continue playing", because the last time i played (2 days after the RN BB's came out), I was waiting 2-4 minutes for a battle. was sometimes kicked out if the queue for timed out. If i can't advance why even play. Add to the insult, all the RN BB's run in a pack and just decimate everything else. When i get B slapped in a game, i tend to not want to play again. That is what the RN BB's are for me, a deterrent from my advancement

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,286 battles
38 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

I'm finding the whole line terrible. Don't think I'll go past 7. 

Funny, that's when the line starts getting really fun. 

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,732 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Hey now. Tea time is very important in the Royal Navy. 

With crumpets too... I never heard anyone say these ships were up close  brawlers like the Germans why try to play them like one? From what I've seen so far they're excellent at mid-range engagements. Try a few different approaches and see where you strike your balance.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
941 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

he joke is that RN cruisers fire only AP and RN BBs are forced to fire only HE. 

WTFlamu  .. wait so I guess the USN doesn't have the worst secondary anymore? hahh

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
20 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

With crumpets too... I never heard anyone say these ships were up close  brawlers like the Germans why try to play them like one? From what I've seen so far they're excellent at mid-range engagements. Try a few different approaches and see where you strike your balance.

Mid range seems to be their strong point. Given their stealth and decent speed. However there is a line shift. T3-6 are tanky ships with good armor for soaking up damage and good guns for putting out fire.

At T7 the line shifts, and you have stealthy ships with decent and improving AA, and thick belt armor with low citadels. 

[HINON]
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

wth .. wait so I guess the USN doesn't have the worst secondary anymore? hahh

RN BB secondaries are good until T7. Then they just take a nose dive. Iron Duke and QE especially have good secondary batteries, but KGV up does not.

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,223 battles
2 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

I was kinda hoping the warspite trait of having great secondaries would translate into the rest of the line, was really disappointing to find out the secondaries are poop. 

I have the QE and I get close to another ship and start thinking - where are my secondaries... thinking I am in my Warspite.. that is pretty disappointing

Members
304 posts
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Funny, that's when the line starts getting really fun. 

I'm on the Iron Duke now, and im just always on fire. Never ending fire. I just haven't found the niche these fit in yet. Maybe never will.

Members
142 posts
3,843 battles
50 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

WTFlamu  .. wait so I guess the USN doesn't have the worst secondary anymore? hahh

I don't know about above the tier 4's, but i believe the wyoming has better secondaries, if you like getting that close with U S Bb's