You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
220897tommy

hello, just found out about forums

14 comments in this topic

[S_C]
Members
19 posts
5,250 battles

So ive been playing this game for a little while, but i find myself still kinda learning the ropes with each ship i play in, ive got the basics, well kinda mastered, however i was wondering if there are any other tips and tricks out there that could maybe be of help to me.

I play mostly cruisers and Battleships all though i have now started venturing into CVs, again any advice, tips hits or tricks i would love to hear, up until now i didn't even know there was a forum for this game.

thank you all, hope you have some fun today, i plan to :) 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,525 posts
903 battles

Welcome to the Forums!! Have fun and enjoy yourself!!!

( FINE PRINT:  PLEASE DO NOT MENTION THE DREADED  "SUB" WORD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET A PUBLIC LASHING , LOL)  

[S_C]
Members
19 posts
5,250 battles

@Ensign_Pulver_2016 wouldnt be the first time ive given it a try, wont be the last either haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, this is deffo quite a bit more relaxed then most gaming forums, im happy to be here and ill be sure to go thread hunting soon and see what i can dig up

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Go out, look around the player guides, check out youtube videos, and ask us questions. We will do our best to help.

Fair winds and following seas captain! :Smile_honoring:

[OO7]
Supertester
164 posts
4,195 battles

Hello there!  Welcome to hell erm...the forums!

Learning the basics of game mechanics and how your ship works are critical first steps.  The forums are an excellent place to do that.  There are lots of discussions about individual ships on here and those usually come along with recommendations for YouTube videos as well.  Read them.  Watch them.  They can be incredibly helpful and I guarantee you that you will learn something you didn't know.  Learning the basics alone will probably make you better than the average player in WoWs.

Once you've done that, however, there are even bigger lessons that need to be tackled if you want to really "get gud."  Knowing where to position yourself at the start of a match, knowing when to push and when to hold back, and, yes, knowing when and how to pull back and disengage.  While there are plenty of guides and videos on these subjects, simply watching or reading alone will not do for these.  You should still absolutely do both (read and watch) but you need to go out and play while keeping these concepts in mind.  You're gonna screw up, it happens. But keep doing it.

The key thing for any WoWs player is knowing that they're not perfect, knowing that they can improve, and seeking out ways to do just that.  Coming to the forums, by the by, is a really, really good place to start.

Cheers! If you see me in game, shoot someone else!

• Cool 1

[S_C]
Members
19 posts
5,250 battles
On 9/6/2017 at 2:33 PM, LadyUniPotato said:

Hello there!  Welcome to hell erm...the forums!

Learning the basics of game mechanics and how your ship works are critical first steps.  The forums are an excellent place to do that.  There are lots of discussions about individual ships on here and those usually come along with recommendations for YouTube videos as well.  Read them.  Watch them.  They can be incredibly helpful and I guarantee you that you will learn something you didn't know.  Learning the basics alone will probably make you better than the average player in WoWs.

Once you've done that, however, there are even bigger lessons that need to be tackled if you want to really "get gud."  Knowing where to position yourself at the start of a match, knowing when to push and when to hold back, and, yes, knowing when and how to pull back and disengage.  While there are plenty of guides and videos on these subjects, simply watching or reading alone will not do for these.  You should still absolutely do both (read and watch) but you need to go out and play while keeping these concepts in mind.  You're gonna screw up, it happens. But keep doing it.

The key thing for any WoWs player is knowing that they're not perfect, knowing that they can improve, and seeking out ways to do just that.  Coming to the forums, by the by, is a really, really good place to start.

Cheers! If you see me in game, shoot someone else!

Ive learnt that for my cruisers, i use the edenbrugh belfast and fiji alot and ive learn that in the right area can really change the outcome of a match depending on the other team, The CV ive learned to follow my fleet around to keep them between myself and the red team. The Battleship however, I love my amagi, one of my best ships if you ask me ( my stats would disagree) , but i have real issues with learning where to place her and when to fall back,

if anyone knows of any video that helps you learn where to place your ship depending on what is going on ingame id be greatful if you would link me, I really hate just following my team around and being mundane

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,639 battles

Welcome to the forums, Tommy!  I just recently got involved here, myself.  The group that serves as the welcoming committee here are a good bunch of people.  They have a lot of good advice and will answer your questions.

Look around and enjoy yourself!  If you see me in the game, say hi!