Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shootieboats

Trading in the useless supercontainer upgrades

30 comments in this topic

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,269 battles

Whatdaya think about being able to trade in the Ranked/Supercontainer upgrades in for different ones? Obviously they couldn't do it at 1:1 because that would be absurd, but in the poll I just took of myself, 100% of the people polled would trade in at 2:1, 3:1, and possibly even 4:1 to be able to get rid of the nigh useless upgrades that seem to be the only ones that ever drop from containers. I'm looking at you Damage Control, Smoke, and Defensive Fire.

And then when they see which ones nearly everyone trades in, and what they take in place of it, they'll have even more data on which upgrades are decent and which are stupid, and can make changes accordingly or not. Look at all the support for this, WG! Every single person that has posted in this thread(not counting anyone who posts after me) wants this! With support like that, how could you even refuse?

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,238 battles

1) Just sell anything you don't like that you get & 2) Quit whining about freebies.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Depending on the upgrade , if I don't like it I sell them some Upgrades sell for 650,000 credits

[SYN]
Members
14,381 posts
10,260 battles

think about it this way... it's 650,000 credits from a container, which is decent.

• Cool 1

[JR]
[JR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

I don't know, today I got 14 days premium from a supercontainer.

Pretty cool considering I NEVER buy premium time.

[SIDE]
Members
718 posts
3,160 battles

It seems like i'm the only person in this game that cannot get any special upgrades. I've collected many super container and i've only ever received a single special upgrade. (Hydro upgrade, I put that on the Perth.) 

I really just think that they should fully remove these special upgrades from the super containers and make them an obscenely high credits number... Considering that WG has no good way to spend credits (Besides playing tier 10.) They should make buying special upgrades worth 25 mil per special upgrade. 

Either way. I'm envious. I just want a few of them. =(

[RIPQP]
Members
3,711 posts
14,567 battles

How about being able to trade the 50k free XP containers for speed boost mods? The 50k free XP containers are useless to me.

Or how about being able to trade doubloons or premium time containers for radar mod? Doubloons or premium time from a container are both useless to me since I already buy these with money. GIVE ME RADAR MOD, I AM GRINDING RUSKI CRUISERS :etc_swear:!

[RIPQP]
Members
3,711 posts
14,567 battles

No, seriously. 1:2 or 1:3 rate is stupid as you will have to wait possibly months before you get 2 or 3 mods. 

edit: oops, double post 

[USCC2]
Members
3,435 posts

I want 4 speed and a smoke one and just can't seem to get them!

As already stated, its free and the containers were probably one of the best additions in game for that feel good factor (unless you desperately want something from a SC that others have voted for a reduced chance to get! Aaaaargghhhh :Smile_izmena:).

But honestly, I just can't complain about free stuff! :Smile_teethhappy:

[CURSE]
Members
703 posts
3,499 battles
1 hour ago, Merlox said:

It seems like i'm the only person in this game that cannot get any special upgrades. I've collected many super container and i've only ever received a single special upgrade. (Hydro upgrade, I put that on the Perth.) 

I really just think that they should fully remove these special upgrades from the super containers and make them an obscenely high credits number... Considering that WG has no good way to spend credits (Besides playing tier 10.) They should make buying special upgrades worth 25 mil per special upgrade. 

Either way. I'm envious. I just want a few of them. =(

1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I want 4 speed and a smoke one and just can't seem to get them!

The upgrades were either removed totally or reduced in how often they come up a few patches ago due to negative player feedback on them.

[SIDE]
Members
718 posts
3,160 battles
10 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

The upgrades were either removed totally or reduced in how often they come up a few patches ago due to negative player feedback on them.

Well, I was playing a lot more before that patch hit out. just wish I got them upgrades instead of stupid flag packs. I have literally between 200 and 400 of every flag.

You know what the worst super container is?  100 +20% credit flags or 100 -10% ship repair cost. flags.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
1 hour ago, m373x said:

How about being able to trade the 50k free XP containers for speed boost mods? The 50k free XP containers are useless to me.

Or how about being able to trade doubloons or premium time containers for radar mod? Doubloons or premium time from a container are both useless to me since I already buy these with money. GIVE ME RADAR MOD, I AM GRINDING RUSKI CRUISERS :etc_swear:!

I need a second radar mod as well! :( Also extra AA def mods...

If only the people who think they are useless could trade them with others (ex. Spotter Plane...)

Edited by joris92

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,269 battles
2 hours ago, m373x said:

No, seriously. 1:2 or 1:3 rate is stupid as you will have to wait possibly months before you get 2 or 3 mods. 

edit: oops, double post 

I mean....I've got at least 12 of them just sitting around doing nothing. Two seasons ago you got 1 of each of them just for doing Ranked. I've got 1 radar, 1 hydro, and 1 speed boost that I use. The rest(and sadly, the bulk) are just waiting for the day when they can be converted to anything of use. I could sell them for 650k, but that's 1 game worth of credits. Seems a bit silly when there's even a remote a possibility that WG will say "Hey, no one is using this one, this one, or this one. Maybe we ought to do something about it"

[USCC2]
Members
3,435 posts
1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Yeah, I guess those that wanted them got them and voted for a lesser chance. I'd be willing to purchase, but although many wouldn't bother with some, some are useful so would maybe be seen as pay to win(?)

For me it's like the new CoOp missions. I have all the awards so don't get anything when I play (except enjoyment of course!). On one hand I'd like to see the 1-4 stars = a container and the 5th star = a SC. BUT on the other, I know how valuable the 10 point captains are for those new to playing the Ops so haven't really looked to submit possible request for changes.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[RIPQP]
Members
3,711 posts
14,567 battles
56 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I need a second radar mod as well! :( Also extra AA def mods...

If only the people who think they are useless could trade them with others (ex. Spotter Plane...)

34 minutes ago, dngrcnnn said:

I mean....I've got at least 12 of them just sitting around doing nothing. Two seasons ago you got 1 of each of them just for doing Ranked. I've got 1 radar, 1 hydro, and 1 speed boost that I use. The rest(and sadly, the bulk) are just waiting for the day when they can be converted to anything of use. I could sell them for 650k, but that's 1 game worth of credits. Seems a bit silly when there's even a remote a possibility that WG will say "Hey, no one is using this one, this one, or this one. Maybe we ought to do something about it"

What about the free XP or the doubloons? I don't want those in my containers, I want to trade them for other stuff like radar mods or Kutuzov or whatever I like.

Alpha Tester
1,946 posts
3 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

think about it this way... it's 650,000 credits from a container, which is decent.

625-650k credits for an item dropped from a supercontainer that is already extremely rare is a real let-down. One can get more than that from selling a tier 5 ship.

1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

I don't think they were reduced by much though. My most recent SC was a spotter plane module (of all things).

[IDC]
Beta Testers
37 posts
6,584 battles

While I do understand the frustration I think anything for free is better than nothing. I honestly thing the upgrades are a way to reduce the amount of premium ship given although the chance is very rare. I really like the free stuff from containers . If I had once wish it would be to reduce the amount of xp for the last one down to about 24k xp . I know that's not that big a difference but would make it a little easier for the more casual players.  I really love it when I get free xp and gold in containers. I got lucky grinding the gronzi  and got 50000 free xp.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 hours ago, dngrcnnn said:

Supercontainer

Super-container? What is that???

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,343 posts
9,433 battles

In the Fire/Water event, I purchased two of the modules.  I was saving for a smoke mod for the Perth, when I 'somehow' got that in a Supercontainer.

So using the coins, I PURCHASED a second spotter mod for the Shchors, and a speed mod for the Ognevoi.

I'm sure WG collected critical info on what folks would choose to purchase, rather than win or by chance.

[CURSE]
Members
703 posts
3,499 battles
21 hours ago, Wolcott said:

625-650k credits for an item dropped from a supercontainer that is already extremely rare is a real let-down. One can get more than that from selling a tier 5 ship.

I don't think they were reduced by much though. My most recent SC was a spotter plane module (of all things).

Since that patch I haven't gotten as many SC dropping myself,and haven't seen another upgrade so far in the ones I have got.

21 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yeah, I guess those that wanted them got them and voted for a lesser chance. I'd be willing to purchase, but although many wouldn't bother with some, some are useful so would maybe be seen as pay to win(?).

I preferred the 250 flag ones myself,sold pretty much every special upgrade I received as none of them I would be likely to use.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,435 posts
2 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Since that patch I haven't gotten as many SC dropping myself,and haven't seen another upgrade so far in the ones I have got.

I preferred the 250 flag ones myself,sold pretty much every special upgrade I received as none of them I would be likely to use.

Fair enough, I've had 250 flags before and 7 days premium which was a surprise - like I say can't complain about free stuff. I guess my circumstances are such that I play DDs and Cruisers mainly and the speed mod would be great to have on several of my ships (and the smoke for the Perth).

However, I am aware that for some these mods were not worth changing with what was already in slot, so getting them was probably a disappointment - the game obviously has to try to cater for all so I guess that's why the changes were made. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[CURSE]
Members
703 posts
3,499 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Fair enough, I've had 250 flags before and 7 days premium which was a surprise - like I say can't complain about free stuff. I guess my circumstances are such that I play DDs and Cruisers mainly and the speed mod would be great to have on several of my ships (and the smoke for the Perth).

However, I am aware that for some these mods were not worth changing with what was already in slot, so getting them was probably a disappointment - the game obviously has to try to cater for all so I guess that's why the changes were made. :Smile_honoring:

Was the SC the only way to get those mods?I didn't really take any notice of them until they turned up in the SC!

Although the main problem for those that didn't need/like them was that pretty much every SC that dropped had them.If it was mixed up a bit with other rewards it probably wouldn't have been complained about and ended up getting nerfed.

[USCC2]
Members
3,435 posts
8 minutes ago, BanditSE1977 said:

Was the SC the only way to get those mods?I didn't really take any notice of them until they turned up in the SC!

Although the main problem for those that didn't need/like them was that pretty much every SC that dropped had them.If it was mixed up a bit with other rewards it probably wouldn't have been complained about and ended up getting nerfed.

No, I think they were prizes in one of the Ranked competitions - a mod for getting to certain levels. They were also purchasable in the Fire and Ice event they held early in the year (but most were busting a nut trying to get a Kami I believe?).

I got one mod from the Fire and Ice event. :Smile_Default: I'd like to see the 1-4 stars = a container and the 5th star = a SC in the CoOp Op missions but haven't really asked for the change on forum (by creating a thread) as I remember how happy I was with the Captains you can earn. - probably the best prizes I've seen, so I didn't really want to take that opportunity away from others.

Maybe in the future they may think about it, as I think you can get captains in SCs as well.

Edited by _WaveRider_

Sign in to follow this