Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Oveur

Sick and tired of clan divisions - they belong to clan wars

66 comments in this topic

[JUGS]
Members
1 post

I know things are revving up for team play. But, unleashing divisions comprised of clan members on Random is NOT FAIR. They talk, while I am trying to guess what my teammates are going to do. I am writing this not to complain, but to suggest that MM match divisions against divisions. That would make it a bit more balanced. What do you think?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

MM already does a pretty good job of balancing divisions. So bam, non- existent problem fixed. 

Not sure why you think a division of people from the same clan is any different than than a division of two friends not in a clan or different clans. WG provides an in game voice chat for divs regardless of if they are in the same clan or not. Personally, regardless who I div with I don't use voice chat. 

Maybe you should just try forming a division of your own.

• Cool 1

[JUGS]
Members
1 post

Beg to differ. I have no inside info, but i am speaking from experience. I have just ended up on the losing side when we had NO DIVISIONS and the other team had one comprised of three ships from the same clan.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles

If there's only one division in the MM shuffle, then one team is gonna get it. One game does not indicate MM trends as a whole; and it does do a relatively decent job.
Alternatively, use the dynamic division function.  Pick someone on your team and div up.  That'll unlock ingame voice chat, and you can coordinate.

Or you could join an actual clan, and division up with them.

Basically, there is no problem beyond the ones you've made for yourself.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Beg to differ. I have no inside info, but i am speaking from experience. I have just ended up on the losing side when we had NO DIVISIONS and the other team had one comprised of three ships from the same clan.

Division balancing follows a +/-1 rule.

[RUST]
Members
860 posts
7,842 battles

5 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

I find that NO divisions (my clan's tag) win quite often actually.

Edited by LordBenjamin
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I want to play with my friends/clanmates. And divisions is the way to do it. It not only provides team play, but someone you can rely on in the heat of battle.

[NO]
Members
360 posts
12,810 battles
11 minutes ago, LordBenjamin said:

I find that NO divisions (my clan's tag) win quite often actually.

NO clan best clan 

:) 

Shameless advertisement-

Night Owls looking for good casual players with around 1200 wtr and above 50% winrate (can be for specific type of ship)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

The unicum divisions really bug me too, but I don't think matching divs against divs is going to solve anything. It's just as likely for you to get a potato div as it is for the other team to get a unicum div.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,103 battles
49 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Division balancing follows a +/-1 rule.

This is probably medicine-induced, but I'm pretty sure I've see 2 Divs on one side and not the other.  Though, that could be due to in-match div'ing..  

Anyway, it doesn't bother me... there are just as many fail divs out there as good ones:Smile-_tongue:

B

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,607 posts
8,789 battles

I dont miss the troll divs one bit, as for clans most clans/players arnt going to want to do clan wars but just play with a few friends. 

Members
689 posts
1,107 battles

You need to see the times in Mech Warrior Online when a whole clan can take over a whole team and stomp in randoms. Now that is reason to cry, not over three dudes teaming up in ships.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
23 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

You need to see the times in Mech Warrior Online when a whole clan can take over a whole team and stomp in randoms. Now that is reason to cry, not over three dudes teaming up in ships.

Oh, heck, just wait until you see a sync drop by an entire clan at the same tier.  When I was in a WoT clan, we used to do that a lot.  We'd end up with half of each team (or more) from our clan.  Chat was a little amusing before the battle would start.  Other players would instantly recognize a sync drop.  Some would wonder if we would avoid shooting each other or not.  Our clan actually enjoyed shooting at clannies on the other team, so we weren't messing up the battles.

Still, I'm not a fan of divisions.  It's not a big deal to me when it's a division of average players.  But a division of unicums is just plain unfair to the other team, if the other team doesn't have a unicum division of their own.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,237 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Still, I'm not a fan of divisions.  It's not a big deal to me when it's a division of average players.  But a division of unicums is just plain unfair to the other team, if the other team doesn't have a unicum division of their own.

"Unicum" players are people too!

I don't see why they should have to endure any special restrictions just because they play at a higher level! That's called profiling! :Smile-_tongue:

Real world example:

I don't think it's "unfair" that millionaires exist. They earned their way there (most of them). Should we prevent them from doing business in the same markets as everyone else simply because they are more successful in their endeavors? Nope. Everyone plays in the same kiddie pool. 

Same difference here.

Members
689 posts
1,107 battles
6 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

I don't see why they should have to endure any special restrictions just because they play at a higher level! That's called profiling! :Smile-_tongue:

Real world example:

I don't think it's "unfair" that millionaires exist. They earned their way there (most of them). Should we prevent them from doing business in the same markets as everyone else simply because they are more successful in their endeavors? Nope. Everyone plays in the same kiddie pool. 

Same difference here.

*Communism intensifies*

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
6 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

Real world example:

I don't think it's "unfair" that millionaires exist; they earned their way there (most of them). Should we prevent them from doing business in the same markets as everyone else because they are more successful? 

Same difference here.

You're opening up a can of worms here, fella.

In Tanks, I'm sure that most people know that there was this mod that allowed you to see the stats of all players in the battle, called XVM.  A lot of unicums didn't particularly like it because they felt that they'd get "XVM sniped", i.e. people would target them specifically because they were excellent players.

Well, here's where the real world come back to bite you.  In real world sports, excellent players getting singled out for special attention by the other team is normal!  And what separates the really good players from the exceptional ones is whether they can still perform even when they're being defended by the other team's best defender (if not getting double teamed).  But in WoT, nooooooo, those unicums would whine about that sort of thing, because they didn't want the challenge to prove how good they really were.  No, they didn't want to strap on their man pants.  They wanted to remain anonymous so that they could keep on raping lesser players.

Now, mind you, I felt that there were other reasons for not wanting XVM in WoT that had nothing to do with unicums.  But I found it very telling that unicum tankers were such gutless wussies that they didn't want people to know who they were and how good they were so they could keep on seal clubbing in anonymity.

Back to Ships.

What sort of special restriction have I mentioned?  None.  I'd happily do away with divisions for everyone, not just unicums.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
6 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

*Communism intensifies*

Utter nonsense.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
6 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

You're right, Communism is nonsense.:cap_like:

Yes, it is.  But what I said above has nothing to do with communism.

Members
689 posts
1,107 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Yes, it is.  But what I said above has nothing to do with communism.

My comment was directed to his comment about millionaires and the whole unfair market thing. I guess I'm not good at jokes or being funny in general. *shrug* *goes back to picking his nose*

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,237 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You're opening up a can of worms here, fella.

In Tanks, I'm sure that most people know that there was this mod that allowed you to see the stats of all players in the battle, called XVM.  A lot of unicums didn't particularly like it because they felt that they'd get "XVM sniped", i.e. people would target them specifically because they were excellent players.

Well, here's where the real world come back to bite you.  In real world sports, excellent players getting singled out for special attention by the other team is normal!  And what separates the really good players from the exceptional ones is whether they can still perform even when they're being defended by the other team's best defender (if not getting double teamed).  But in WoT, nooooooo, those unicums would whine about that sort of thing, because they didn't want the challenge to prove how good they really were.  No, they didn't want to strap on their man pants.  They wanted to remain anonymous so that they could keep on raping lesser players.

Now, mind you, I felt that there were other reasons for not wanting XVM in WoT that had nothing to do with unicums.  But I found it very telling that unicum tankers were such gutless wussies that they didn't want people to know who they were and how good they were so they could keep on seal clubbing in anonymity.

Back to Ships.

What sort of special restriction have I mentioned?  None.  I'd happily do away with divisions for everyone, not just unicums.

The last line of your last post pretty much sums up your thoughts on divisions. I disagree, as I enjoy playing with friends, and feel everyone should have that opportunity as well, no matter their skill level. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but WG won't be removing them anytime soon, so it's a moot point.  

XVM is a completely different topic than what we were discussing. Not even in the same line of thought, really. Since you brought it up though, I'll address it.

"But I found it very telling that unicum tankers were such gutless wussies that they didn't want people to know who they were and how good they were so they could keep on seal clubbing in anonymity."

That's quite a broad, sweeping generalization there.

In case you are unaware, there already exists a Matchmaking Monitor that some players use in WoWs. This essentially has many of the same functions as the stats tracker in WoT available through XVM or mod-packs (the stats-tracker itself was not XVM).

Many players already do use it to focus unicum players. That's already happening here. This isn't a "what-if" scenario, it's already here. I don't see the WoWs forums inundated with unicums crying out daily against it and the inevitable focus it brings. Do you? 

I sometimes tell clan-mates that I welcome the extra focus. I can deal with the extra incoming fire, where others on my team may not be able to do so as effectively. I call it stat-tanking and consider it a team-play action.

I refute your point that unicums would be crying about "XVM focus" in WoWs, if it existed. It's already here. I see no crying.

It seems to me that you are making broad, sweeping generalizations about a group of players above a certain level of skill. As I stated before, this is discrimination, just as there exists some toxic unicum players that discriminate as well.

Instead of lambasting a group of people, perhaps understand why some of them behave as they do. Unicum players are placed under a microscope by many. Many love to find things to criticize and jump on them about. Some people cannot stand the idea that others are more proficient than them at something and lash out. This is no excuse for some of the more toxic unicum players, but it's also no excuse for the reciprocal discrimination. It becomes a vicious cycle.

There are quite a few unicum players out there willing to help others learn. I'd appreciate if you don't group everyone in the same group. I suspect you would not appreciate being grouped unfairly either. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this