You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoneStormchaser

DISABLE CHAT - HOT KEYS

12 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles

Was in a "Killer Whale" Battle earlier, and this clown kept spamming the hot keys, (Everybody told him to stop) I went to the chat screen and blocked his chats, so he wouldn't show up in the chat screen but it didn't block him. His spamming continued.
Is the ability to block someone confined to a particular battle mode such as rank only or are ther hot keys not connected to blocking a player? It didn't block the player when I was in "Killer Whale"

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,709 posts
11,324 battles

I have never blocked anyone, but I remember several patches ago the made blocking effect f-key spamming. I assumed it was done automatically when you block someone but maybe not. Don't see why the game mode would effect that. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

Muting them doesn't block the F keys. Also, can someone PLEASE inform me as to how to just turn the damn chat off?

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles
8 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

can someone PLEASE inform me as to how to just turn the damn chat off?

I believe this ability is in the settings, but I'm not on the game right now so I am guessing. If not there, then Aslain's mods, (can I say Aslain's mods here and be safe? His mod links are on the forum here) he has a mod in his package which can hide the chat.

Edited by LoneStormchaser

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
1 hour ago, LoneStormchaser said:

This sucks. What good is blocking them then?

Well, it keeps you from seeing whatever drivel they're spewing in chat.  THey did change the F keys so that supposedly you could not spam them but perhaps someone has found a way around it?

Members
2,396 posts
5,421 battles

that would be a nice feature to IGNORE a Player in CHAT as well as MUTE the F-KEYS as well.   There is always some person who mindlessly pounds those keys and thinks its really funny. Also If you could

do the MUTE and IGNORE it would display to the person but it does not advertise as to who did that.  While were at it it should be in a file that you keep so you don't have to key in that each battle. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Muting them doesn't block the F keys. Also, can someone PLEASE inform me as to how to just turn the damn chat off?

Aslains mod pack is the only way that I know of.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles

The way I silence them is hitting mute key on my keyboard, yes you have to sacrifice some of the joy of hearing battle sounds, but it's worth it to not have the F key spamming  sounds. And usually such players are not very bright to begin with and often die early enough at which point just hit the unmetered button on keyboard 

Members
13 posts
3,668 battles

I was in a battle once where the enemy has a div of two people spaming F keys non-stop.  It was so bad, and so much that someone offered 1,000 doubloons each if someone killed them.  They both where TK'ed like 3 minutes later.  I sent a message to the guy who did it the next day to see if he got his coins and he said he did.  If he didn't I really was just going to send him some.  It was so bad.  Yes I know I could just mute them, but really 22 people should never have to mute 2 other people.  The server should shut them up long before it got this far out of hand.