Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

One problem i see if clan wars is like in tanks.

18 comments in this topic

Members
402 posts

Having to have players on every night but on the the day the map is frozen. In tanks if you are attacked you need to have players on to defend or you forfeit and can lose that territory and if you wish to attack you need players to do so. This can be an every single night thing except on the night/nights WG freezes the map. I can see this being an issue here. I do not think most clans can get those amount of players on every night.   

It became an issue in tanks also. Getting players on every night and on top of that it became an issue with different time zones. Prime time for one zone and other zones had to either stay up late or rush home from work. I am not sure how WG could make this better, but doing like in tanks i think will make clan wars fail here just as bad a team battles due to poor player turn out. 

Edited by anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

I wouldn't get excited....at the pace they are on, it's probably at least 6 months away, maybe more from public fielding...the window of opportunity on clan or team battles closed about a year ago, and people started heading other places....

• Cool 1

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Clan Wars drove me out of tanks. Every night it was be available, practice or in a match, or hanging around to see if they needed my tank depending on the map that day. In between we did strongholds, and we had to do it it was not optional 1-2 hours a night. Playing was no longer fun.

So I left. The clan did end up being in the Top 15 but it consumed the game experience. 

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Simple solution. If you don't like it then don't do clan wars. You forget/failed to mention that in tanks there are Stronghold battles too. If you are a casual clan then that was the solution so you wouldn't be obligated to potentially defend a province every night. Remember WOT has 100 player clans and 15 per team. If your clan could not get 15 of 100 players to defend a province then CW was not for them to be messing with.

I lived for clan wars in WOT. It was when WG required you to do both CW and Strongholds that I lost interest. To me CLAN WARS is attacking a specific clan and going to war with them.

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,711 battles
3 hours ago, Venac said:

Having to have players on every night but on the the day the map is frozen. In tanks if you are attacked you need to have players on to defend or you forfeit and can lose that territory and if you wish to attack you need players to do so. This can be an every single night thing except on the night/nights WG freezes the map. I can see this being an issue here. I do not think most clans can get those amount of players on every night.   

It became an issue in tanks also. Getting players on every night and on top of that it became an issue with different time zones. Prime time for one zone and other zones had to either stay up late or rush home from work. I am not sure how WG could make this better, but doing like in tanks i think will make clan wars fail here just as bad a team battles due to poor player turn out. 

A few things.  I was in a few different clans in WoT, so I can speak from experience.

You have to remember that WoT clans have max size of 100 players.  This means that you have a lot of warm bodies.   Now obviously, not everyone is going to be available every night.  But if you're, say, defending only one territory, it shouldn't be that difficult to get 15 players for a tier 10 CW team (or less, if it's a lower tier CW battle).  However, IIRC, WoWS clans are currently only at 30 members max, which would limit the number of warm bodies potentially available.

As for time zones, in WoT CWs, there were different time zones on the CW map as well.  Territories in the eastern time zone wouldn't fight at the same time as territories in the Pacific time zone.  So if your clan is primarily made up of west coast players, then you'd want to stick to pacific time zone CW territories so that you avoided time zone issues.

Of course, given that WoWS isn't land based, who knows what any sort of clan wars will look like and how it would be related to time zones for the players.

[DAMP]
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Crucis is correct too about the time zones. Best to take a vote within the clan on what times most are available and pick the correct time zone to play in. Can't say if WOWS will do the same if/when they introduce a global map (I truly hope they do though).

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,711 battles
8 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Simple solution. If you don't like it then don't do clan wars. You forget/failed to mention that in tanks there are Stronghold battles too. If you are a casual clan then that was the solution so you wouldn't be obligated to potentially defend a province every night. Remember WOT has 100 player clans and 15 per team. If your clan could not get 15 of 100 players to defend a province then CW was not for them to be messing with.

I lived for clan wars in WOT. It was when WG required you to do both CW and Strongholds that I lost interest. To me CLAN WARS is attacking a specific clan and going to war with them.

I'm with you, Fodder.  I really started getting fed up with CWs when CWs' 2.0 came out and you started having to do strongholds to allow you to fight actual CW's battles.  Our entire clan at the time got fed up with it, particularly because in WoT, the elite clans were raping lesser clans, which was making it all but impossible to grow your strongholds.  I was in a top 100 clan at the time, and we were practically defenseless if a top 15-20 clan decided that it was going to attack our stronghold.  It got so bad that our clan leader formed an alliance with a considerable number of other similar level clans, and the alliance intentionally started "attacking" each other's strongholds specifically so that we could fill up each other's skirmish calendar and prevent elite clans from raping us.  Eventually, WG did something to put a stop to it.  But after that, our clan and most others just dropped their strongholds down to level 4, the max level where you were immune from attack by the rules.

Honestly, I hated CW 2.0.  I joined clans so that I could play CWs in my tier 10 tanks.  But CW 2.0 completely screwed up clan wars for a lot of people, and made it completely unfun, and left a real sour taste in our "mouths".

• Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

There is so much that can go wrong with the entire concept of CW in this game and as said, if its like WOT, game over.  Fielding enough teams to defend your properties can be a real problem depending on how much land you hold and how many times you are getting landed on...sure, you will always have eager beavers that want to be on every night and get in on the battle, honest problem with that is....you sometimes do not want just the eager beavers, depending on who the other clan is, sometimes you want your best players to fill out the roster. 

Those of us that have participated in CW and have done it through more than one campaign are well aware of the demands that are made upon you and your fellow clan members as far as time and it can be a stressor, those in this game that have never done CW and keep clamoring for it, have no idea what they are really asking for, especially if it is remotely like WOT and the demands that it required, it will be game over for many.

Edited by Judge_Doom

[DAMP]
2,688 posts
14,166 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm with you, Fodder.  I really started getting fed up with CWs when CWs' 2.0 came out and you started having to do strongholds to allow you to fight actual CW's battles.  Our entire clan at the time got fed up with it, particularly because in WoT, the elite clans were raping lesser clans, which was making it all but impossible to grow your strongholds.  I was in a top 100 clan at the time, and we were practically defenseless if a top 15-20 clan decided that it was going to attack our stronghold.  It got so bad that our clan leader formed an alliance with a considerable number of other similar level clans, and the alliance intentionally started "attacking" each other's strongholds specifically so that we could fill up each other's skirmish calendar and prevent elite clans from raping us.  Eventually, WG did something to put a stop to it.  But after that, our clan and most others just dropped their strongholds down to level 4, the max level where you were immune from attack by the rules.

Honestly, I hated CW 2.0.  I joined clans so that I could play CWs in my tier 10 tanks.  But CW 2.0 completely screwed up clan wars for a lot of people, and made it completely unfun, and left a real sour taste in our "mouths".

Yep that is what did it for me too. Just glad that WOWS CBT was starting shortly after and I left WOT all together. You were in EG right? I know your name is very familiar. I was in RELIC 3rd/2nd for years.

What I want to see in WOWS is something like Strongholds but random queue to build resources for credit and XP bonus and then a separate CW map with maybe ports on the map instead of WOT territories. Those ports would be for daily doubloon rewards just like in WOT and some worth more than others depending on location and time zone. Have ship locking like WOT and also 12 v 12 T10s for CW map. But the important thing is they both be kept separate. 

[CRZ13]
Members
1,912 posts
8,727 battles

Just make it like NF.  Unlimited clan size, limited (<10) number of territories, and battles are scheduled far in advance.  Fun system and it worked.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I never got into clan wars in tanks.  Some of us have social lives and clan wars events seemed to always happen during hours where normal social human beings engage in ~gasp~ wait for it... real face-to-face interaction.  Like with real humans, not cartoons or fantasy make believe imaginary beings.  Like in the same room.  Like without staring into digital screens.

That's what made strongholds so popular.  You weren't forced to be on at specific times.

I'm all for both though.  More content is rarely a bad thing as long as it's not breaking things more than it's helping.  We need more modes where the rewards given for success and progress (that's fun and challenging) last longer than a single match.

• Cool 2

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,572 battles

I am looking forward to clan wars but the OP has a point. It will all end up on how they do clan wars here. Will it be 7 man teams or 15, will it be tiers all the way up to 10 or 1 tier like ranked.... etc. There are so many "casual" players here who did not care about team battles i am not even sure what kind of interest there is in clan wars beyond us vocal players who are on the forum. 

[DAMP]
2,688 posts
14,166 battles
1 hour ago, SeaBreeze_ said:

I am looking forward to clan wars but the OP has a point. It will all end up on how they do clan wars here. Will it be 7 man teams or 15, will it be tiers all the way up to 10 or 1 tier like ranked.... etc. There are so many "casual" players here who did not care about team battles i am not even sure what kind of interest there is in clan wars beyond us vocal players who are on the forum. 

If they make doubloons the reward more will get into clans and participate in CW I think.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
6 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

If they make doubloons the reward more will get into clans and participate in CW I think.

Don't know who plays this game?

How would dragging the average player in WOWS into Clan wars help anyone?:Smile_amazed:

[SIMP]
Members
1,518 posts
12,904 battles

I LOVED clan wars v1, for me, it was the best part of WoT. Join a clan that is in a good time zone for you. It was my only reason for have 22+ T10 tanks and a reason to play them, high tier battles in WoT is more fun than anything in WoWs, but still not the best.

I hated strongholds - boxes - boxes - always needing freaking boxes - for those who don't know, you collect boxes to build your base and get the credit / exp boosts, so you were constantly grinding for boxes, at least we could run T6 8 or 10

Clan Wars v2 killed CWs for me, as it did for many of us, it turned WoT into a job.

[SIMP]
Members
1,518 posts
12,904 battles
25 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Don't know who plays this game?

How would dragging the average player in WOWS into Clan wars help anyone?:Smile_amazed:

It doesn't, it ruins the experience for them, unless they have a low ranked CWs like in WoT, in SIMP we would be attacked by a low skill clan and we had to treat them like we were fighting Otter/Vilian/Relic, it was just ugly for them and a waste for us.

Sign in to follow this