Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
donaldEpott

team killer color

11 comments in this topic

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,514 battles

I was playing CV the other day and I have to say that the color for team killers really needs to change. I ended up shooting down about as many of my team mates planes as I did enemy ones cause the pink is too close to the same shade that the red is.

• Cool 1

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles
5 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

pink is too close to the same shade that the red is

It isn't. You can choose a color blindness filter from the settings if you have trouble telling them apart.

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,514 battles

I will have to try that but I am not color blind. Its just those two colors are too close togeather,

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i can see where that could be a problem on certain monitors that don't have the greatest color filtering. on my monitor it's pretty easy to tell. but i know it would probably be a bit harder if i were still using my old monitor that was almost dead from overuse, because all the colors (reds especially) got very faded.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles
20 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

I will have to try that but I am not color blind. Its just those two colors are too close togeather,

You might be surprised. The two colors (enemy team and teamkiller) are very different, I see orange vs pink. Some level of color blindness is pretty common and often you don't realize it yourself. 

But yea, there are color settings in the options menu that might help you out. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
226 posts
11,858 battles
57 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

We can shoot down allied planes? I mean, seriously? When did this happen?

when a CV strafes it kills or heavily damages ANY plane in its path

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles
1 hour ago, Yvonne_Swanson said:

when a CV strafes it kills or heavily damages ANY plane in its path

Ok, wow. I really didn't know that. I'd never experienced it, and that's the first time I've seen it on the forums. That's good info to have.

Members
6,888 posts
14,868 battles

Hmmm - I have red/green color deficiency and another issue where shades of the same color I have large issues telling apart and even for me, the pink and red are stark differences.

[TF-64]
Members
594 posts
23,953 battles

Yeah my laptop has this as well. It seems worse on some maps than others. I've already tried the color blind filters too. I forget which one helped but one with a low filtering setting did help some. You should try them out just to see if one helps anyway. Now most of my ally shoot down are on purpose. Lock his fighters up with one and strafe the whole kiboodle with the other. Had an ally once lock up all 3 enemy groups with his one in squad. I strafed and got 13 kills out of it. I apologized for shooting his planes and he said he'd have been madder if I hadn't taken advantage of it. Gave us fighter advantage. 

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles
4 hours ago, donaldEpott said:

i'm not color blind either but the colors offer better contrast

Sign in to follow this