You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Brit BBs

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
872 posts
7,346 battles

So far not a big fan of the Brit BBs - but I am only at tier 5.  Can anyone tell me if things get better?  The Warspite is a great ship since the issue of turret traverse is rewarded in other ways which seem non-existent with the ships i've played thus far.  I feel like WG will buff some of these ships later so might as well put this grind off.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Queen Elizabeth is a good ship but I really enjoyed it from then on. The Monarch is "meh" though so beware..

(Played them on Corgi acc)

• Cool 2

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

They've already been buffed. The T9 and T10 are considered OP MegaZaos/MegaMoskvas. If anything, the line will likely see some nerfs in the future.

Get to T7; the traverse is buffed to 45s default from there onwards. In the meantime, make use of having the best HE in the entire game, and the short fuse AP on cruisers.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

[-SYN-]
Members
218 posts
4,513 battles

I'm almost done with QE, I found her HE actually was doing worse for me then the AP.

With HE it's 8 guns at 35% fire chance a shell, just wasn't doing the damage for me, think my best was 70kish. While QE's AP my best game with it is 111k.

It doesn't really get cit hits, not with that short fuse, but if you know where to aim it can pretty reliably wreck things. I've been chunking other BBs for 10-18k on average with it. Just gotta punish them for broadside or ram it through where you know it'll do something.

I'm a little afraid of KGV though, as I've been reliably hitting it for 10-14k through the front with AP. At least some of that was the short fuses through the larger superstructure, but it's enough to make me leary.

• Cool 1

Members
3,354 posts
23,879 battles

I'm absolutely hating the Queen E. By far the worst tier 6 BB and one of the worst dispersions I've seen in the game. I don't believe the stats. In the Iron Duke I was doing quite well. I found the guns quite accurate. The Queen E on the other hand is just horrible even with ASM 1 it still can't hit a barn door from 2 km away. If I land two of the eight shots mid to close range I consider it lucky.
I'd really like to just free XP my way past this misery.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,364 battles
44 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm absolutely hating the Queen E.

I don't know how it handles shellfire, but it absolutely gobbles torp hits like a magnet! And the tier 5 one; "King George drank a Fifth" or whatever it's name is; THAT one seems to draw torps to it also. Maybe it was the guys playing them, but if so, it was a lot of guys playing them.

PS: Sorry, the "Drank a Fifth" is the tier 8; the "Iron Fluke" is the tier 5.

Members
3,354 posts
23,879 battles
11 hours ago, Umikami said:

I don't know how it handles shellfire, but it absolutely gobbles torp hits like a magnet! And the tier 5 one; "King George drank a Fifth" or whatever it's name is; THAT one seems to draw torps to it also. Maybe it was the guys playing them, but if so, it was a lot of guys playing them.

PS: Sorry, the "Drank a Fifth" is the tier 8; the "Iron Fluke" is the tier 5.

Iron Duke is good. QE is like a shotgun    shells go everywhere

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

I think the KGV is a highlight of the entire line.

Every 25sec a salvo of 10HE with 41% fire chance are just OP and Games above 100k are no problem, even if you are an average player when not been focussed down early.

I had no problems when put in a T9 match and found it easy to get good results in that battles because Missouris and FDG are soo big, fat and clumsy targets.

On Monarch i cant make up my mind.

Maybe the concealment of 10.9km is the key.