Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreyFox78659

GreyFox's Opinion: Texas Come and Take It!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: No fact, figures, or anything of substance will be discussed in this article just conjecture, hearsay, and slander. You are warned any attempt to quote this article to win an argument will be ridiculed by this author.

Let me start with I wrote this piece against the advice of counsel and in defiance of several cease and desist notices from the PM of Canada himself who shall declare war in defiance of the queen on the USA if I post another opinion.

So my opinion of USS Texas you knew what is was going to be. I am a TEXAN!!! So.........

I really want to say it is good but no it's just New York with tier VII AA. I really want to play it more but it's only fun when a carrier is in the match. When one is I find myself continually reminding the opposing carrier DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS! But get I then sunk by a flanking DD more often than not.

Final Opinion: DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS. You decide what that means to you in regards to buying it. I won't sell mine but I probably won't hardly play with it either.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Umm, yeah, Texas cant be that good.  NY is a slow [edited]under armored hunk of inaccurate junk.  Texas is the same thing, just with more arc on 1 of the guns, great AA as you say and the ability to put a Freedom skin on.....

2 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

Umm, yeah, Texas cant be that good.  NY is a slow [edited]under armored hunk of inaccurate junk.  Texas is the same thing, just with more arc on 1 of the guns, great AA as you say and the ability to put a Freedom skin on.....

If you don't like New York yep the only two differences are less secondary guns and much and I do mean much better AA. The better arc is a wash as Texas has a better arc on C but a worse one on X. Basically comes down to how much you like Texas.

You can angle the Texas a little more that the NY even thought the C turret has a better angle but has Grey said the X turret is worse. Personally I love her and have no problem dishing out the damage in a T7 match. The thing is you have to understand how to maximize her and thats not for everyone. Just like I suck something terrible in DDs but I hold solid stats in USN BBs and love playing them. Their not for everyone, but to say it sucks while holding the highest stats for T5 is kinda crazy

I found NY to be inaccurate feeling a year ago.  Up to T8 US BB, I doubled back and find the NY to be a far more easy ship to score big hits.  I'd be happy to drive a TX.  I think I was just not very good at aiming when I plowed through T5 initially.  Yes it's slow, but well placed shots seem to land far more often now than when I was newer to the line.  

16 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I won't sell mine but I probably won't hardly play with it either.

I got my Texas in a Christmas Crate and I aint going to sell her either. I also hardly play her because I'm always bottom tiered against 7s. Texas is good against 5s and ok against 6s but badly outmatched against 7s.

10 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I got my Texas in a Christmas Crate and I aint going to sell her either. I also hardly play her because I'm always bottom tiered against 7s. Texas is good against 5s and ok against 6s but badly outmatched against 7s.

I hear ya. I kind of rage-quit playing my Texas out of frustration at being over-matched by opposing BB's 99.9% of the time. That's a MM problem, not a ship problem but it still sucks being citadel-bait for T7's.

Edited by TF77

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0