You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

WG please explain what is the point of playing a CA now?

112 comments in this topic

Members
797 posts

Really what is the point of playing a CA now? Brit BB can start fires better, have longer range, more HP, heals, better armor, can 1 shot DD with HE, can cit CA with HE and the list goes on. I know other post have been made complaining about this, but i really would like to know how you came up with the idea that you should make a BB that can do everything better than a CA except they do not have torps and the speed or any of the gimmicks like radar. Those extra perks do not make CA worth it over the Brit BB. 

• Cool 5

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,176 posts
3,867 battles

Fun fact: They were tested with radar, just to make cruisers even more pointless than they already do.

Surprised they weren't launched with it, given WG's previously established hatred of cruisers and destroyers alike.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 2

[POI--]
Members
171 posts
1,989 battles
3 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

Really what is the point of playing a CA now? Brit BB can start fires better, have longer range, more HP, heals, better armor, can 1 shot DD with HE, can cit CA with HE and the list goes on. I know other post have been made complaining about this, but i really would like to know how you came up with the idea that you should make a BB that can do everything better than a CA except they do not have torps and the speed or any of the gimmicks like radar. Those extra perks do not make CA worth it over the Brit BB. 

IFHE made CA worthless already - did you think that penetration was a valid tradeoff for rate of fire? Now you get penetration, rate of fire, AND fire chance! Hell, what had started as a nerf test ended up being a buff test.

But setting that aside: yes, UK battleships are absolutely disgusting. The low tiers in particular play as if they had been positioned one tier too low.

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles

Oh let the Salty tears flow LOL.  A swear no one will ever be happy with anything that is released.  Bunch of spoiled brats.  I"m sure there are plenty other games where you will always have the advantage, until you don't and then cry about it.

• Cool 1

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
2 minutes ago, WeissRaben_2 said:

But setting that aside: yes, UK battleships are absolutely disgusting. The low tiers in particular play as if they had been positioned one tier too low.

Not disgusting at all.  I haven't had any problems with them.

Edited by Ghost_Raven75

[FORM]
Members
253 posts
4,790 battles

I am not pushing tiering the British battleships. I have the feeling a nerf is headed their way. Do they need it.... Well a reduction in fire chance maybe, but if they do that i would think a AP buff would be needed. Do i think they have hurt some CA that rely on HE for a living, sure. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,185 battles

"WG please explain what is the point of playing a CA now?"

Same as it as always been. Kill DD's and support the team with AA and fire support. Nothing has changed.

• Cool 2

Members
457 posts
3 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Not disgusting at all.  I haven't had any problems with them.

if your in one they are just stupid easy but they are murder to anything not a BB. whereas a cruiser or destroyer could get by being overpenned now they just get set on fire and lose modules right and left. 

power creep and bad design all in one. why should we expect otherwise

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles

I don't think they need nurfed or buffed.  I don't have issues with their AP at all and thats what I use.  I'm not one for using HE regardless of its strength on a BB or not.

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
Just now, fourteenfour said:

if your in one they are just stupid easy but they are murder to anything not a BB. whereas a cruiser or destroyer could get by being overpenned now they just get set on fire and lose modules right and left. 

power creep and bad design all in one. why should we expect otherwise

If you don't expect otherwise then why do you play?  And as for going up against one?  LOL, I've had no problem with them in my Omaha,  I burn them before they burn me.  You people need to learn your ships and learn to adapt different tactics instead of whining.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
12 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Oh let the Salty tears flow LOL.  A swear no one will ever be happy with anything that is released.  Bunch of spoiled brats.  I"m sure there are plenty other games where you will always have the advantage, until you don't and then cry about it.

Uh, I guess you either haven't tested conq or aren't able to use it well. a 200k in any other BB actually takes work. In conq it does not. It's way too easy.

• Cool 6

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
1 minute ago, Pulicat said:

Uh, I guess you either haven't tested conq or aren't able to use it well. a 200k in any other BB actually takes work. In conq it does not. It's way too easy.

I'm a Supertester so yes I have tested them all and I do currently have them all as well thanks to Free XP.  Your argument is invalid

[CAPGO]
Members
511 posts
3,261 battles
5 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

If you don't expect otherwise then why do you play?  And as for going up against one?  LOL, I've had no problem with them in my Omaha,  I burn them before they burn me.  You people need to learn your ships and learn to adapt different tactics instead of whining.

You are the type of people who ruin the balancing of this game. You are clearly refusing to see the problem. yes the problem is there and you won't see them with your eyes closed. 

• Cool 2

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
168 posts
6,377 battles
20 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Fun fact: They were tested with radar, just to make cruisers even more pointless than they already do.

Surprised they weren't launched with it, given WG's previously established hatred of cruisers and destroyers alike.

Nah...War Gaming has to wait until the Russian battleships line comes out for them to give battleships radar. :Smile_smile:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,176 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, Misfit87 said:

Nah...War Gaming has to wait until the Russian battleships line comes out for them to give battleships radar. :Smile_smile:

And smoke.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
4 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I wont say go look at his stats, I'm sure you have, and already can see,  Being a supertester doesn't take skill, just analytical reasoning.   skill would make it better as it could help point out when something is "too easy".. but as I said, you can see why he takes his stance if you look at his stats.

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles

I'm a Supertester so yes I have tested them all and I do currently have them all as well thanks to Free XP.  Your argument is invalid

no, it's not. find me a unicum that doesn't think it's too strong. Just because you can't use it on that level doesn't mean it's fine.

• Cool 6

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
2 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

You are the type of people who ruin the balancing of this game. You are clearly refusing to see the problem. yes the problem is there and you won't see them with your eyes closed. 

No the constant whining when a line comes out that you don't primarily play which counters your HE advantage is what ruins the balancing of the game.  Its just like everyone who whined about DDs being op then they get nurfed.  

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

no, it's not. find me a unicum that doesn't think it's too strong. Just because you can't use it on that level doesn't mean it's fine.

The fact that I'm an average player and very successful in them says a whole lot.  A Unicom should be able to wreck in all ships unless all they do is pad their stats at low tier, so yeah your argument is still moronic and you're stil;l whining because you don't get your special HE advantage anymore

[FORM]
Members
253 posts
4,790 battles
1 minute ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

No the constant whining when a line comes out that you don't primarily play which counters your HE advantage is what ruins the balancing of the game.  Its just like everyone who whined about DDs being op then they get nurfed.  

I play both BB and CA and am very good in them i am also a unicum. I find the new British BB fire chance to be a bit much and does need a slight nerf. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,587 posts
14,010 battles

Let's not pretend there were no BBs with excellent HE & Fire Capability before RN BBs appeared.  For most parts they're all quite good in that department.

• Cool 1

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
1 minute ago, SeaBreeze_ said:

I play both BB and CA and am very good in them i am also a unicum. I find the new British BB fire chance to be a bit much and does need a slight nerf. 

Like I said, I don't generally use HE at all in my BBs and yes you are correct that the fire chances are a bit much but it also makes sense considering its a BB with larger shells.  But that being said, the constant whining that people do on these forums has really done nothing but unbalance the game even more, look at what happened to DDs

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
16 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I'm not one for using HE regardless of its strength on a BB or not.

Then I think you're not using your RN BB's strength.

If you never took your KM BB closer than 10km, you would think they were gimped.

[FORM]
Members
253 posts
4,790 battles

Like I said, I don't generally use HE at all in my BBs and yes you are correct that the fire chances are a bit much but it also makes sense considering its a BB with larger shells.  But that being said, the constant whining that people do on these forums has really done nothing but unbalance the game even more, look at what happened to DDs

I am not going to disagree with you on the fact there is too much whining over some things. Most unicums do not whine. They adapt and overcome. When the unicums start pointing out that something is a bit OP there most likely is a problem. The whining about DD and such was never a unicum whine. Those whines came from people who can't understand how to use WASD.  

Edited by SeaBreeze_