Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeliciousFart

Interesting article on Yamato's torpedo defense flaws

167 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,794
Alpha Tester
7,108 posts
3,722 battles

Hey did, and it wasn't exactly dismissed either.

 

Now there was some "Reeeeeeeeeeeee" noises coming from some Yamato fan bois, but DF had some pretty good conversation running. There was no disproving of his statements or data, and a lot of pretty interesting conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
4 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

He's sending more insulting whine PM's, lmbo.

I'm generally a pretty laid-back guy when it comes to online interactions, via public discussion forums, so things would have to get really effing spicy for me to even consider using the "report" function (as in, so spicy the mods have already probably swooped down upon it). But the instant someone starts flaming me via a PM, that is a different story.

So if you haven't already reported him for that, I suggest you do. Having a b!tchfit in public is one thing, but that is another.

Edited by Goodwood_Alpha
FREE KEKISTAN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,724
[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
4 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I'm generally a pretty laid-back guy when it comes to online interactions, via public discussion forums, so things would have to get really effing spicy for me to even consider using the "report" function (as in, so spicy the mods have already probably swooped down upon it). But the instant someone starts flaming me via a PM, that is a different story.

So if you haven't already reported him for that, I suggest you do. Having a b!tchfit in public is one thing, but that is another.

 

I value the entertainment to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, Big_Spud said:

I value the entertainment to be honest.

Fair point.

I suppose it depends on what he's actually saying to you; I wouldn't know, because I've never gotten a hate PM via the forums. In-game is another story, but that only happened twice, and the second time I actually did send in a ticket (neither were of an "entertaining" nature, but that was MPOV).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,275 posts
737 battles
40 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Try putting your revisionist post on reddit, lets see what a less murica group think of your crap.

Since you insisted, challenge accepted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/7agukr/south_dakota_and_iowa_torpedo_side_protection/

 

Edited by DeliciousFart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

One thing that separates the aidspig from the true shitposter is a severe lack of awareness of themselves and their intended target(s), whether intentional or not. :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

And before you ask, yes I am very much intentionally trying to promote aidspig theory here on the forums. It is a useful hypothesis at the very least, and potentially quite the avenue for hijinks and shenanigans.

More details in my profile's "About me" section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,275 posts
737 battles
4 hours ago, Big_Spud said:

 

Hey, at least the Colorado thread got a good response :I

At this point I really don't care if it gets thrashed. If people want to ignore physics, then it's not my job to convince them otherwise.

 

4 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

One thing that separates the aidspig from the true shitposter is a severe lack of awareness of themselves and their intended target(s), whether intentional or not. :Smile_trollface:

  Hide contents

And before you ask, yes I am very much intentionally trying to promote aidspig theory here on the forums. It is a useful hypothesis at the very least, and potentially quite the avenue for hijinks and shenanigans.

More details in my profile's "About me" section.

LOL

Edited by DeliciousFart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
7 minutes ago, bsbr said:

You can never stop bragging about USN? Bringing your friends to reddit to help you means nothing.

That isn't even a "nice try" at attempting to create a rock-and-hard-place situation. It is in fact borderline retarded—you dared him to do a certain thing, and when he went ahead and did it, you want to cry out that he's stacking the deck?

Schmuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
Members
175 posts
3 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

That isn't even a "nice try" at attempting to create a rock-and-hard-place situation. It is in fact borderline retarded—you dared him to do a certain thing, and when he went ahead and did it, you want to cry out that he's stacking the deck?

Schmuck.

I'm really done with this forum. The amount of pro USN bias is completely ridiculous and arguing against the echo chamber is such a pointless waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, bsbr said:

I'm really done with this forum. The amount of pro USN bias is completely ridiculous and arguing against the echo chamber is such a pointless waste of time.

The echo chamber is in your own mind.

You will not be missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
Members
175 posts
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

The echo chamber is in your own mind.

You will not be missed.

Endless flocks of people celebrating a thread disparaging and belittling the Yamato and Japanese ships but when similar WELL PROVEN issues are pointed out about Iowa its completely ignored. I'm done wasting my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, bsbr said:

Endless flocks of people celebrating a thread disparaging and belittling the Yamato and Japanese ships but when similar WELL PROVEN issues are pointed out about Iowa its completely ignored. I'm done wasting my time.

And yet here you are.

The only thing you have ever done, EVER, is dish out assertion after assertion after assertion. Calling anything you say with regards to any ship a "hypothesis" is to insult the term and the scientific method it is a cornerstone of. You lost this and all your other "conversations" long ago, and further kvetching only serves to dig yourself deeper into the rabbit hole you climbed into way back when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
2 hours ago, bsbr said:

Iowa TDS has well known flaws but all you do is make long rant trying to defend it with revisionist garbage and throwing random numbers around and fancy concepts that you don't even fully know. Iowa TDS is flawed, people like Friedman and Chuck Hawks commented extensively on it. Just accept it and the sooner you stop fawning over it the less people have to see your revisionist posts. Lucky Iowa never took torpedo near the front magazine because she probably would explode in two.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/post_treaty_battleships2.htm

 

Ah yes, the estimable Chuck Hawks, graduate of a South American school of chiropractic medicine, I presume? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,172
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,217 posts
13,831 battles

Yamato takes a torpedo hit...continues at speed...and makes port.  In the game sense, sounds like DCP...and maybe an RT..press on.

 

The danger wasn't one hit...but multiple hits...AND flooding.  Again, in the game sense...a torp hit with DCP on cooldown is going to cause a lot of angst.

 

Within the slop of WG models...and it's a LOT of slop in many instances...I don't see an issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×