You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrEndeavour

Should RN BB HE be nerfed?

Royal Navy Battleship HE  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what should be changed?

• Lower the fire chance
    • Lower the Alpha Damage
    • Said 'no' to question 1
  3. 3. Should the AP be buffed to make it more viable?

• Yes
    • No

56 comments in this topic

[RO-I]
Members
345 posts

Wows players are simple morons. Nerfing/making worse any ship in this game is stupid, moronic and pointless as all wows ships are horrible to play and nearly complete without any 'fun' factor built in. Lets take the guns and torps off all of them and just use stern language(but polite of course) as per the leftist / libertines agenda in the USA and crap-can all violates or of the treats of violence...we'll all be safer for it.    :cap_wander:

[DACO]
Members
178 posts
10,521 battles
18 hours ago, Mariofan1ish said:

Okay, so how do you 'avoid' shots that are fast, accurate, have incredible Fire Chance, obliterate modules. have high alpha damage- and more importantly- ignore all armor entirely?

Ok I'll break this down a little bit:

Fast, accurate?  Most shells are fast or they wouldn't reach their target but accurate?  Skill, luck, and RNG-Jesus handle that part.  I seem to miss more than I hit based off of poor aiming, mouse movement, ship movement, and dispersion.  If it's a BB shooting HE (which is the practice against DD's or the Scharnhorst in normal mode) and even extremely close range against other CA's or BB's, we are given the 2 choices to shoot.  Some ships are only given AP so they adjust their play style to reduce ricochets and maximize penetration.  Flags and captain skills, on both ends, can help alleviate fire chances or starting fires.  Some ships exploit HE and it sucks but that's what makes each ship unique so adjust your play style and try to get a citadel shot.   

[DACO]
Members
178 posts
10,521 battles
23 hours ago, Maggie_Saito said:

I hope it does I do not have my Japanese keyboard. use translation program and the writing is very small so cannot read it well. Could take pic and enlarge but that is just one more step after a day of one more steps. 

Have tedious job and life so sometimes motivation is not as it should be.

I ran it through the Universal Translator Captain and that's what she said....

Members
566 posts
1,954 battles

On who would think, you would be a capt, to translate. (universal, language)? But thank you Mr. Sgt_088 for your fine services    

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,147 battles
On 10/12/2017 at 0:42 AM, Mariofan1ish said:

And I found somebody who obviously has no idea what they're talking about. If I was a stat-padder, I'd want the UK BBs either left alone or BUFFED specifically so I can boost my own stats.

Let me ask you- let's say we DO nerf HE. What happens to the IJN Cruisers? The French? The Soviet DDs? Even the German DDs and both Carrier lines, one of which relies very heavily on fire for damage? We do NOT need to give BBs ANOTHER benefit by reducing the amount of DoT they take, especially since Citadels and Torpedoes alike are so hard to score on them these days.

Nooo, you'd want them nerfed so it was easier to kill them and not be nuked yourself. Duh.

Members
126 posts
1,519 battles

I personally would prefer the RN battleships to have nerfed HE, in exchange for better AP rounds. Setting fires can be fun for a bit, but it really begins to feel more like the RN battleships are slow, well armored cruisers in disguise. It seems gimmicky, and when it comes down to it I'd rather have something with a good AP round to use against other battleships. Let the cruisers do the burning, these are battleships and they ought to fight like them. As they are, they seem to embody the "jack of all trades but master of none" approach.