You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Junkieturtle

Is Replay necessary to report teammate giving away friendly ship position to enemy team in chat?

11 comments in this topic

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

In a round a bit ago I had a teammate give away my position to the enemy team in the game chat(ALL). I've reported the problem in a ticket with a screenshot, but noticed that it said replays were necessary to report unsportsmanlike conduct.

Since this occurred in the game chat, and was not something that would require seeing the player doing something with their ship, is a replay necessary for this to be dealt with? I don't record replays so I don't have one.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,325 posts
9,387 battles

I think you'll get a reply on your ticket, but if - like you say - the screenshot shows the act, along with your actual position on the minimap...

I'd say that's more compelling than a replay -- since they don't have to weed through 13 minutes of other activity.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I think you'll get a reply on your ticket, but if - like you say - the screenshot shows the act, along with your actual position on the minimap...

I'd say that's more compelling than a replay -- since they don't have to weed through 13 minutes of other activity.

Oh yeah, screenshot shows the chat and my position. I was in my CV so I was map overview mode when screenshot was taken so my position is pretty clear and matches what the guy said in chat.

Just wanted to make sure that not having a replay would let this guy escape any potential actions WG may take for this kind of thing. I wasn't even the last ship left alive at that point. Hate that kind of teamplay.

Funny thing is we ended up winning the round regardless.

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Replays are always the best.

Replay files are much more than a simple video file. They log all sorts of information.

For what you want to report, I would send a screenshot of the offense, the replay file, and indicate at what minute mark the offense happened.

Here are the official directions on how to enable replays:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/517

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles

It's to stop people from submitting a ticket to support with "Yeah so I was just in this battle and Junkieturtle totally spent the entire match reporting our positions" without proof.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I'll get the tool and start saving replays. Been playing for over a year and today was the first time I had a need to report someone on the website instead of with the in-game system so I never saw the need for having replays enabled. Might as well start now.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

replays have a timestamped for this very reason. It prevent people from using the same screenshot from 6 months ago in a other support ticket

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I would imagine someone could edit a screenshot more easily than edit a replay.  So there would be an extra layer of security against "false" accusations.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Forum hiccup caused a double post - sorry.

Edited by surratus
double post

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,670 battles

Hell I see players rating away players position often  .......

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles
16 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Hell I see players rating away players position often  .......

They can be reported for it. The rule against it is it's own line in the EULA and the report menu has a checkbox specifically for that type of thing.

I just didn't realize replays were required, I've never had to report someone on the website here before today.