Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThePrideOfDixie

New flags for the Alabama

3 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
23 posts
6,714 battles

Greetings Everyone,

First, I would like to say that I've used Garfield001's Flag Mod for some time to bring some flags to WOWS for myself and friends. I asked him if I could share a couple on the forum, and he was gracious enough to approve. These are Zip files so it should not require any 3rd party software to open. The version of Garfield001's Flag Mod used for these mods include the German flag with an Iron Cross, and the National flag of Japan(like those in WOWS). Instead of the historically correct German flag with the Swastika and the flag of Imperial Japan that is traditional in Garfield001's Flag Mod.

To start, we have the premium ship, the Alabama. Now it did come with a bundled flag that features a butterfly(the state insect). Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that! But I wanted something different, that well, didn't have a butterfly on it (LOL). So after you install one of these mods, and you select that butterfly flag you will get.......

Version 1 features the Alabama flying the State flag: AL_with_State_Flag_0.6.10.0_Flags_A.zip (direct download)

alabama_1.thumb.png.f1e149c87e3e200645a454999ca90367.pngalabama_2.thumb.png.bffe02785e600aa5fc33704b79e872c7.png

Version 2 is for those with an interest in the American Civil War. There was a Confederate ship that sailed by the same name, the CSS Alabama. This version features the Confederate National flag that was flown on that ship: CSS Alabama Wiki. Just to be sure I'm complying with WG Forum Rules, I have put two images on an outside link: Alabama with CSA flag pics

Direct download: CSS Alabama mod

If anyone has any flags that they would like to see in the game, let me know. Any flag in the game can have it's “visual” changed but still retain any special features it may have, such as the Military Month Contributor flag that provides 5% per battle.

To install these versions of Garfield001's Flag Mod:

1. Download the Zip

2. extract the two mod folders

3. locate where WOWS is installed on you computer. Folder progression should be World_of_Warships/res_mods/game version/

4. Drag the Mod folders into the folder for the latest version of the game. You're done.

When WOWS does updates such as 0.6.10.0 to 0.6.10.1, simply drag the mod folders to that update folder. Updates such as 0.6.10 to 0.6.11, the flag mod will generally need to be updated. Once it's updated, download and follow the install process again.

Garfield001 has made a number of great mods, and you can find them right here.

Edited by HMS_Defiance

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the national flag supposed to be higher than other flags?  Just curious if that is different for navel ships.  Maybe one just has to be bigger than the others.

[WOLFB]
Members
23 posts
6,714 battles

I believe you are correct. But that is the placement that WOWS gave to the bundled Monarch Butterfly flag. The game will recognize either of the two flags used in the mods above as that bundled flag.

shot-17.08.28_22.20.47-0319.jpg

Edited by HMS_Defiance

Sign in to follow this