Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

Orion HE, lol wut? (RN HE?)

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles

is this for real or a bug?

1 shot cruisers and better dmg and fire chance then a t10 BB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,558
[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Been living under a rock, have you?

Someone at WG finally played Portal 2:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Been living under a rock, have you?

hadnt played ships in ages was waiting for the new line, so if that qualifies for living under a rock sure?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,558
[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
1 minute ago, Summon3r said:

hadnt played ships in ages was waiting for the new line, so if that qualifies for living under a rock sure?

Yeah I realized after posting my comment that it could be taken as rude. Didn't mean it as such.

RN BB having strong HE has been a hot topic of conversation ever since the stats were first leaked / datamined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yeah I realized after posting my comment that it could be taken as rude. Didn't mean it as such.

RN BB having strong HE has been a hot topic of conversation ever since the stats were first leaked / datamined.

np....... i think strong HE would be a bit of an understatement in this scenario?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,558
[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
1 minute ago, Summon3r said:

np....... i think strong HE would be a bit of an understatement in this scenario?

Well, 'national flavor' I suppose. I mean, RNCL which have only AP, RNBB which are known for having great HE. What's next - destroyers without torpedoes but great AA?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,036
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,739 posts
4,538 battles

It's refreshing to hit a frog boat with a full broadside with he and watch it explode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,004
[NDA]
Supertester
4,792 posts
13,617 battles

WG, here is the British Cruiser line and it only fires AP but the AP has shorter fuses to help it do more damage.

Players, ok this is odd but might work. Whats next WG a BB line that only fires HE.

WG. laughs maniacally in the distance.

 

I'm assuming we've all seen the New Flamu video of the Orion nuking the world with HE. 

This will be the moto of the Orion as she enters battle.

YoN28kv.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,372 posts
3,564 battles

I can't get enough of these HE Citadels LOL! 1 shot a Fury taco that took a full broadside of HE citadels lol.  All with Orion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
950 posts
5,559 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, 'national flavor' I suppose. I mean, RNCL which have only AP, RNBB which are known for having great HE. What's next - destroyers without torpedoes but great AA?

This would be strangely amusing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
206
[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
48 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, 'national flavor' I suppose. I mean, RNCL which have only AP, RNBB which are known for having great HE. What's next - destroyers without torpedoes but great AA?

 

Actually what could be next is the ISE-class BB, a BB with Planes.

 

Ise1944.png

 

:cap_haloween::cap_cool:

Edited by Pata1985
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,792 battles
19 minutes ago, reaper_swpz said:

This would be strangely amusing.

 

 


I would really find it neat to have an AA line of DDs without torps...if done correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[SF-3]
Members
1,450 posts
7,929 battles
37 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, 'national flavor' I suppose. I mean, RNCL which have only AP, RNBB which are known for having great HE. What's next - destroyers without torpedoes but great AA?

shhh... keep the new IJN dd line split quiet, no torps, mediocre AA, amazing guns, with 0% fire chance and 45 second turret traverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,700 posts
3,265 battles
Just now, Pata1985 said:

 

Actually what could be next is the ISE-class BB paper config, a BB with Planes.

 

 

 

The Ise class "carrier" refit was not a paper design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,372 posts
3,564 battles

I just don't understand why they gave a Tier 4 ship better HE then a Tier 10.. 

 

Am I the only person who think this is a bit insane? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,084
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,695 posts
10,037 battles

Look guys, an elite team of apparently largely ignored ST's and the same Dev's who rolled out Graf Zeppelin flawlessly spent 90 days testing this line.

There is no way there are any problems with it. Full stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,368 posts
5,025 battles
7 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Am I the only person who think this is a bit insane? 

 

No, you aren't. The HE "flavour" is way overboard. It isn't like Orion is somehow so bad in other areas that it needs spectacular HE. That goes for most of the RN BB line. Good examples of using amazing HE for flavour is KGV or Ishizuchi, since they actually have significant drawbacks with their AP at their respective tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles

this is utterly amazing a thread that so far has every poster in agreement and on the same page LOL nice work WG your bringing the community together!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,248 battles

read here:

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_16-50_mk7.php

Bursting Charge
(see Note 5)
AP Mark 8 - 40.9 lbs. (18.55 kg)
HC Mark 13 - 153.6 lbs. (69.67 kg)
HC Mark 14 - 153.6 lbs. (69.67 kg)
Nuclear Mark 23 - W23 warhead, about 15-20 kilotons

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_135-45_mk5.php

  • Bursting Charge Light
       APC Mark IIa - 40 lbs. (18.1 kg) Lyddite
       APC Mark IVa - 29.5 lbs. (13.4 kg) Shellite
       APC 8/12crh - N/A
       CPC - 117.4 lbs. (53.3 kg) Lyddite
       HE - 176.5 lbs. (80.1 kg)

    Heavy
       APC Mark Ia - 44.5 lbs. (20.2 kg) Lyddite
       APC Mark IIIa - 33 lbs. (15.0 kg) Shellite
       CPC - 117.5 lbs. (53.3 kg) Lyddite
       HE - 176.5 lbs. (80.1 kg)

 

not that I don't agree that the HE is broken.

Edited by MrDeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,315
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,372 posts
3,564 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

read here:

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_16-50_mk7.php

Bursting Charge
(see Note 5)
AP Mark 8 - 40.9 lbs. (18.55 kg)
HC Mark 13 - 153.6 lbs. (69.67 kg)
HC Mark 14 - 153.6 lbs. (69.67 kg)
Nuclear Mark 23 - W23 warhead, about 15-20 kilotons

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_135-45_mk5.php

  • Bursting Charge Light
       APC Mark IIa - 40 lbs. (18.1 kg) Lyddite
       APC Mark IVa - 29.5 lbs. (13.4 kg) Shellite
       APC 8/12crh - N/A
       CPC - 117.4 lbs. (53.3 kg) Lyddite
       HE - 176.5 lbs. (80.1 kg)

    Heavy
       APC Mark Ia - 44.5 lbs. (20.2 kg) Lyddite
       APC Mark IIIa - 33 lbs. (15.0 kg) Shellite
       CPC - 117.5 lbs. (53.3 kg) Lyddite
       HE - 176.5 lbs. (80.1 kg)

 

not that I don't agree that the HE is broken.

Why is the  Busrting charge so much larger for a smaller shell?  I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,248 battles
13 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Why is the  Busrting charge so much larger for a smaller shell?  I

it's more like... why are USN HE shells so light on bursting charges...

small bursting charges are just a USN thing, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×