You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Small Kamikaze R bug

15 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

So whenever I've been playing my Kamikaze R to club low tiers since this patch came out, every time I fired my guns it's the battleship fun sound that plays. It's just slightly annoying hearing the massive bb sound go off every 8 seconds. Has anyone else had this happen in their Kamikaze R?

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,150 posts
4,940 battles

It's because it is so explosively shocking that an IJN destroyer is using its guns.....  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
25 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

battleship fun sound

This typo made me laugh. I'm tying to picture what battleship fun sounds like. :Smile_teethhappy:

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
15 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

It's because it is so explosively shocking that an IJN destroyer is using its guns.....  :Smile_teethhappy:

Kamikaze gunboat is OP. Her guns are more usable than many give her credit for. :)

• Cool 1

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
245 posts
8,179 battles

I think it's always been like that, I remember way back noticing that oddity about the ship

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,131 posts
3,867 battles
2 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Kamikaze gunboat is OP. Her guns are more usable than many give her credit for. :)

Her guns are also not as good as many insist.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
45 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Her guns are also not as good as many insist.

Then you're not using them right. :)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,131 posts
3,867 battles
2 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Then you're not using them right. :)

I think I know how to use Fujin/Kamikaze/Kamikaze R and I know what their guns are capable of.

The guns are OK. But they're not going to beat a full health Nicholas in a gunfight.

Whereas most "But the guns are actually good!" people insist it's like Akizuki or something.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
16 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I think I know how to use Fujin/Kamikaze/Kamikaze R and I know what their guns are capable of.

The guns are OK. But they're not going to beat a full health Nicholas in a gunfight.

Whereas most "But the guns are actually good!" people insist it's like Akizuki or something.

Fair. Although I can usually beat a Nicholas in a gunfight...if I can break away and hold the range open to 7+km. At knife range, the ROF differential and slow traverse gives a huge advantage to Nicholas but at 7km I'll  land a much higher % of my shots than he will. 

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,000 battles
27 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Where in here did someone say that they were good for a nicholas?    Unless it's engaged elsewhere first.  

I love free pot shots with my kami's as I or a target head behind an island corner.   More often than not for every volley i throw at cruisers or bb's,  I am doing exactly 1980 damage with HE and a decent chance of fire.  Most people don't realize they hit that hard on a regular basis.  

The AP is mostly overlooked, but can really pound hard too.

Edited by AnimaL21

[PEN]
Members
67 posts
7,113 battles

Why not just turn the gun sound down?  I also don't care for the detonation and end of ship blow-up sound, so I've turned down the SFX sound too.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,131 posts
3,867 battles
49 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Where in here did someone say that they were good for a nicholas?    Unless it's engaged elsewhere first.  

Not in here, but that's generally the impression "But the guns are good!" folks try to give when it's come up before.

Kamikaze is an opportunist, honestly. With guns, at least. With torpedoes, she's an active hunter.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,014 posts

Kamikaze rule number one: avoid USN DDs. Rule number two: avoid Russian DDs. Rule number three: avoid German DDs. Rule number four: now that they have them, avoid British DDs. Slip in quietly and pump that BB full of wonderfully nice torps and watch the gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair commence on the chat channel. Repeat until time or targets expire. As for your guns, those are used when you want to put a Bogue to the death of a thousand cuts instead of just torping him, because it is hilarious to score citadels in a Kamikaze.