Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sprocket_Grease

Cowardice?

19 comments in this topic

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,641 battles

What is up with the growing number of wusses in this game?  These eunuchs couldn't punch out of a wet paper bag to secure a flank if they tried....

Seriously, I have noticed an increase in the absolute lack of balls with the current player base. I get that the meta seems to be turning into a campfest, particularly as you rise in tiers, but it gets old really fast. No, I am not talking about stupid yoloing, just the lack of any semblance of aggression. 

If I want boring, I'll stick with Co-Op. At least there you get some semblance of teamwork with aggressive play. Besides, Co-op definitely teaches you how to avoid incoming fire!

/rant....thanks for listening. 

• Cool 4

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

Is your sig actually correct?

You've played 20 matches in 3 months.  One match yesterday.  

Do you realize your sample size is a bit on the small side?

[FOG]
Beta Testers
215 posts
3,641 battles
1 minute ago, Kerrec said:

Is your sig actually correct?

You've played 20 matches in 3 months.  One match yesterday.  

Do you realize your sample size is a bit on the small side?

It is.  TBH, I have been playing more Co-op than Random, and it probably has affected my gameplay. That being said, I find Co-op much more relaxing, because I feel that I can rely at least some on my teammates. I don't get that vibe in Randoms anymore. I want to get the rewards from Random, but it ends up being so disappointing.

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

I don't know about co-op, but I can vouch that I have played 389 random games in the last 3 months, and I have seen everything from cowardice, to YOLO and everything in between.

[ATTS]
Members
37 posts
4,233 battles

... actually I have noticed as well that the WoT 'unicum' mindset (be a jerk, let the team die for you, harvest whatever damage/kills you can get without taking any risks) is getting stronger in the WoWS as well... 

I did not know there is a 'WN8' in WoWS as well, but more and more players seem to be statspadding instead of actually fighting and having fun. 

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I did notice the same division from the same clan in low tier RN BBs last night moving around the map edge not engaging the enemy till late game. Not sure how I got saddled with the same people multiple times with such a huge pool of BBs to pull from. Honestly the only way we won is we had really good seal clubber DDs on our side. Like /really/ good. 

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles

Honestly, it is impossible to compare Co-Op to Random. Co-Op is simply too easy and does little to prepare a captain for the meta in randoms.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
7 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

Honestly, it is impossible to compare Co-Op to Random. Co-Op is simply too easy and does little to prepare a captain for the meta in randoms.

I learned aiming and angling in Co-op, along with stuff like which shell to use when and manual torp drops. It doesn't teach how human opponents think and react, but it can teach a lot about how the game itself works. Would rather people go into randoms knowing how the game works than being 100% scrub IMO. 

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles

@TTK_Aegis This is exactly how I think of Co-Op, it is basically a practice mode. Don't know how to CV.... go to Co-Op. Don't know how to angle... go to Co-Op. Don't know tactics / situational awareness.... go to Randoms.

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,891 battles
17 minutes ago, Hagendansk said:

... actually I have noticed as well that the WoT 'unicum' mindset (be a jerk, let the team die for you, harvest whatever damage/kills you can get without taking any risks) is getting stronger in the WoWS as well... 

I did not know there is a 'WN8' in WoWS as well, but more and more players seem to be statspadding instead of actually fighting and having fun. 

You hit the nail right on the head with this one.  It truly has become a game where the individual cares more about their stats and themselves than working as a team.  I had one guy in a match last night who did nothing but stat shame people.  My simple response to that was "Go to a bard and use your stats to pick up women and see how far it gets you"

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
4 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

@TTK_Aegis This is exactly how I think of Co-Op, it is basically a practice mode. Don't know how to CV.... go to Co-Op. Don't know how to angle... go to Co-Op. Don't know tactics / situational awareness.... go to Randoms.

Yup. Aside from a few video creators with good info on things like when to push, when to cap, when to run, how to use island cover, when to smoke, etc... the only way to learn about how to /play/ the game is to go into randoms. 
There's a difference between learning the rules of a game and learning how to actually play it. I've run into a few people that don't see the distinction. 

[CAST]
Members
1,159 posts
7,185 battles

I saw a few games where players either moved to the outer edges and camped, or just sat in the base and camped.  I saw one particular game in standard mode where we had 5 BBs camped in our base.  I died in my DD about 8 minutes into the game, so I observed as a spectator for a bit.  Several of the 5 BBs camped out in the base sat there without firing a single shot for minutes between salvos at times.  They would wait for enemy ships to come into range or for the enemy to move from behind obstructions rather than move to a better location to provide a better firing solution for themselves.  Often it was just 1 ship at a time engaging multiple enemies, because the others there wouldn't move to help.  I thought one of the ships was afk because he never moved or fired a shot for 3 minutes.  Then a ship came into his view at a range of about 16km and he shot at it.  There were several ships within 10km in the other direction behind an island, but he would have to move to engage them, so he didn't.  Once all the other ships died and the enemy started focusing on his ship, he actually moved.  The game ended when he died and he had less than 100XP.  Several of our ships had less than 200XP at the end of the game.  I did not have a great game in my DD, because all the ships dodged my torps and there were no caps to capture, plus there were no DDs to engage in my area.  As bad as I did, I still managed to place in the top 6 in scoring.  That's a bad game and an example of how camping doesn't work.

Alpha Tester
2,727 posts
4,339 battles

This is pretty much a dead horse...

So long as combat is ranged and [avatar] can come to a complete stop and/or go in reverse, there will be passivity in some form in combat.

[YORHA]
Members
3,253 posts
27 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

You hit the nail right on the head with this one.  It truly has become a game where the individual cares more about their stats and themselves than working as a team.  I had one guy in a match last night who did nothing but stat shame people.  My simple response to that was "Go to a bard and use your stats to pick up women and see how far it gets you"

1v1w7a.jpg

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles
53 minutes ago, Hagendansk said:

Oh yeah.....they are trying to get XVM working here, too, when they do it'll be just as toxic as WoT.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
1 hour ago, Hagendansk said:

13% survival rate suicider in his recent 100+ games with an average xp in the toilet having the audacity to blame losses on the players who last longer than ten minutes. Where have I seen this scenario play out before? Oh yeah, every day. That's one hell of a blind spot you got there buddy. 

Here's a clue. Stop sabotaging your team mates by yolo suiciding and they won't be forced into the mindset of "Well this is a loss, time to play more defensively and farm damage to at least make my credits back." 

You act like the unicum players are the problem when you are. It would be different if you were even just an average player but you're not, at least not lately. Put on your big boy pants and take personal accountability instead of pointing fingers at people with much higher win rates than you. Because winning is a team objective and because their win rates are so much higher than yours, they are being much better team mates than you are regardless of how much you think they aren't. 

Edited by VGLance
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
26 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

1v1w7a.jpg

LOL!

B2 or not B2.  Is it nobler to camp in the corner of the map or to yolo into the enemy?

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
57 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I'm all for working as a team.  OTOH, I absolutely will NOT follow some fool who thinks that yolo charging into the enemy is the smart thing to do because it's "aggressive"!!! I will NOT play in a way that would make me the second ship to die, right behind the fool's ship.  If he wants to complain that no one supported him, bleep him.  I feel absolutely no compunction to support yoloing idiots!!!

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,253 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

LOL!

B2 or not B2.  Is it nobler to camp in the corner of the map or to yolo into the enemy?

If you were to Yolo, then t'were best done quickly!

Out, out damned kamikaze! 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this