You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Explosions hurt

10 comments in this topic

[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,733 battles

OK, I know that everyone likes the new bigabadabigboom upgrade from the last patch.  The gunfire and explosions are amazing, but the one at the end when you die is making it so I don't want to play.  It's giving me a sharp pain like a mimi migraine when my ship gets killed.  Is there a way to tone that down? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

I hated them at first but I'm getting over it. They are growing on my a bit, do wish WG would turn them down a bit but whatever.

[KFL]
Members
689 posts
5,345 battles

Damaging my eye balls. But there was a good portion of us that didn't really like it when pts was out as indictated in a pts post.

Edited by pck3

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

At least it's not the old ear-piercing noise we used to have for for heavily damage that genuinely hurt peoples ears.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles

I use gaming glasses. Really does help with reducing eye strain/fatigue associated with staring at computer screens for hours (they also work well for non-gaming purposes). Just have to get used to the yellow tinting.

But while the new effects don't give me problems, it'd be nice if WG did add the option to tone them down/turn it off, for the ones affected by it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
56 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

OK, I know that everyone likes the new bigabadabigboom upgrade from the last patch.  The gunfire and explosions are amazing, but the one at the end when you die is making it so I don't want to play.  It's giving me a sharp pain like a mimi migraine when my ship gets killed.  Is there a way to tone that down? 

You may be sitting too close to your computer screen.

just a thought

[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,733 battles
8 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Turn your speakers down?

Headphones, and the volume is all ready low.  I need to hear my div mates so its at the lowest I really can set it.

8 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Turn down brightness on the monitor? Lower volume? 

...sink less? :Smile-_tongue:

My settings were just fine before they added the bigger boom and visuals, I really dont want to set them darker then it will effect the rest of the game. 

As for sink less, im working on it.

7 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

At least it's not the old ear-piercing noise we used to have for for heavily damage that genuinely hurt peoples ears.

True dat!

7 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

I use gaming glasses. Really does help with reducing eye strain/fatigue associated with staring at computer screens for hours (they also work well for non-gaming purposes). Just have to get used to the yellow tinting.

But while the new effects don't give me problems, it'd be nice if WG did add the option to tone them down/turn it off, for the ones affected by it.

I am not having eye strain, I'm having a problem with the moment I die in a eyeball burning ear banging type of way.  I just want to not be shocked at my demise.

7 hours ago, Umikami said:

You may be sitting too close to your computer screen.

just a thought

Thanks, but that is not my problem, thanks.

So, dose anyone have a solution?