WidochMeirker

Disable new firing and explosion graphics

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to disable the new firing and explosion effects without the rest of the game looking like crap?  These new effects to me are just really irritating and cartoonish.  I can't seem to find a way to get rid of just the new ones.

Getting destroyed sounding like you have been Detonated is kinda annoying.

To my knowledge, you can't. 

I think it's a good idea to at least have the option to change it back for whatever reason you have.

Edited by Wulfgarn

I've heard it argues that you can't (and won't be allowed to in mods) because doing so would cause a difference in visibility between players who do mod it out and those who don't. 

Personally I think they're fine. Especially like the torp hit splash. 

1 hour ago, WidochMeirker said:

Does anyone know how to disable the new firing and explosion effects without the rest of the game looking like crap?  These new effects to me are just really irritating and cartoonish.  I can't seem to find a way to get rid of just the new ones.

Actually the gun flashes are pretty right on.

glry_005.gif

No, There Great. I have been on a cruiser firing her guns and that's exactly what it look's like.:Smile_honoring:

Just now, Raven114 said:

No, There Great. I have been on a cruiser firing her guns and that's exactly what it look's like.:Smile_honoring:

Yea I have to agree they are very close. I saw the Iowa Class when Ronnie brought them back so these new graphics are like so darn awesome!

All good, I've figured it out.  Back to blessed goodness.  I really don't care if someone else likes them.  Read the original post, I don't care for them and was looking for a way to turn them off. 

How did you manage to turn them off?  I've been trying to do that because I find them very annoying as they block my view of the target I'm shooting at.

27 minutes ago, ksgeezer said:

How did you manage to turn them off?  I've been trying to do that because I find them very annoying as they block my view of the target I'm shooting at.

At a guess they turned the graphics down.

I disagree with the muzzle flash, but the ships blowing up everytime they sink DOES get annoying.... the ONLY time a ship should catastrophically blow up, is either a magazine detonation, and an explosion that is the result of a massive fire. For the former, even the whole ship isnt engulfed in flames. Look at the HMS Barham or USS Arizona footage, even when a magazine detonates, the rest of the ship is still left intact or is not engulfed in flames. Ships, particularly BBs do not explode from torpedo hits, they are simply too well sub divided for that to happen.

Many of us have been asking for this effects blowout for ages, perhaps some things here and there need a tone down such as the ships detonations but the torp hits, misses, muzzle flashes and smoke clouds are all actually fairly accurate as of to how it would look. Someone put a picture of an Iowa class firing somewhere in this thread, take a look at that and you'll see what I and many others here mean. Also, on a flat note buddy, World of Warships is not a full realistic game. If it was, Battleships would curb the game. Just a little note.

Hey

I think the recent graphics changes are awesome; I really don't mind all of the final death blow explosions.  Wargaming hit it out of the park with this graphics upgrade!

Pete

On 9/1/2017 at 9:07 PM, ObamaTookMyCat said:

I disagree with the muzzle flash, but the ships blowing up everytime they sink DOES get annoying.... the ONLY time a ship should catastrophically blow up, is either a magazine detonation, and an explosion that is the result of a massive fire. For the former, even the whole ship isnt engulfed in flames. Look at the HMS Barham or USS Arizona footage, even when a magazine detonates, the rest of the ship is still left intact or is not engulfed in flames. Ships, particularly BBs do not explode from torpedo hits, they are simply too well sub divided for that to happen.

its just a game meant for us to have fun with.for what we pay to play this game i think we all should be happy they care enough to make this game as great as it is.ive seen similat games that dont even come close to this one. play and have fun