Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kurozuki

Auxiliary Armament Mod or Main Armaments Mod for BBs?

6 comments in this topic

[NX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
22 posts
3,909 battles

Going down the British BB line, I find that after receiving a few HE volleys, most if not all of my 40mm Pom-Poms and 20mm Oerlikon are knocked out and basically losing most of my AA power. (I can only presume what happened to the AA gun crews. :cap_fainting:) I find them especially more vulnerable for whatever reason, the 40mm Bofors and IJN 25mm don't seem nearly as vulnerable. Whatever the case, that got me wondering if the Auxiliary Armaments Mod 1 would be worth it over the main battery mod for some battleships, but since I've basically always used the main battery mod for all my battleships, I'd like to know if it's worth the switch over. 

So far from my guess is that you'd want it for the most battleships, but the torpedo armed ones (like Tirpitz and the Scharnhorst class) would like that 50% health that main battery mod gives.

Edit: On a side note, would running Preventative Maintenance basically allow you to pick Auxiliary mod without sacrificing main battery durability? Not sure what the math is on that with WOWS descriptions which tend to be quite confusing at times.

[SYN]
Members
14,345 posts
10,218 battles

BB turrets rarely get perma knocked out these days, so I run AAM1.

However, RNBBs seem to feature flat turret faces, so this may mean their turrets are squishier.

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,201 battles

I killed (completely) a KGV turret with Nelson yesterday, so they can be disabled. I don't see this often. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,542 posts
13,992 battles

For British Battleships, I use MAM1 because my Conqueror and Nelson builds do not bother with AA, Secondary skills whatsoever.  The focus is on main battery, concealment, survival.

Members
2,274 posts
7,301 battles

I run AAM1 on most of my BBs. Is hard for a BB lose its main battery, but its very easy to lose secundaries and AA guns. 

[TASH]
Members
4,989 posts
7,875 battles

Incoming fire against BBs will knock your AA and secondary guns out, even if you're running AUXAM1, and there's little you can do about it.  German BBs benefit the most since they have good secondaries that have more than paper for armor, but the USN is a close second since their AA guns are widely-dispersed across the ship and have above-average survivability.  Still, DCPM1 is a better choice for most BBs (excluding the IJN, because their DCP sucks) since it gives you a lot more active damage control time (14 seconds for IJN BBs, 28 for USN, and 21 for all others).

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Sign in to follow this