Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
reaper_swpz

So British battleships

10 comments in this topic

Members
949 posts
5,544 battles

I mean, I figured that WG just loves no skill HE spam given Zao, Moskva, DM, etc, but I didn't imagine this obsession went so far as to inspire them to create an entire battleship line to revolve around slinging HE.

This is hilarious. So they're basically glorified armored flamethrowers - err I mean cruisers - instead of actual battleships.  Given that they still have BB accuracy and reload, not very good ones at that. Maybe this is a way for WG to convince BB players that HE spam is cool - you can do it too, just roll a UK BB!

Thoughts?

Edited by reaper_swpz

[CUTER]
Members
673 posts
18,522 battles

I had fun with mine yesterday...but I am a potato who enjoys slinging HE.  For those of us who are cruiser mains, British BBs fit right along with our playstyle.  Heavy on the HE, and use AP when the enemy gets frustrated and turns or makes a mistake and is unaware of your AP about to rock his broadside.  Did it with my KGV to a Tirpitz last night, he quickly angled again after giving up 22k health from Penetration damage.  

Edited by KongoPride

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles

I think its a riot that a T10 BB has concealment levels nearing a DM and Khaba and is considered balanced.  That doesnt even address the "gets a new boat every time I heal" repair party.

I dont think the British BBs gave up enough for these things.

• Cool 1

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

HE rounds were super-effective in Ranked Season 7 when fired from the 12-gun battleships. It isn't a question of why you should be firing HE over AP, it's a question of whether it is worse the reduced damage upfront for additional suppression of AA emplacements and damage control.

The idea of fire support, pun intended has always been present in the game in the form of CVs coordinating with cruisers to apply unmitigated flooding. I did the same thing with my GK because at certain ranges the AP starts dramatically failing.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,679 battles

All the British battleships have allowed me to do is go on a nine game losing streak because I kept having to fight the same rank 1 player KGV/KGV/Hood division over and over and over again in my Queen Elizabeth.

This was neither fun nor engaging.

[JASH]
Members
385 posts
5,181 battles
3 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I think its a riot that a T10 BB has concealment levels nearing a DM and Khaba and is considered balanced.  That doesnt even address the "gets a new boat every time I heal" repair party.

I dont think the British BBs gave up enough for these things.

"gets a new boat per heal" comment is priceless.

Went in to ram someone in the Nelson, survived, and then replenished virtually all my health.  Cuz nanobots on HMS BBs.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,721 posts
4,522 battles
18 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

All the British battleships have allowed me to do is go on a nine game losing streak because I kept having to fight the same rank 1 player KGV/KGV/Hood division over and over and over again in my Queen Elizabeth.

This was neither fun nor engaging.

The colonization was real there mate. 

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

Why not? its a different play style BB.

Brit cruisers = AP

Brit BBs = HE

lulz

Sign in to follow this