You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Angel_of_a_Dead_Nation

Graf Zeppelin Exclusivity period

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
29 posts
4,297 battles

Alright, let me start off by laying down the guts for this discussion:
~This is about the decision by War Gaming on the Graf Zeppelin and nothing else.
~Do not even bring up anything regarding what could be a great name for sneakers made by Apple(as this topic was so beaten to the ground already)

So, I just got my ticket back trying to dig up some information regarding the post about the "Graf Zeppelin Situation Update"(reason why this is posted now). I got the most predictable and reasonable answer regarding it. "I'll pass it along to the devs"(Kind person who answered fast BTW). This brings me to the next best thing I could do, make others know and make it know to War Gaming that others think so as well.
I was kinda shocked by how many people just took the response by War Gaming about what they decided to do with the ship and with the people involved. I started to question if people really cared or just got caught up in some heated mass mob out for blood :Smile_izmena: or that they just didn't notice what was laid out.

I'll be honest. I did post before the update asking WG to be the adult and recognize the mistake and they did, +1 to you WG:cap_like:. But at the same time, I'm kinda shocked by step three in their decision. Three months exclusivity period for those who bought the GZ already. I take this as Two things: One is that WG wants to reward those who took the plunge and bought it (either knowing its status or unknowing)  and Two, WG will only shake hands if you have money in yours:Smile_coin:.
If many of you were as excited as I was, I think others should be as upset as I am for being told that since I thought I should hold on to my money until they address the issue, that I have to wait longer as a penalty. Lets just put it out there, to reward a part of your customers without ostracizing the rest of them in a case such as this, you need to provide something to those who bought it by providing compensation, fix the ship, and then release the dang ship:cap_win:. I believe that a better choice than the exclusivity period is to have special benefits to the custom camo over the standard or to provide Premium time to the early adopters for the duration of the testing and then some after that.

Just some Ideas why special stats should be applied to the custom camo:(first two are if camo is provided during/after testing while third are post finalization of ship)

-Faster captain xp gain so that they can try out new combinations with captain skills for the development and after
-More in game credits to encourage players to keep the ship and to keep playing out the test ship so that more feedback could be gathered.

-Makes them stand out for contributing to making the ship more favorable to everyone else.
-Easy to do because it just means adjusting values in the game

A few reasons why I think Premium for the early adopters should be the replacement for the exclusivity period would be: 

-Benefit to compensate for trouble during matches because the need to adjust and discover new techniques as new updates come out.
-A common reward from missions and events, so why not use a reward as a reward:cap_wander_2:
-Premium time does not affect other planes and affects only the one who receives it ( BIG ONE HERE )
-Doesn't make it look like the ones who closed their wallets get snubbed because they didn't throw their money blindly at a bad deal(at the time).

I just want to see what others think about this. I'm sure I'll be told to get over it by a few of you or some other negative things :cap_fainting:, but I just want others to discus it. The whole up in arms regarding the GZ issue was WG attitude to their own customers. I leave it to you. I hope that if enough people feel the same way, the word can get to the ones who make the decisions of a better resolution :cap_look:.  Sorry if I can't type and Thank you for your time :Smile_hiding:

TLDR: Troubled over being told to wait 3 months after GZ is finally fixed. wants others to know and their thoughts to replace decision.

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles

I think this 3 months grace period is going to conveniently coincide with the Christmas holiday and they're hoping for higher sales due to it. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ksix

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
58 minutes ago, Angel_of_a_Dead_Nation said:

I'll be honest. I did post before the update asking WG to be the adult and recognize the mistake and they did, +1 to you WG:cap_like:. But at the same time, I'm kinda shocked by step three in their decision. Three months exclusivity period for those who bought the GZ already. I take this as Two things: One is that WG wants to reward those who took the plunge and bought it (either knowing its status or unknowing)  and Two, WG will only shake hands if you have money in yours:Smile_coin:.

I bought it after having read the reviews, and decided I'd make my own opinion. The reviews were sour (grapes?) The only honest ("I don't know enough to recommend purchasing it") was LWM. Also one of the few to honestly engage in frank but fair disagreement. If WG is rewarding those who didn't fall for a teenage fanclub of youtubers, and bought the Graf Zep in spite of the abuse hurled at all who defied the pitchfork bearing mob, good for them. (In fact, I think WG is sensibly making use of early adopters to play test on the live server tweaks to GZ mechanics, the reward is their promised camo and many long months of exclusivity after testing and changes are complete)

The rest of your comment is basically a desperate but highly enjoyable moan, having refused dessert, now comes back down stairs and complains of hunger.

Read WGs announcement on this matter, the 3 month grace period has not begun yet, it begins after fresh testing and adjustments are finished. So GZ will perhaps be back on sale next year, (next summer?) Frankly I hope unchanged (too much), I and others are having a great time in it, in both pve and pvp, and benefiting so far, from a solid WR and a generous MM band.

Members
241 posts
11 battles

I don't like the exclusive period either.

Would rather have +100% XP on that camo,

Edited by Helmut__Kohl

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

It has to get past testing phase before the exclusion starts and sadly from what I am seeing the product wasn't so much unfinished as it was and is the subject of a three way feud on what it should be. This feud is visible now on the forums (see any resent GZ topic) as the people that bought her are now in the mix. This feud could take months to resolve.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
Just now, GreyFox78659 said:

It has to get past testing phase before the exclusion starts and sadly from what I am seeing the product wasn't so much unfinished as it was and is the subject of a three way feud on what it should be. This feud is visible now on the forums (see any resent GZ topic) as the people that bought her are now in the mix. This feud could take months to resolve.

Oh years and years :cap_happy:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Oh years and years :cap_happy:

Sadly true that is why I am for locking out those people from GZ development. We know what we want.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles

From the fb page set up for this.

Greetings!

This group is created for Graf Zeppelin owners, who want to participate in testing and balancing process. It is also open to all players who are interested in our work to make the Graf enjoyable and viable for everyone.

Here are the points you should know. Please read carefully:

1. All current Graf Zeppelin owners will be credited a special copy of Graf Zeppelin, that will be used as a test vehicle. We expect several testing stages with different approaches and ideas. Once the ship is balanced and ready for release, that copy will be removed. 
2. To encourage playing the test Zeppelin, we will be adding several in-game missions for it.
3. All current Graf Zeppelin owners will receive an in-game invitation to the test, and will have chance to accept or decline it. Those who accept it will be receiving in-game surveys throughout the whole testing and balancing period, so they can share their feedback on every change. Estimated time of invitation: this week.
4. This group will be used for news and discussion on the topic. We will share our ideas, some details like stats and survey results here. We will also watch the comments and participate in discussion when possible.
5. Communication in this group and in surveys will be English language only. This will allow quicker dialogue between all players and developers, with better reaction time. Please excuse any possible inconvenience. To create a productive environment, we kindly ask you to be polite to each other. We reserve the right to react to inappropriate behavior.
6. The refund option for GZ will be available until the very end of the process. It can be done by following these links:

EU - https://eu.wargaming.net/support/tickets
NA - https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets
ASIA - https://asia.wargaming.net/support/tickets

Click "Submit" > World of Warships > Billing Support > Type "Refund" > Click "Problem Not Solved" > Click "refund" in "Help Topics: Billing

7. After the ship is ready, we will have a notification about the deadline for the refund option and all participants will be able to have their final test runs to determine whether they want to keep the ship. Then, it will not be sold for at least 3 months, and for this period Graf Zeppelin will be exclusive to its current owners.
8. All players who decided to keep Graf Zeppelin will receive a custom permanent camouflage for the ship. The design will be determined together with the participants of this group.
9. All updates will be shared here. We recommend following the group so you won’t miss anything important.

Thank you for your participation!

-----------------
Underlined and in bold for the OP.

Beta Testers
29 posts
4,297 battles
3 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

The above wouldn't be fair if I didn't add the fb link https://www.facebook.com/wowsgraf/

You can join and follow the fun, whether or not you own a GZ.

Grammatically, only the ST, CC, and early adopters can participate while the rest of us can only read/reply the posts as the follow fun. I see no benefit for anyone in a reason for this besides saving an employee an annoying task moderating on another group and figuring out if they had bought it or not. 

If this post was purely a bemoan of complaints( though I am complaining about WG stance), I wouldn't have placed any suggestions to replace the initial decision that could benefit both sides. If you believe those of us who think this as childish, you are free to believe what ever you want. I Do Not believe buying it was a bad decision(as this is yours to make)  but rather this as a poor decision on WG that only benefits one part of a crowd rather than both sides. 

I don't see why an opinion that would benefit both groups would be first thought of as childish, but thats good enough for you, sure.  If you can think up of a better way to replace the waiting period or if you think that it is exactly what early adopters should receive please post that. I would rather that Early adopters be rewarded for buying the ship and I am not asking to strip any rewards that can benefit them. My opinion is just to replace the exclusivity period with something that all players can have more use of. Support for a great ship(soon to be greater), players enjoying themselves,  and WG slapping each other with wads of money.

This post is a discussion not a fight. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles
33 minutes ago, Angel_of_a_Dead_Nation said:

Grammatically, only the ST, CC, and early adopters can participate while the rest of us can only read/reply the posts as the follow fun. I see no benefit for anyone in a reason for this besides saving an employee an annoying task moderating on another group and figuring out if they had bought it or not. 

If this post was purely a bemoan of complaints( though I am complaining about WG stance), I wouldn't have placed any suggestions to replace the initial decision that could benefit both sides. If you believe those of us who think this as childish, you are free to believe what ever you want. I Do Not believe buying it was a bad decision(as this is yours to make)  but rather this as a poor decision on WG that only benefits one part of a crowd rather than both sides. 

I don't see why an opinion that would benefit both groups would be first thought of as childish, but thats good enough for you, sure.  If you can think up of a better way to replace the waiting period or if you think that it is exactly what early adopters should receive please post that. I would rather that Early adopters be rewarded for buying the ship and I am not asking to strip any rewards that can benefit them. My opinion is just to replace the exclusivity period with something that all players can have more use of. Support for a great ship(soon to be greater), players enjoying themselves,  and WG slapping each other with wads of money.

This post is a discussion not a fight. 

Sincere apologies if I came across a being an arrogant twerp (or whatever else). What do I think honestly about making it available again? My personal view from in game experience in random battles (I have no idea for other gameplay modes), is that the GZ is ready now! Match after match yields good results for me and my team/ It is too early to be sure about my WR, but currently 60% with the GZ. I expect it will fall as the battle count rises, but not below a healthy 50-55% post 200 battles.

So IMHO scrap the testing, reintroduce the GZ to the premium ship, stuff the CCs (well, not all..), and let's get on with the game.. Buying it has been the best purchase decision I have made since Saipan. And it is proving to be as good if not better.

Let other people like yourself take the plunge, better, let them take it for a spin before confirming purchase (as in WOT).

But the problem is not the GZ, but the marketing, which has been trashed. WG cannot make decent revenue out of the GZ in both a back to school time of year and after such a savage online bashing. It has to repackage the goods./ which is why Xmas/New Year sound like good occasions for a rerelease. In the meantime, those that have already bought it can spend their time proving it is worth the investment, and so help rebuild its rep (WG should be paying me for this flattery...).

All this for some pretty pixels. What a world.

In the meantime, the definitely well respected CV Kaga is on sale in the ingame premium shop for 7500 doublons, while the equally liked Saipan is available as usual.

• Cool 1