Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
joshua011

Is the Warspite worth it anymore?

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[-FV-]
Members
97 posts
831 battles

Now the Queen Elizabeth is out, is the Warspite worth it anymore? What's the difference between them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

Bet you never thought you'd recommend Warspite because she has faster turret traverse.

Before arizona i almost bought it. Later i got it in santa but didnot play much. When played it is fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
Just now, USSRichardNixon said:

Before arizona i almost bought it. Later i got it in santa but didnot play much. When played it is fun 

 

Yeah I pulled it from a crate too. Always wanted the ship but as with most T6 boats the price didn't seem worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[AR]
[AR]
Members
313 posts
11,653 battles

I got the Warspite from a Santa $5 box.

 

Now comparing her to the Queen, Spite only has better turret traverse, better turning radius and I think better rudder shift time. Finally, better conceal.

 

The Queen has better secondaries, insane aa for a t6 BB, more HE and AP dmg, more HP and more range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,760 battles

Warspite also has nice long range Secondaries that were pain in the neck to deal with last Ranked Season if the ship was secondary spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,443 posts
3,413 battles
6 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

The Queen has better secondaries

 

Warspite has 1km more secondary range, better secondary arcs, and better secondary accuracy; remnants of a time when BB secondaries were a bit more accurate than they are currently (w/o Manual Secondaries).

 

QE has better AA.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,977
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
6 minutes ago, Aiser50 said:

I got the Warspite from a Santa $5 box.

 

Now comparing her to the Queen, Spite only has better turret traverse, better turning radius and I think better rudder shift time. Finally, better conceal.

 

The Queen has better secondaries, insane aa for a t6 BB, more HE and AP dmg, more HP and more range.

QE most definitely doesn't have better secondaries. What's better is her AA, HE, fire chance, and MG range.

 

While similar, they're very different ships, and they don't play the same. Both are viable beasts.

 

Now, Iron Duke, on the other hand, without that HE, it's worthless.

 

So, to recap, QE and Spite aren't the same, both are beasts, and Duke is junkorama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132
[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,232 battles
13 hours ago, joshua011 said:

Now the Queen Elizabeth is out, is the Warspite worth it anymore? What's the difference between them?

The QE has her armour fixed... They still haven't fixed the Warspite. *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
494 posts
1,278 battles

Warspite is what we thought RN BBs would be. 

 

Instead we got oversized flamethrowers with no health or armor and anemic AP shells.

 

I'm not saying the ships are bad, but the are only good because of gimmick HE, heal, and concealment. Take away any of those and it all falls apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,380 posts
10,248 battles

has someone done the testing to see if QE retains the anemic AP shells from Hood, or does QE get the better AP shells from Warspite?

Last I remember, Hood had shorter fuses on its AP shells, which caused it to have poor penetration against BB belts, but less overpen against cruisers, while Warspite had a longer fuse that allowed it to punch right through belts of any thickness.

Edited by MrDeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,244
[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

Well premium ships will usually be flat out better than their tech tree counterparts. Sometimes marginally (Tirpitz and Bismarck, some people migh say vice versa but they're pratically the same) and sometimes substaintially (Murmansk and Omaha).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
383 posts
5,433 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

has someone done the testing to see if QE retains the anemic AP shells from Hood, or does QE get the better AP shells from Warspite?

Last I remember, Hood had shorter fuses on its AP shells, which caused it to have poor penetration against BB belts, but less overpen against cruisers, while Warspite had a longer fuse that allowed it to punch right through belts of any thickness.

 

QE has main line fuzes which are the short fuzes that Hood also gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,943
[SYN]
Members
14,380 posts
10,248 battles
18 minutes ago, Raigir said:

 

QE has main line fuzes which are the short fuzes that Hood also gets.

ah, so it will be good against cruisers and not much more, gotcha.

Fire HE all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Warspite's a premium, and you can use it to help train captains in anything RN.  That's the one thing QE can't do, unless you like retraining, I guess.

 

I realize that some of you have zillions in elite captain xp sitting there, but, I'm not there yet, and I'm sure lots of other people aren't as well.

 

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[-BMV-]
Members
1,187 posts
5,553 battles
54 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

The QE has her armour fixed... They still haven't fixed the Warspite. *sigh*

What exactly is wrong with Warspites armor? I've played 286 battles in her so far and it seems workable to me. Great? Not by a long shot but perfectly workable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
15 hours ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

Bet you never thought you'd recommend Warspite because she has faster turret traverse.

The sun shines on a horse's a*s every once in a while =).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[DRACS]
Members
3,365 posts

Warspite has over QE:

- Better secondary range

- Better AP

- Better turning circle

- Better turret traverse

- More accurate guns (2.0 sigma)

- 60 second reload Damage Control Party

 

Most people consider Warspite better than QE. QE's advantage is slightly better AA and better HE. Trust me when I say that Warspite is still very strong as a premium BB. Much more so, tier for tier, than Hood.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132
[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,232 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

"Warspite for faster turret traverse."

 

For veteran players, did you ever expect to see that? :Smile_teethhappy:

Never lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132
[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,232 battles
2 hours ago, AquaSquirrel said:

What exactly is wrong with Warspites armor? I've played 286 battles in her so far and it seems workable to me. Great? Not by a long shot but perfectly workable.

The Warspite sits about a metre too high out of the water. Compare the 2 in game, then watch the Jingles review where it is easy to tell that it originally sat correctly, then they pulled a bait and nerf.

Edited by _cthulhu_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[RS]
Members
371 posts
13,062 battles

with a low number of games for comparison I hesitate to post but will state the following,

Having played them both I vote for the Warspite. It just seems to handle better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×