You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Luke_Lippens

World of Warships on PS4

19 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
404 posts
21,895 battles

I can kinda see it might work IF there is a chatpad support,  but otherwise,  wg might add controller support for pc long b4 the support for consoles,  if ever.... 

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,269 battles

Unfortunately, we do not have any information on if WoWS is coming to console, either PS4 and/or Xbox. All we can recommend is to keep checking the news portal for any future announcements. At this point, all we can ask is that you continue to be patient and enjoy playing on PC.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Members
238 posts
3,512 battles

I would love to play this on PS4 as long as I could use my account from PC.

• Cool 1

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,871 battles
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

If is does come to consoles it will be a brand new WoWs just like WoT was. The PC version runs off WGs servers directly. The Console version has to go through either Sony's or Microsoft's online gaming networks and their servers before they hit the WoT servers. So, someone on Xbox Live will have a slightly different response time than someone on a PC. 

WoT is currently 4 different games - WoT PC, WoT Blitz and WoT Xbox and WoT Playstation in terms of gameplay. The only cross-platform they have it Blitz and Xbox (for 360 and One consoles).  

1,266 posts
13 battles
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Definitely. I think it would be pretty interesting to see how it would work on a PS4 or an Xbox One. 

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,302 posts
681 battles

If the WoT Console team is put in charge of it, you don't want it coming to console.  All you'll end up with is reskinned tech tree ships being sold in [edited], overpriced bundles.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I feel like if they decide to "see where the game goes" by axing CVs then it might head to console.

CVs is where the mouse / keyboard setup is mostly required. Unless CVs are rebalanced for max 4 squadrons. (ABXY for planes, D-pad for ship, triggers as mouse buttons).

A non-CV version would potentially work. Don't plan on playing WoWS Blitz, but if that's a non-CV iteration of the game; that's the version Most Likely to be ported. 

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
On 9/29/2017 at 5:31 PM, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

hopefully never

I both hate and do not understand this attitude.  Do you oppose the growth of WoWS?  Or just other people being able to enjoy a game we've had for years?  You realize they hired a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM to work on the console versions,  right?  So its not going to take away from the development of the game.  So is it just that you don't want other people playing with your toys?

As for keys,  I play a game that allows easy access to sixteen hot keys at once,  with an additional thirty two within easy reach.  This isn't even going into the other keys that said other game have that WoWS wouldn't use so things like precise aiming could always be set to the shoulder keys.

As for playerbase,  who the !@#$ cares?  Are you THAT insecure about something like win rate that you don't want other people to have fun?  I mean looking at the forums,  I already know the answer to that but its so asinine and childish that its always hard for me to accept.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
10 minutes ago, Palladia said:

I both hate and do not understand this attitude.  Do you oppose the growth of WoWS?  Or just other people being able to enjoy a game we've had for years?  You realize they hired a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM to work on the console versions,  right?  So its not going to take away from the development of the game.  So is it just that you don't want other people playing with your toys?

As for keys,  I play a game that allows easy access to sixteen hot keys at once,  with an additional thirty two within easy reach.  This isn't even going into the other keys that said other game have that WoWS wouldn't use so things like precise aiming could always be set to the shoulder keys.

As for playerbase,  who the !@#$ cares?  Are you THAT insecure about something like win rate that you don't want other people to have fun?  I mean looking at the forums,  I already know the answer to that but its so asinine and childish that its always hard for me to accept.

Don't mind him specifically. He's probably still looking for the 6-Fingered Man. 

As for that idea in general... it's a "PC Master Race" thing, and those of that verity don't like the "poisoning / dilution" of the player base with Console Players. 

At some point hopefully they'll grow out of it. I did at the very least, went from PC gamer to Console Gamer, then when SC2 wasn't released simply became "a Gamer"

Members
121 posts
1,519 battles

With how much WG has screwed the corgi on porting this to Macs, I think putting this on a console would be hellishly buggy...