Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Changes to in-game interface indicators

6 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts

One of the adjustments made in the 0.6.10 update was to the indicators that appear on screen when your ship is detected. As an aesthetic adjustment this isn't a huge deal, provided that it doesn't cause confusion. The symbol that is now used to show that a ship has been radar detected (see image), looks awfully similar to the symbol used when detected under Radio Position Finding (RPF). I haven't played a match today in which someone on the red team was running RPF, but would be interested in hearing from the community whether they look the same. 

Relatedly, it would be helpful if WG included alt-text on images in the Game Updates. They mention four types of indicators (sea, air, radar, hydro) but only show three symbols. The air one is easy to figure out, but the radar/hydro symbols could be a toss up.

New interface appearance.png

Members
416 posts
41 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Hydro and Radar share the same symbol.

That's odd. My memory is a bit fuzzy, so I'm not sure if that was the case before or not. Any idea what the white arrow/white circles one shown in the screenshot is for? 

Members
4,750 posts
5,482 battles
7 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

That's odd. My memory is a bit fuzzy, so I'm not sure if that was the case before or not. Any idea what the white arrow/white circles one shown in the screenshot is for? 

Hydro and Radar have always shared the same detected symbol.

The white arrow and circles are indicating that you've been located by RPF.

[INTEL]
Members
8,463 posts
25,360 battles

Hydro and radar should not share the same symbol. I hoped they would update that.

That said, I really like the new symbols. Much clearer. 

Members
416 posts

That's weird that they would show the RPF symbol when they only talked about spotting by planes, radar, and hydro. I looked at it and thought that they were repurposing the RPF indicator for something else.

Sign in to follow this