Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Now THAT was fun even if we lost - the St Louis

4 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,802 battles

Started a random game with 5 (yes 5) BBs, 4 cruisers, and 2 dds.  Our 2 dds got taken out early so we were in big trouble.  I've played this old girl a lot, so I know here strengths.

I've been playing a lot of the Tier 4-5 IJN and USN dds plus some of the faster Russian and USN cruisers so something came over me and I started playing this old girl like a fast cruiser/dd

Suicide, right?  Heck no!  HE raining down, darting (well not darting but lumbering) around islands, generally making a pain in the [edited] of myself.  I even captured a CAP if you can believe it!

I ended up being the last man standing and all 3 ships that were left had been hurt by me so they wanted me dead BAD so I didn't stand a chance.

That was a lot of fun.  Sometimes playing a ship unpredictably gives the other team fits.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Fantastic!

Sometimes the best matches are those lower tier games.  I like to put a Sierra Mike flag on the St. Louis to give her that surprise speed boost.  Great ship. Sounds like a great match.

[DBM]
Members
345 posts
3,802 battles

Never thought about a Sierra Mike flag for the St Lo.  I probably won't because the SM flag is too valuable for the dds.

[CVA16]
Members
2,169 posts
9,616 battles
14 hours ago, AMajor said:

Never thought about a Sierra Mike flag for the St Lo.  I probably won't because the SM flag is too valuable for the dds.

Yeah, it gives a percent boost so slow ships are slightly faster, but not really enough to do much with. No ability to outrun or run down other ships that you couldn't have done without it. Save those flags for faster ships.

Sign in to follow this