You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

WOWS window changing from active to background, W10

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles

So, we replaced the hard drives in the PC and I'm back playing. I have noticed something weird lately. In battle the WOWs screen will go from active to background and I can't control the ship anymore. I have to wiggle the mouse around to get it back over the WOWs screen and click it to make WOWs the active screen again.

I have turned off ALL notifications, thinking that was the problem, but that didn't fix the issue. I made sure sticky keys was off to make sure that is not the problem. I have closed all other windows except WOWs, but the problem is still happening. 

Any W10 gurus have an idea what might be interrupting WOWs when I'm in a battle please?

I don't think it is happening in port as I have not noticed the screen changing without my input.

Here are the specs for the PC.

Win 10 Pro, version 1703

I7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

12 GB RAM

No touch or pen input on PC

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

using two monitors, with WOWs on main monitor

• Cool 1

[ATTS]
Members
37 posts
4,221 battles

No solution, but confirmation... I run my gaming PC on Windows 7, and after one of the recent patches WoWS has started to move to the background or switch from full screen to windowed mode quite often, did not do that before (on the same system). 

In my case the reason is usually that I use my function keys to change the volume or something like that, and WoWS reacts as if I had alt-tabbed... 

But sometimes it happens 'just cuz reasons'.

WoT has started to do the same crap recently, WoWP not so much.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
22 hours ago, Hagendansk said:

No solution, but confirmation... I run my gaming PC on Windows 7, and after one of the recent patches WoWS has started to move to the background or switch from full screen to windowed mode quite often, did not do that before (on the same system). 

In my case the reason is usually that I use my function keys to change the volume or something like that, and WoWS reacts as if I had alt-tabbed... 

But sometimes it happens 'just cuz reasons'.

WoT has started to do the same crap recently, WoWP not so much.

Thank you for the confirmation. Alt-tabbing is like what it is doing. I did notice during my last game that my Nvidia panel was coming up. So now I'll check background apps and remove them one at a time until I figure out which one is not playing nice.

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles

Nope, turned off everything and the WOWs game keeps dropping as the active screen. What I thought was the Nvidia panel coming up, was right clicking on the desktop when the screen changed from active to background. I have had it happen once in port and once on the loading screen and from 1 to 10 times during a match. I am getting tired of this error. I enabled replays again and I am going to open an tkt.

For anyone else with the same problem, my tkt # is 1128582

Edited by Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles

We kept working at it. It didn't matter that all notifications were off or that WoWs was the only program running.

When WoWs installed, it defaulted to windowed mode. They had me change it to full screen after patch 6.10.1 and that fixed the problem. It would still bounce out in windowed mode in 6.10.1, but fullscreen worked.  Weird.