Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

Trying different classes.

32 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles

First off, I am a member of the AARP. Not a gaming clan either. I am trying all the classes to try and understand their play and which fits me. I am never going to be a great player but enjoy the game and have enjoyed it more since trying this. DDs are out of the question. It is like driving a tick and everyone want to squash you. Too much excitement. Cruisers are enjoyable but 1 wrong move and you are hiding to survive not getting killed with your next mistake. BBs are my favorite, but I am currently playing Cvs and I am liking it a lot. Adds more of a strategy to the game IMO. first you have to scout, try and keep the enemy spotted. I enjoy this the most because one of my biggest [edited] in the game while playing was I could not see the enemy. Secondly, destroy or try and destroy the enemy's plane before they can do damage to our teams. Then try and weaken or create a weak side strong point for our team to exploit. Much strategy on a game wide scale. I am currently not using the auto drop. I try and direct my planes to hit both sides of the enemy ship at once. Real enjoyable. If you have not tried it, please do. I know there will be some who say, wait until the higher levels. I say if so, the scouting and spotting still plays a major role in this game. 

Edited by Buzzardsluck
  • Cool 2

Members
6,616 posts
25,218 battles

Always trying and playing all classes types helps you understand and see their weaknesses to exploit.

I play everything but CVs (which I played and disliked). DDs are my main (I am also on the AARP team).

I do find DDs the most fun.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 10:43 PM, Crucis said:

Ship TYPES!!!!  Not classes.  Jeez.

Sorry. Yes I now know the difference but will probably make the mistake again. 

[USCC2]
Members
3,411 posts
19 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Sorry. Yes I now know the difference but will probably make the mistake again. 

Everyone knows what you mean lol. It's WGs 'game' and they call them classes too, so refering to what WG themselves call a class, in their game, is somewhat understandable. :Smile_honoring:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Everyone knows what you mean lol. It's WGs 'game' and they call them classes too, so refering to what WG themselves call a class, in their game, is somewhat understandable. :Smile_honoring:

"Everyone knows what you mean" is NOT a valid excuse for ignorance.

And I've spoken (in a PM) to WG about this issue too, and the person said that it's something that he'd bring to the attention of other devs. 

I'm right on this issue.  It's people like you who perpetuate this ignorance by refusing to learn from their mistake when it's pointed out to them.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I play all ship types across tiers III-X(except CVs which I stay VI and above because I don't like not having manual drop).

It provides variety and helps me improve in the classes at the various tiers. On the flip side, it does mean I don't get really super good at any one class and tier. But I'd rather have variety than be a unicum in one ship.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,411 posts
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

And I've spoken (in a PM) to WG about this issue too, and the person said that it's something that he'd bring to the attention of other devs. 

I'm right on this issue.  It's people like you who perpetuate this ignorance by refusing to learn from their mistake when it's pointed out to them.

Yes ok Crucis, it's at the top of my list of things to remember.

A flogging for all who fail to remember should be sufficient to change their ways!

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

I play all ship types across tiers III-X(except CVs which I stay VI and above because I don't like not having manual drop).

It provides variety and helps me improve in the classes at the various tiers. On the flip side, it does mean I don't get really super good at any one class and tier. But I'd rather have variety than be a unicum in one ship.

I'm pretty much the same as you on this, Junkie.  I play all four types because I like variety.  Also, IMO, it really helps one learn the strengths and weaknesses of all types and classes.  Can one learn that without playing them?  Sure, but my experience is that one will learn those strengths and weaknesses better by playing the ships rather than just reading about their pros and cons.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yes ok Crucis, it's at the top of my list of things to remember.

A flogging for all who fail to remember should be sufficient to change their ways!

Flogging went out of style on navy ships more than a century ago.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Does whacking their mouse hand with a wet noodle count?  

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,411 posts
11 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

You said class - Crucis, flog this individual! :Smile_izmena:

[USCC2]
Members
3,411 posts
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Flogging went out of style on navy ships more than a century ago.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Does whacking their mouse hand with a wet noodle count?  

It will do! :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

Edit: Wait a minute! What do you mean when you say 'wet noodle', want to make sure I know what you are 'really' talking about! :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I'll say class because everyone knows what I mean when I say it. :cap_haloween:

#notmyViceAdmiral

Edited by Junkieturtle
  • Cool 1

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm pretty much the same as you on this, Junkie.  I play all four types because I like variety.  Also, IMO, it really helps one learn the strengths and weaknesses of all types and classes.  Can one learn that without playing them?  Sure, but my experience is that one will learn those strengths and weaknesses better by playing the ships rather than just reading about their pros and cons.

Yep yep exactly. Another thing I forgot to mention in my post was it lets me see all the different maps and modes spread across the tiers.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
27 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

You said class - Crucis, flog this individual! :Smile_izmena:

Ah, but Wave, he used "type" and "class" in the correct manner!  No wet noodle flogging for Junkie!

In fact, I think that I'll give him a +1!  :Smile_great:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
14 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

Yep yep exactly. Another thing I forgot to mention in my post was it lets me see all the different maps and modes spread across the tiers.

Not only "see" them, but see how all those different ships might play all those maps.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,411 posts
52 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Ah, but Wave, he used "type" and "class" in the correct manner!  No wet noodle flogging for Junkie!

In fact, I think that I'll give him a +1!  :Smile_great:

Did he? Guess he's one of the lucky few that won't have to face your wet noodle! :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles

Crucis making a mountain out of a mole hill. News at 11.

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,153 posts
7,146 battles

Playing all ship types helps you learn their strengths and weaknesses.  It will help you no matter what ship you play most in.

Members
17,672 posts
5,084 battles
On 30/08/2017 at 10:43 PM, Crucis said:

Ship TYPES!!!!  Not classes.  Jeez.

I play all different classes, some of each type. :Smile_hiding:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I play all different classes, some of each type. :Smile_hiding:

You funny. 

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
7 hours ago, Crucis said:

Take a pill. it is you who is acting ignorant.

Edited by Buzzardsluck

Members
210 posts
2,630 battles

Everybody has their favorite type, but it's important, I think, to play a bit of the other types as well, for a better understanding of the game. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
3 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Take a pill. it is you who is acting ignorant.

Oh really?  What is it that I'm ignorant about here?  I think you have no clue what "ignorant" means... meaning that you're ignorant of its meaning.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,124 posts
3,867 battles

Nothing wrong with trying all four types. I generally recommend getting to at least tier 5 in each line of each nation-- Which I know I'm not at currently, but I am at t5+ in most lines.

if nothing else it gives you a good idea of what the other types try to do so you can play with and against them more easily.

Sign in to follow this