You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Long Wait Times

43 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

T4 and T5 are pretty much unplayable tonight with excessive queue times. Got free ships, can't use free ships. The countdowns show like 180 BBs and 7 cruisers, 3 DDs etc. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

This is a good thing really. Imagine throwing a party and nobody came...

However I think you're getting at server limitations, perhaps data pipeline restrictions relating to traffic? 

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles

Thats what happens when the most anticipated ship line is dropped. 

Some of us have been waiting for RN BBs since the game launched. 

For what its worth, I'm not contributing to the que times (yet ;)  ). Silly university classes are interfering with it...

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

It's the stupid MM preventing All BB games. Or madhouse games with a team with 10 BBs and 2 DDs against a team with 12 BBs.

One of the dumber mechanics.

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I wonder what OP says when/if he goes out on Black Friday

Not stupid enough to do that

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
14 minutes ago, MajorHavoc said:

Guess you never waited for a raid group in [other game] for hours.

Also, this is inaccurate.
The problem isn't the players. In that case, it's filling out.
In this, that the MM isn't letting people through.

It could just go, here's 24 players. GO.
Here's 2 CVs, match them, and oh, 22 Battleships.

There's  no need for the MM to line up teams the way it does, unlike filling out a raid group. Only Carriers carry enough weight to NEED to be matched.
A team can perform absolutely adequately without Cruisers or Destroyers.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
1 minute ago, KalishniKat said:

Not stupid enough to do that

yet you're stupid enough to try and play a new ship line on the day of release..  :cap_yes:

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
1 minute ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

yet you're stupid enough to try and play a new ship line on the day of release..  :cap_yes:

It's not just the BB queue that's [edited], it's everyone's is janked, which is stupid because it's not a lack of players.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

It's not just upper tiers. I played a tier 1 game to test out the new gun flashes, waited forever to get in game and when I got in, game started almost immediately. I think it is WG servers and not us. Same crap that went on on July 4th. Wouldn't be surprised to get a "Server Overloaded" message like we did back then.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts
1 minute ago, Deputy276 said:

It's not just upper tiers. I played a tier 1 game to test out the new gun flashes, waited forever to get in game and when I got in, game started almost immediately. I think it is WG servers and not us. Same crap that went on on July 4th. Wouldn't be surprised to get a "Server Overloaded" message like we did back then.

T1 is not that populated so it's very common to have a long wait.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

T1 is not that populated so it's very common to have a long wait.

What??? I usually get in tier 1 PvE IMMEDIATELY. Are you playing on the US server???? They fill in vacancies with bots so there should BE NO wait.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts
2 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

What??? I usually get in tier 1 PvE IMMEDIATELY. Are you playing on the US server???? They fill in vacancies with bots so there should BE NO wait.

Ah you didnt specify so I figured PVP. Yeah PVE T1 should be 30 seconds max like all other PVE matches.

[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles

Wouldn't know about the delays; grinding through the last few xp of my KM 19 point captain in Prinz Eugen. Played three games this morning before work, all I saw was a Conqueror, and a Monarch. Guess the mobs haven't fxp'd that high yet. Probably by tonight when I get home.

Members
2,274 posts
7,318 battles

This happens every time a new line is added to the game. Wait a few days and the MM will go back to normal. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,580 posts
4,948 battles

This happens whenever a ship line drops. Play a different class and you will jump right in. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,685 posts
15,193 battles

New line of ships, same phenom every time...Took my RN BBs out in Co-op to test drive, played 1 game in Random in Iron Duke, did well in her first outing with a Dreadnought award and a win, Had enough Free XP accumulated to zoom through to Queen Elizabeth and King George V and enough credits and Free XP left over to fully upgrade all except KGV, for which I shall have to grind some Free XP to get the B hull, FC and engine upgrades. I like what I have seen so far. They will be a challenge to play well. Some folks will complain about them being OP but their comparatively low health pool compared to other BBs at the same tier make them prime AP targets at all tiers. I don't intend to grind the T8-9-10 RN paper BBs, let the hardcore folks do that. Too much of a history buff, this old guy is...

Calling it a night for the simple reason that I had to uninstall the game from C drive (the defaullt install location) and then re-install it on my D drive due to drive space limitations on my C drive which caused Windows 10 to crash the game due to the reserved swap file buffer size required in Windows. Took three hours to re-install, which killed my daytime playtime due to my unexpected irregular workload! Hey, I'm retired, after all! Check my posts on the crash and install problems in various threads if you are having trouble with the upgrade installing and running properly on your machines. Most of the problems the folks have had seem to be similar to mine.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,501 battles

I'd take longer wait times if I didn't have to fight ships 2 tiers higher most of the time in my Cruiser..once in a while ok but 8 out of 10 games .. nope 

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

3 minute wait times makes it unplayable?  I shudder to think of how ill-prepared a person could be in life if they lack patience to such an extreme, not to mention the emotional fragility to have to post about it.  I like the added queue times, gives me a couple minutes to toss the laundry in the dryer or fold my wife's never-ending supply of yoga pants (you know, to score points for the upcoming football season).  It's funny, you pull one out and the legs are intertwined in another, so you pull that out and that's also intertwined in a third... like when those magicians pull out those string of flags all tied together.  Why on earth she needs 50 pairs of yoga pants... maybe to go with the 50 pairs of Manolo Blahniks and Louboutins in the closet. Silly girls... but I digress.

Seriously, if you can't handle a couple minutes wait, you should really take some time to reflect on that... because... wow.

• Cool 1