Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Port Surpise!

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

When I logged on today, I went strait to the tech tree to buy Bellerophon.

Only to discover that I already owned Iron Duke!  Not sure how I own that or why.  I didn't do the british ships campaign...

But Hey- thanks for the free ship WG!!!  Always a nice surprise.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,905 posts
12,441 battles
1 minute ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I didn't do the british ships campaign...

You did.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

You couldn't really opt out of the campaign and the first 3 missions were pretty easy.  You just completed while playing.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts
Just now, Lert said:

You did.

You got that for doing the Combat Mission?   I did do that, and won the Top Down flag.   I thought you had to do the Campaign to get the free ships?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,905 posts
12,441 battles
7 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

You got that for doing the Combat Mission?   I did do that, and won the Top Down flag.   I thought you had to do the Campaign to get the free ships?

No, just the combat missions, and only to stage three.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

Crap- I just looked, and I had it confused with the Yamamoto campaign.  Duhhh...   Somehow I thought there was a separate campaign you had to do...

Cool, one ship I won't have to pay for.   I have the 12 point captain that came with Hood, so I have a big jumpstart on British BB captains.  ( I forgot it was there! lol)   Would Hood benefit from DE, like the tree ships do, or is it more of a traditional AP spewing BB?  I haven't played it yet- too busy grinding other things.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
204 posts
5,279 battles
15 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Would Hood benefit from DE, like the tree ships do, or is it more of a traditional AP spewing BB?

Yea, it should be a good choice. British Battleships has to switch ammo type more like cruisers have to.
Unless the devs had decided to use the traditional ammo on the Hood. Not too sure

Edited by JB_24

Members
271 posts
9,430 battles

Wouldn't waste 3 skill points on gaining 2% fire chance on shells with a 40% base fire chance, personally. You may want EL if switching often, but it's probably best to just default to AP, and switch the occasional volley to HE.

Edited by cheereereerios

Sign in to follow this