Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

How do British BB's compare to other BB's per tier

29 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

How do British BB's compare per Tier. Pretty sure someone's already had the idea of ranking the battleships by Tier but it'd be nice to have an updated one seeing how many new BB's have just been added? 

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i think it's still too early to be ranking them. it's only day one, after all. give it a few weeks and people will have a better understanding of them, and will be able to rank them as they see fit. any rankings you see now will be a bit premature and highly opinionated.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

I will say that I place the tier 4 Orion only slightly above the Myogi, and below every other tier 4 BB in the game.  It's pretty bad at penetration damage, torpedo dodging, pretty much everything except lighting fires.  That it can do.  But that's about it.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

I'm ranking only tech tree ships not premium, I am probably wrong but it's just speculation.

T3: UK BB>KMS BB>IJN BB>USN BB

T4: Same order as T4

T5: KMS BB>UK BB>IJN BB> USN BB

I can't go any further than that because I haven't played each line, but I know that USN BBs are just... horrible.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
143 posts
6,555 battles
5 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

I'm ranking only tech tree ships not premium, I am probably wrong but it's just speculation.

I can't go any further than that because I haven't played each line, but I know that USN BBs are just... horrible.

Played all the lines, so probably IJN Kongo BB> KMS Konig BB> UK Iron Duke BB> USN New York BB

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles

Hey

I can only speak to the Iron Duke, but it fails in comparison to the Konig.  And I think the Kongo is better in many aspects to the Iron Duke as well.  I haven't run New York, so I can't comment on it.

Pete 

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
Just now, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I can only speak to the Iron Duke, but it fails in comparison to the Konig.  And I think the Kongo is better in many aspects to the Iron Duke as well.  I haven't run New York, so I can't comment on it.

Pete 

Guess I know what T5 to shoot for. It's cheaper anyway so great.  

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

If Iron Duke isn't worth shooting for I've probably gotten my last British BB and am going to be climbing German/American trees from now on. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,156 posts
1,652 battles
33 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

LOL.  Myogi better than Wyoming.  No, just no.  Myogi almost made me quit the game.   Wyoming was great, never felt I was at a disadvantage against any Tier V BB.

• Cool 1

Members
377 posts
44 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

LOL.  Myogi better than Wyoming.  No, just no.  Myogi almost made me quit the game.   Wyoming was great, never felt I was at a disadvantage against any Tier V BB.

I've not started the British line yet, but the Wyoming is the best in that tier range, it handles damage well, very maneuverable, and packs a wallop with that broadside. 

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

I had better experiences in my Myogi than the Wyoming, I said I could be wrong, it was just my preferences.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts

Had free xp saved up, got both King George V and Monarch. They're the same ship -hull and gun caliber- but Monarch has one less gun and a different turret setup. They have lackluster AP, in my opinion, that doesn't do enough or consistent damage, even against cruisers. Luckly though, the HE is more consistent and in my case, more damaging. Facing other BB's of the same tier with their 381mm guns with AP loaded is frustrating since they have a hard time penning anything. If you fire HE, you'll find that you'll do at least 6k damage (with most of your shells impacting due to its low dispersion) to other battleships at mid to close range if you aim correctly. Of course, mid to close range is where you'll be fighting other ships at since the base range of the guns is 16.5km and upgraded is 18.1km. Definitely need to use the Spotter Aircraft. So first REALLY NOTICEABLE  impressions so far:

The bad:

-Weak main Armament for their tiers (even at tier VII)

-Lackluster AP

-Low health pool compared to other equivalent BB's

-Poor range 

The good:

-Nice repair

-Low shell dispersion

-Great HE shells

-Better Concealment  

Definitely offers a different playstyle compared to other battleships. 

Edited by InfiniteSubset3
Forgot a "con"

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,156 posts
1,652 battles
7 hours ago, InfiniteSubset3 said:

Had free xp saved up, got both King George V and Monarch. They're the same ship -hull and gun caliber- but Monarch has one less gun and a different turret setup. They have lackluster AP, in my opinion, that doesn't do enough or consistent damage, even against cruisers. Luckly though, the HE is more consistent and in my case, more damaging. Facing other BB's of the same tier with their 381mm guns with AP loaded is frustrating since they have a hard time penning anything. If you fire HE, you'll find that you'll do at least 6k damage (with most of your shells impacting due to its low dispersion) to other battleships at mid to close range if you aim correctly. Of course, mid to close range is where you'll be fighting other ships at since the base range of the guns is 16.5km and upgraded is 18.1km. Definitely need to use the Spotter Aircraft. So first REALLY NOTICEABLE  impressions so far:

The bad:

-Weak main Armament for their tiers (even at tier VII)

-Lackluster AP

-Low health pool compared to other equivalent BB's 

The good:

-Nice repair

-Low shell dispersion

-Great HE shells

-Better Concealment  

Definitely offers a different playstyle compared to other battleships. 

KGV has 14" guns.  Monarch has 15" guns.

[DACO]
Members
174 posts
9,287 battles

I had too XP through the Queen Elizabeth.  She is a Warspite during beta days, SLOW as hell, SLOW as hell turrets and SLOW as hell in everything. After 2 games, I spent $20 on gold so I could buy the dam XP.

The King George is fantastic in the sense she plays like a Scharnhorst.  

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,601 battles

I think the KGV soaks up too much damage, or at least doesn't have a sufficient repair part for it.. It's like the nelson you can smack it at every angle.. I think for it's less powerful primary guns it should have at least 32mm bow..  IMO

It's defiantly a different play style.. I can't go charging around, but you cant have a ship that has lower strength weapons and gets whacks like it's no ones business...  For a ship that is supposed to have some of the best armor in reality play out with some of the weakest armor and gets hurt by everything.. it's not that great of a ship. 

The QE is pointless of a ship.. I really don't get why they didn't go with Revenge. It had more armor and would have kept with the idea of heavy armor and good guns at T6 opposed to QE which is the Warspite prebuff. Hopefully we'll see revenge later on. 

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts
17 hours ago, FayFay731 said:

T3: KMS BB> UNS BB>UK BB>IJN BB

T4: USN BB>KMS BB>UK BB>IJN BB

T5: KMS BB>IJN BB>UK BB>USN BB

Fixed that for ya ;)

Members
2 posts
On 8/31/2017 at 6:46 AM, Helstrem said:

KGV has 14" guns.  Monarch has 15" guns.

You're right, my bad. Anyway though, they still feel a little lacking at those tiers. At least in my opinion. The Tirpitz and Bismarck may have just a hair smaller guns, but German AP makes up for it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,449 posts
10,186 battles
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, FayFay731 said:

I am only to T5 as well. I would rank them slightly different than you..,.

T3 = Bellerophon( guns suck but rest is vastly superior ) / Nassau / South Carolina / Kawachi ( would rate lower if I could )

T4 = Orion / Wyoming / Kaiser / Myogi ( would rate lower if I could )

T5 = Konig / Iron Duke / Kongo / New York ( I actually like it better than Kongo but Kongo's speed gives it the edge in ratings )

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF4]
Members
173 posts
1,280 battles

My opinion up to tier 7 from either playing the ships or getting walloped by them.

3: RN>KM>US>JP Winner: Bellerophon 

4: US>KM>JP>RN Winner: Wyoming

5: KM>JP>US>RN Winner: Konig

6: JP>US=KM>RN Winner: Fuso

7: KM>RN>JP>US Winner: The Sisters

My personal opinion is that by them selves the British Battleships are not the greatest but when they play with their team they are a nightmare and extremely annoying especially to German battleships since all you want to do is get in and brawl and with them trowing HE onto you as well as the cruisers you've got to be sneaky or your just a floating funeral pyre. Poor American BBs have to be careful aswell since they don't have the speed to run away.

Edited by Kunra_1
Grammer

[SOA]
Alpha Tester
557 posts
2,489 battles

Only considering tech tree ships (with the exception of Texas because it's basically a direct clone of New York and it's terrible)...

3) Bellerophon > Nassau >>>>>>>>>>> South Carolina = Kawachi. Power creep is evident here.

4) Orion > Kaiser > Wyoming >>> Myogi. More power creep. Myogi was always terrible, but Wyoming has really suffered compared to newer ships.

5) Kongo > König = Iron Duke  >>>>>>>>>>> New York/Texas. Kongo's speed is why it eeks out the win over His Majesty's and Seine Majestät's offerings. It suffers the least when uptiered because it's fast enough to keep up with the rest of the fleet. Poor New York and her sister Texas are completely irrelevant now; not even Texas' gimmick AA is enough to redeem it.

6) Everything else >>> New Mexico. Generally well balanced BB tier; only NewMex really seems lackluster, owing to its lousy dispersion, and not really having any advantage over the others to compensate for it. All the others are solid.

7) Everything else > Colorado. Tier 7 is where BB really come into their own, in my opinion, and all of them are solid. Even Colorado is a decent ship, it's just too slow to really be competitive, especially when uptiered.

8) Balance! All solid ships with advantages and disadvantages to help them stand out, though perhaps Monarch is the least unique and flavorful of the bunch. Note that this is literally the only tier where USN is on par with everybody else.

9) Lion > FDG = Iowa > Izumo.  Yet more power creep!

10) Yamato > Conq > GK > Montana. Yamato bucks the powercreep trend by virtue of its LOLPEN guns and sheer tankiness, but Montana does not.

Noticing a trend here? Except for North Carolina, all the USN battleships have pretty much been powercreeped to death, and IJN comes out ahead only at tiers 5 and 10.

--Helms

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles

Yamato is the easiest tier 10 BB to citadel, bar none, and its speed/maneuverability (+turret traverse) is trash. Its probably the weakest tier 10 bb on its own and the most helpless in randoms basically a dedicated support bb. Conq is definitely the current meta with that crazy heal and its stupidly powerful HE. Its citadel is also under water making it immune to anything but plunging fire or barbette pens. If it lands most of a salvo its a guaranteed 2-3 fires and a big chunk of damage. The British BBs are also the best at vaporizing cruisers/dds thanks in no small part to that HE damage.

I'll work on the American line more soon but I loved my Izumo and its poor reputation is completely undeserved. Laser guns and super tanky bow on plus great secondaries. Just based on my experience on the other side of the fence i'd not of traded it for an Iowa.

Edited by ksix

Members
1,498 posts
7,423 battles
23 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Only considering tech tree ships (with the exception of Texas because it's basically a direct clone of New York and it's terrible)...

3) Bellerophon > Nassau >>>>>>>>>>> South Carolina = Kawachi. Power creep is evident here.

4) Orion > Kaiser > Wyoming >>> Myogi. More power creep. Myogi was always terrible, but Wyoming has really suffered compared to newer ships.

5) Kongo > König = Iron Duke  >>>>>>>>>>> New York/Texas. Kongo's speed is why it eeks out the win over His Majesty's and Seine Majestät's offerings. It suffers the least when uptiered because it's fast enough to keep up with the rest of the fleet. Poor New York and her sister Texas are completely irrelevant now; not even Texas' gimmick AA is enough to redeem it.

6) Everything else >>> New Mexico. Generally well balanced BB tier; only NewMex really seems lackluster, owing to its lousy dispersion, and not really having any advantage over the others to compensate for it. All the others are solid.

7) Everything else > Colorado. Tier 7 is where BB really come into their own, in my opinion, and all of them are solid. Even Colorado is a decent ship, it's just too slow to really be competitive, especially when uptiered.

8) Balance! All solid ships with advantages and disadvantages to help them stand out, though perhaps Monarch is the least unique and flavorful of the bunch. Note that this is literally the only tier where USN is on par with everybody else.

9) Lion > FDG = Iowa > Izumo.  Yet more power creep!

10) Yamato > Conq > GK > Montana. Yamato bucks the powercreep trend by virtue of its LOLPEN guns and sheer tankiness, but Montana does not.

Noticing a trend here? Except for North Carolina, all the USN battleships have pretty much been powercreeped to death, and IJN comes out ahead only at tiers 5 and 10.

--Helms

I agree with this summary.

Members
343 posts
20 battles

Conqueror  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Montana = Großer Kurfürst= Yamato

Members
139 posts
2,312 battles

I have to say that as a destroyer captain at all tiers, I love seeing British BBs on the opposing team.  That doesn't mean they're worse than other BBs, it's just that they're quite weak against destroyers. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

at least from t3-5,  RN BB is strong enough if you know how to play her .   I am using Iron Duke and have been bottom tiered every match.  still doing 72k avg .    all i do is HE spam.  :D

Sign in to follow this