You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_cthulhu_

Done with the muzzle flashes - how to turn them off

53 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles

*sigh* really... they get in the way and add nothing to playability

Is there a setting to remove them or bring them down a couple notches...

• Cool 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,938 posts
6,440 battles

nope sorry, you, me, everyone is stuck with them unless WG decides to go back to the old effects, which i hope never happens, because i LOVE the new effects, theyre more realistic and they dont bother the performance of my game

[KRK]
Members
1,076 posts
13,865 battles
4 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

This. 

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

How do they get in the way?

Its not like you have a high rate of fire or need an immediate follow up shot.

Its not like you are in a fast paced first person shooter, where every shot matters shooting at 800 rounds per minute.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

Most of the time you're firing in sniper mode and can't see the effects anyway. Unless you're not aiming in sniper mode, in which case we have something to discuss...

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles

You can see them in sniper mode

When brawl up close, 3rd person helps aim

With smoke and secondaries firing at close brawl range you cant see at times to aim.

There could be a setting something like high medium low off just like every other setting

Same with the huge splashes of water now... ships are sometimes lost... its silly

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

nope sorry, you, me, everyone is stuck with them unless WG decides to go back to the old effects, which i hope never happens, because i LOVE the new effects, theyre more realistic and they dont bother the performance of my game

Im not asking to take them away from people, just have a slider to adjust to personal taste

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
1 hour ago, _cthulhu_ said:

i like big fire balls, but they loook fake.

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,329 posts
10,376 battles

It sucks in close quarters combat, particularly if you zoom out a bit, as your own muzzle flashes hide the opponent.  Outside of that it especially looks amazing watching ships at a distance engage each other.  

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
Just now, Business6 said:

It sucks in close quarters combat, particularly if you zoom out a bit, as your own muzzle flashes hide the opponent.  Outside of that it especially looks amazing watching ships at a distance engage each other.  

Exactly that...

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
9 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

You can see them in sniper mode

When brawl up close, 3rd person helps aim

With smoke and secondaries firing at close brawl range you cant see at times to aim.

There could be a setting something like high medium low off just like every other setting

Same with the huge splashes of water now... ships are sometimes lost... its silly

Just did a game, No, no you don't see them in snipermode, except when the enemy does it, which is a huge give away for salvo out-- and they're visible at 20 km. Which is good for Battleship to Battleship combat.

At close enough to warrant 3rd person aiming, you're not going to lose sight of the target unless you have poor eyesight and [edited] computer. In which case, Bring Back High Tier USN Beta Camo.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
2 minutes ago, ChineseSailBy said:

i like big fire balls, but they loook fake.

I am sure tons of people do, I was just hoping there was a "tone it down" setting

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
2 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

Just did a game, No, no you don't see them in snipermode, except when the enemy does it, which is a huge give away for salvo out-- and they're visible at 20 km. Which is good for Battleship to Battleship combat.

At close enough to warrant 3rd person aiming, you're not going to lose sight of the target unless you have poor eyesight and [edited] computer. In which case, Bring Back High Tier USN Beta Camo.

I had no problem seeing ships shooting before, so adding flashes doesnt matterr to me

Its when you get into a knife fight that it is problematic

Edited by _cthulhu_

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

ugg,   big guns shooting Vehicle sized projectiles make big flash.. Me no like ! last 2 seconds.. too long..  Must Complain.  reasons.

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
5 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

At least they dont seem to hurt performance.

That is a valid point, no fps loss for them

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,903 battles
51 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Most of the time you're firing in sniper mode and can't see the effects anyway. Unless you're not aiming in sniper mode, in which case we have something to discuss...

At below 5km, you can see them even in sights.  OP is also right in that, during brawling, it's often beneficial to use third-person since you can get your guns to depress a bit lower.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
5,805 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Cordite most certainly did NOT produce a bright, long lasting flame. For the most part it was a flameless explosion, not flashless.

The fires you see coming out of the guns are something that would come from gas....not from a gunflash.

IMO they are excessive and unwaranted and a bit on the cheesy side. Perhaps for a detonation it would be a good explosion but the current death explosion isnt to my liking for a normal death.

• Cool 4