You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

New graphic effects look fake

70 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
309 posts
9,733 battles

Gunfire looks fake, low res even. Ship explosions also look arcade-like. Past explosions look much more realistic. Also ships killed by sinking should not explode, just sink.

• Cool 6

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles

Well anyone have its own opinion. I am enjoying the new graphics effects and the new drum sounds.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,134 posts
9,224 battles

Yamato did not explode until she was capsized and sinking. The mushroom cloud from the explosion reached nearly 20,000 feet in the air.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
3,845 battles

I will somewhat agree with the OP BUT...I am happy to see the dev team still trying to tweak things and make improvements. 

• Cool 1

[KRK]
Members
1,077 posts
13,901 battles
16 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Gunfire looks fake, low res even. Ship explosions also look arcade-like. Past explosions look much more realistic. Also ships killed by sinking should not explode, just sink.

Agreed. Close to silly looking. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 3

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

it's a lot closer to realistic than it was. look up some videos of naval guns firing and compare them. you might change your mind.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,705 battles

They looka but fake but I have a pretty budget box.  They are probably more imersive with a better better video card

Members
2,418 posts
5,424 battles

I am in the camp of - I LOVE THEM EFX!!!!!!

I WANT MORE......WHAT can we expect in the FUTURE ??????

Rolling FOG banks ?

Cloud Cover ?

Cyclones with Waves?

What can YOU add ????

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles

Honestly, they look a bit different than they did on the PTS. They looked fine there, but now, they seem...I dunno, cartoonish. It's distracting in a negative way, in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I think they're fine. I like them more than the old ones. If anything, I would have the smoke linger for longer.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,757 posts
9,488 battles

They are an improvement, but they do need further work. That will probably happen behind the scenes as time goes on.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,768 posts
5,806 battles
2 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

it's a lot closer to realistic than it was. look up some videos of naval guns firing and compare them. you might change your mind.

Go on a real ship, firing REAL powder and not the stuff the US used for pic ops late in their BB's lives. You'll find the guns dont produce large quantities of rolling flames, just a quick flash. The current graphics are something you'd see from a gasoline fire.....and they look kinda cheesy.

BUT, I am happy they are working on the graphics, I would have preferred a detonation graphic....a rising fireball leading to a lasting mushroom cloud that slowly blows away in the wind after a minute or two.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Honestly, they look a bit different than they did on the PTS. They looked fine there, but now, they seem...I dunno, cartoonish. It's distracting in a negative way, in my opinion.

Agree with this. Looks too "Hollyweird". WG needs to have a box in the settings section that you can click for "Hollywood Effects". Many games in the past had it.

• Cool 1

[KRK]
Members
1,077 posts
13,901 battles
3 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Yep. The term I should have used originally is ... hokey. 

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
4 hours ago, Willy55_1955 said:

4 hours ago, BBsquid said:

I will somewhat agree with the OP BUT...I am happy to see the dev team still trying to tweak things and make improvements. 

I agree with these sentiments. 

[LEGIO]
Members
2,964 posts
5,370 battles
1 hour ago, UnseenSpectacle said:

Clearly this is an elaborate fake... playing computer games has taught me guns don't really act like that. :Smile_hiding:

Yeah the turrets are facing different directions, that's impossible according to WoWS!

Members
9,873 posts
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I like them and think theI are an improvement.

And some people don't....They look like overblown eyecandy, and WG should at least given players the option to turn them down. But WG says - "Options are not an option" :Smile_teethhappy:

Meanwhile lots of rage in game over all the bugs that seem to have popped up today. :cap_hmm:

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Think of it this way, now you have a better visual indicator of when the enemy has fired at you.

• Cool 1