You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abides

ARP random questions

14 comments in this topic

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Just to clarify, you can swap the captains in and out of premiums as well as any other ARP ship but not tech tree ships (all IJN of course) without paying the standard penalty for swapping captains correct?

You cannot put other camo on the arp ships, just flags. correct?

Does each captain have a different voice or are they all the same or incredibly similar?

Are any of them super famous? If you were to level one up ....does one have a Jon Snow like following in their world?

And lastly, I have a bunch of tier5 BB's and tier7 cruisers and several other captains on the bench. Am I missing some ships? Did I sell some at some point because the sell option does not exist if I right click on the ship.

Appreciate and scoop you may be able to provide on these captains.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles
15 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Just to clarify, you can swap the captains in and out of premiums as well as any other ARP ship but not tech tree ships (all IJN of course) without paying the standard penalty for swapping captains correct?

Correct, they swap out just like other premium ships.  They were recently changed to allow the use of standard IJN commanders in addition to the ARP commanders.

Also correct.  I suppose they might change this someday too, but it isn't a high priority.

Does each captain have a different voice or are they all the same or incredibly similar?

They are all quite different, tho some might not see it that way ...

Are any of them super famous? If you were to level one up ....does one have a Jon Snow like following in their world?

Ummm, I ... have no idea what you mean by this.

And lastly, I have a bunch of tier5 BB's and tier7 cruisers and several other captains on the bench. Am I missing some ships? Did I sell some at some point because the sell option does not exist if I right click on the ship.

Without seeing your port list I couldn't say if you missed any.  Here's a list of all the ARP ships...

ARP Kongō

ARP Haruna
ARP Kirishima
ARP Myoko
ARP Hiei
ARP Takao
ARP Ashigara
ARP Nachi
ARP Haguro

Edited by kerensky914
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,188 posts
4,771 battles

Yes, the Arpeggio ships are treated like premiums.  You can even move IJN captains into them without penalty. 

No camo.

If you move an Arpeggio captain to a standard ship, they keep their anime voices.  Standard captains in an Arpeggio ship have the voice you choose, or national.

• Cool 1

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles

To answer;

Correct

Correct

I believe you have to select some menu options to get the ARP captains voices but not sure on that one, however the ARP commanders do have different voice characteristics and lines for each one.

Chihaya Gunzo is the main protagonist of the series but Iona is the "mental model" of his ship and the second main protagonist.

IIRC there are 4 Myoko clones and 4 Kongo clones the last ship is the Takao and is a free version of Atago without the economic benefits.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
18 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

If you did the final ARP mission last Nov-Dec, you recieved extra 10 skill point ARP commanders. This was a last-chance fling for anyone who missed out on the earlier events. As a bonus, you received 3 extra commanders, (Gunzou, Iona, and Yotaro, (teddybear Kirishima) that didn't actually come with ships.

If you completed everything; you should have one complete set of ships, and two each of everyone of the ARP commanders except the bonus commanders.

Kongo, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima.

Myoko, Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi.

Takao

(ships x 1, commanders x2 if all events completed.)

Gunzou Chihiya, Iona, Yotaro, (teddybear Kirishima)

(commanders x1, no matching ships.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,477 posts
9,585 battles
9 minutes ago, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

Yes, the Arpeggio ships are treated like premiums.  You can even move IJN captains into them without penalty. 

No camo.

If you move an Arpeggio captain to a standard ship, they keep their anime voices.  Standard captains in an Arpeggio ship have the voice you choose, or national.

Oh man did not realize that. So you can train IJN Captains on ARP ships like regular premium ships. Wow that is a lot of daily win bonuses to stack

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

For following, Takao and Haruna seemed to be the most popular ones when we were talking about them before.  I personally like Kongo and Ashigara.  Ashigara annoyed the crap out of me at first, but her enthusiasm grew on me.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

Appreciate and scoop you may be able to provide on these captains.

1. They are, as of now, Premiums (IJN) without the other Premium perks.  Originally, they were their own Nation [They kind of still are as a note. Also, the HSF Ships are tied to this "nation" as well] .
2. Yep, no camos, so they are actually slightly worse than the sister ships [Tech Tree Kongo/Myoko at full; Atago]
3. They're all different, although Kirishima and Iona are the same V/O, with Kirishima (Bear) being the actual Kirishima.
4. They're all pretty hefty with the following. Gunzou is the main character, though-- so closest to your "Jon Snow" equivalency. You got Gunzou, Iona, and the Flag for the Crescendo event at the end of the ARP event.
5. All ARP Ships:

• Kongo  (Fog Fleet Attack Event, 1 point captain. If you have this version of Kongo, pat yourself on the back, you freaking monster.)
  • Myoko (Fog Fleet Attack, 4)
  • Haruna (Double Gravity Cannon event; 6 point captain.)
  • Kirishima (Double Gravity Cannon)
  • Haguro
  • Nachi
  • Ashigara
  • Hiei
  • Takao (Takao event; 10 Point Captain; "Poor Man's Atago")
  • I-401 (Not in game [Err, it is. It's broken- stats are busted, and its model is a kuma that has incorrect positioning data. The Icon is the Ars Nova- rendered straight from Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova, not the normal I-401, but Takao originally was red, even if she was added, that wouldn't mean crap. She never had a chance to be added and never does.] Tier XI Submarine, later Tier V~ Submarine; Gunzou and Iona are defaulted to be specialized in this ship. Arp Crescendo Event)

If you got Gunzou and the flag, you have all of the ARP ships. It is not possible to either sell the ship or dismiss the ARP captains.

Fun tidbit: In the early days of the closed Beta, there was also ARP Maya [another Atago]... IN SPACE. (Aka Space Cruiser Zaya) This of course, was the April Fool's day event that year-- the Space Battleship Yamato event.

Edited by AirshipCanon
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,188 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Oh man did not realize that. So you can train IJN Captains on ARP ships like regular premium ships. Wow that is a lot of daily win bonuses to stack

It's actually kinda funny moving Misaki Akeno from Highschool fleet into an Apreggio ship.  Feels really out of place. lol

[RLGN]
Members
8,297 posts
17,360 battles
7 minutes ago, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

It's actually kinda funny moving Misaki Akeno from Highschool fleet into an Apreggio ship.  Feels really out of place. lol

That would almost be normal... Try the teddybear (Kirishima) in Yamato for some really wild 'out of place.'

[DUDE_]
Members
2,604 posts
12,503 battles

Again thanks all for the responses, but have another really interesting question. My friend logged onto his account, on my computer and all of his ARP captains were male and dressed like normal IJN captains. Did he earn his ships in a different way or patch? Did he not do the necessary tasks to get the ARP female captains? Or is it just a setting somewhere? Thanks again.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
16 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Again thanks all for the responses, but have another really interesting question. My friend logged onto his account, on my computer and all of his ARP captains were male and dressed like normal IJN captains. Did he earn his ships in a different way or patch? Did he not do the necessary tasks to get the ARP female captains? Or is it just a setting somewhere? Thanks again.

OfabKJf.jpg

Click the eyeball.

• Cool 1