Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bronco

Conqueror (aka Mega-Zao) is FUN

45 comments in this topic

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

Here's my first two games in the Conqueror :)

FwZzLFe.jpg

iitnuVO.jpg

MCrMF0d.jpg

sgHwvcx.jpg

21 fires and a Witherer in the second game. Suffice to say, I'm having a lot of fun!

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

I have a 19 pt captain setup as a full AA/stealth build and in the second game, there was 5 DDs per side. Stealth does come in handy when dueling in the mid-range. But yes, these results are team dependent. 

[OPG]
Members
3,903 posts
5,503 battles

My first battle this patch a Mega Zao on the other team got a witherer in the first 6 minutes.  

[TYR]
Beta Testers
19 posts
6,310 battles

yay for he spamming QQBB. now making bb even more idiotproof (not aiming at you op just a general comment)

wargaming is already breaking their own game, maybe they should listen to the tester/contributor that mentioned that he/fire dmg were just too way too high

• Cool 3

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Are you sure you're not having fun because you're doing really well?

Edited by Elegant_Winter

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles

Its broken, has almost no cons plus the stupid heal and 48/63% fire chance so its a massive threat at any range/angle. People will catch on pretty quick. Hopefully the nerf hammer isn't far away after they've satisfied themselves with this blatant OP cash grab..

Edited by ksix

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
13 minutes ago, Sky_Cancer said:

yay for he spamming QQBB. now making bb even more idiotproof (not aiming at you op just a general comment)

wargaming is already breaking their own game, maybe they should listen to the tester/contributor that mentioned that he/fire dmg were just too way too high

Complains about fire damage.
Is named Sky Cancer.

Okay then. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
4 minutes ago, ksix said:

Its broken, has almost no cons plus the stupid heal and 48/63% fire chance so its a massive threat at any range/angle. People will catch on pretty quick. Hopefully the nerf hammer isn't far away after they've satisfied themselves with this blatant OP cash grab..

Is everything people don't like a cash grab? How is this a cash grab? Because some people /could/ free XP to it if they had enough lying around and wanted to spend money on it? I'm sorry but no, it's not a cash grab when the vast majority of people are just going to grind to it like normal. 

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
2 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Is everything people don't like a cash grab? How is this a cash grab? Because some people /could/ free XP to it if they had enough lying around and wanted to spend money on it? I'm sorry but no, it's not a cash grab when the vast majority of people are just going to grind to it like normal. 

No need to spend gold for free XP, I'm a bit of a hoarder. Had nearly a million in free XP and 2 million in commander XP. Started accumulating XP during the Clash of the Elements event. Haven't spent any since even though I took nearly a month off for vacation/work. I agree though, not too many cons with this puppy.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

No need to spend gold for free XP, I'm a bit of a hoarder. Had nearly a million in free XP and 2 million in commander XP. Started accumulating XP during the Clash of the Elements event. Haven't spent any since even though I took nearly a month off for vacation/work. I agree though, not too many cons with this puppy.

See even less of a cash grab. Pretty sure a lot of people have a big hoard lying around too that won't need to spend cash on it. 

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles
6 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Yea, no. You're delusional if you don't think most people are converting their way via gold to it. Its Wargamings single biggest profit intake.

[_K_]
Members
3,075 posts
6,491 battles
1 minute ago, ksix said:

Yea, no. You're delusional if you don't think most people are converting their way via gold to it. Its Wargamings single biggest profit intake.

Documentation required.

Since I already know that's not going to happen, I'm just going to go ahead and declare your statement invalid.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, ksix said:

If they want to spend loads of money supporting the game I enjoy that's fine. I'll take my time and enjoy each step like I normally do.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
5 minutes ago, ksix said:

I highly doubt that. Between the people that don't have the free XP even on ships, people who do have the free XP already so don't need to convert, the people who refuse to spend money on a game, and the people who /want/ to grind up the tree (that would be the group I'm in), I don't think there are seriously that many people throwing cash at WG to get to T10 quickly every time a new tree comes out. 

And yes, every time a tree comes out that's got a really good ship at T10, people call it a cash grab. Or when a popular premium comes out. Or when an OP premium comes out. Or when a free XP premiums comes out. Or when WG sneezes. Or on days that end in Y. 

Seriously, people use the cash grab stick all the flippin' time. It's worn out. 

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

If they want to spend loads of money supporting the game I enjoy that's fine. I'll take my time and enjoy each step like I normally do.

I don't have any problem with it either, I do it myself. What I find moronic is people who try to claim that a new release that has almost no cons and some pretty big unique strengths isn't factored into making money. Its literally saying powercreep doesn't exist. From WG? Don't make me laugh.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles

Totally Balanced.

Must complain about OP Russian Torpedos instead!

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

It does take away some of the "fun" from grinding a line but if I don't use it, what's the point of having "free" XP. I have 200+ million in credits so I could buy every ship of the line if I wanted too. If you play this game enough, it's not hard to stockpile a huge chunk of free XP over time. Also, thanks to WG for jump starting my line at the Iron Duke :)

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

It does take away some the "fun" from grinding a line but if I don't use it, what's the point of having "free" XP. I have 200+ million in credits so I could buy every ship of the line if I wanted too. If you play this game enough, it's not hard to stockpile a huge chunk of free XP over time. Also, thanks to WG for jump starting my line at the Iron Duke :)

How do you have so many credits and FXP from 3,500 battles of so?

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
7 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Flags from containers mainly. I don't have that many ships. I usually play only the ships I really enjoy playing like my Fiji, Minotaur, Kutz, Bismarck. So I usually don't spend much on ships. When I have a lot of free XP, I unlock most of the line so I save on purchasing the ships along the line. I free XPed to the Hindenburgh upon release, free XPed to the Fiji (then grinded my way to the Mino), free XPed to the GK and just did the same with the Conqueror :)

EDIT: Was very fortunate with a few super containers that provided me with 300 of the special flags (200 dragon flags, 100 777% free XP flags)

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
6 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

I'm wondering about this too.

Sign in to follow this