Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

New Pan Asia T6 Premium Cruiser coming the Huang He

65 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,129 battles

So She's a Perth but with one less gun, (but railguns), Turns a bit tighter and has a few hundred meters better concealment. We don't know her gimmick (of if she gets one yet.) 

I'll keep my eyes open... however I might just choose to keep playing my Perth instead.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,653 posts
9,964 battles

Mixed feelings on this one, it's not a huge surprise that they did the ship - the rumors of a Pan-Asian cruiser 'C'-something (Chung King sp.) pointed this way.

I suppose it's good that the Aurora - my display pic is her heraldry - is in the game, but bad that she's not Aurora. I was thinking of getting the ship and a skin, but after replacing the 6in and 4in turrets with Russian tech she's no longer really the same ship. Her model should be easy to 'revert' back to a British variant though.

On the plus side, a British cruiser with Russian guns is somewhat more interesting than just a British cruiser with different consumables (looking at you Perth).

Beta Testers
648 posts
14,263 battles

This ship is a fictional refit of "Chung King", that the "Chung King" was floated after sunk and refitted with Soviet weapons. In the pictures posted on Facebook, you can see it's using Russian turrets for both main and secondary guns. So the ship would be more like a Russian CL instead of a British one.

Why didn't WG go with the historical Chung King, but a fictional ship instead?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,653 posts
9,964 battles
12 minutes ago, Suzunami said:

Because if they improve the ship with Russian guns, then they can sell it for more per ship at T6 than at T5, and sell more of them as T6 matchmaking is a bit more attractive.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,578 posts
4,948 battles

So I am guessing they are trying to grow in the Asia markets.

i will not get her but the more ships in game there better.

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

Looks like WG is beginning that creep into the almost totally fictional warships realm that a lot of WOT is getting into.  I guess if you don't mind having hypothetical ships in the game, she'd be interesting, but the more the game begins to represent Laser Armed Scuba Hamsters vs Nuclear Parachute Toads, the less I'm going to enjoy it. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,035 posts
9,184 battles

hmmm..... Not sure I will be into the Pan Asian line but the more the merrier.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles
40 minutes ago, Suzunami said:

This ship is a fictional refit of "Chung King", that the "Chung King" was floated after sunk and refitted with Soviet weapons. In the pictures posted on Facebook, you can see it's using Russian turrets for both main and secondary guns. So the ship would be more like a Russian CL instead of a British one.

And Huang He was planned to be a salvage ship, not warship.

I am not sure if what I would feel playing this ship if I were Chinese... Wait. I am Chinese. Hm...

• Cool 1

[SC]
Members
252 posts
1,744 battles

Mixed feeling about this. I love that we're finally getting some cruiser love in Pan-Asia, but I would have preferred to see her with 3x3 130mm guns instead. She feels HEAVILY undergunned at T6 with only six 152mm rifles.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,396 posts
8 hours ago, Merlox said:

So She's a Perth but with one less gun, (but railguns), Turns a bit tighter and has a few hundred meters better concealment. We don't know her gimmick (of if she gets one yet.) 

She'll need some serious gimmicks to make 3x2 152mm work at T6. Even ignoring the outlier that is Cleveland, every other T6 CL has either 8 or 9 barrels work with while Huang He is getting only 6. Probably will have smoke and also heal, which is something neither of the HE-firing RN/Commonwealth premiums get.

At any rate a historically accurate Chung King at T5 would've been more appealing. Or even Ning Hai or HTMS Thonburi at lower tiers.

[FAE]
Members
2,116 posts
2,507 battles

I'd probably never buy a T5 cruiser until T5 MM gets better though.  =/ 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

they are smoking some good stuff trying to shoe-horn a t4 cruiser into t6.

Beta Testers
14 posts
3,069 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 5:04 PM, Suzunami said:

Historical Chung King is a...... politically-dicey issue.  A decidedly-communist incarnation is the softer option.

The ROCN actually contemplated, in case the ROCAF couldn't get the job done, to get Japan to restore the torpedo tubes of at least ex-Yukikaze and ex-Yoizuki to deal with the cruiser.  It would be amusing if WG does something with that......

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles

She's the right kind of ugly. Assuming that they don't do anything crazy with the price, I imagine that she'll be mine.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,973 posts
5,679 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 4:07 PM, DeliciousFart said:

Ah, one of those dinky little Arethusa-class cruisers for trade protection.

Hey, they're QT.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
1 hour ago, Big_Spud said:

Hey, they're QT.

You know, my Chinese heritage somewhat tempts me to acquire this thing. But, you know, tier 6 MM and some muffled noises about how much disposable income is available right now. And I think I just spent all of that on the Fletcher perma-camo.

*grumbles

Edited by DeliciousFart

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
On 31/08/2017 at 7:02 AM, Lord_Magus said:

She'll need some serious gimmicks to make 3x2 152mm work at T6. Even ignoring the outlier that is Cleveland, every other T6 CL has either 8 or 9 barrels work with while Huang He is getting only 6. Probably will have smoke and also heal, which is something neither of the HE-firing RN/Commonwealth premiums get.

At any rate a historically accurate Chung King at T5 would've been more appealing. Or even Ning Hai or HTMS Thonburi at lower tiers.

Damage con, Hydro, and DF currently.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,653 posts
9,964 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

It's a slight edge to get both Hydro and DF, like D'Aosta.

Smoke + Hydro >>> Hydro + DF > Hydro or DF.

Like they know it's inherently UP so set everything else to 11.

4 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

So they are releasing a cruiser premium when the line that is Inc is all DDs ok.

There are already 2 premium Pan-Asian DD's, so they're pretty well served. Especially compared to the German DD line...

Then again, one of the major issues to me with the Pan-Asian line is that it bounces between ship nations so much you need rather different captain skill builds (not an issue to WG, they can enjoy people spending doubloons on respecs). Expert Marksmen I'd say is needed on about half the line, but certainly not at the top. AFT's likely very good on Fushan/Anshan, but probably not worth taking on most of the rest. Torpedo Armament Expertise is variably useful (low tiers kinda suck there, high tiers take advantage). The calculus for Survivability Expert varies. Etc.

[VVV]
Members
2,396 posts
3 hours ago, Carl said:

Very underwhelming. This seems like she'll be quite underpowered and would be far better off as T5 Chung King even without the fantasy upgrade to Russian railguns. Those guns aren't enough to justify the uptier given that Budyonny has the same guns at the same tier, but 50% more of them.

Hydro and DFAA at the same time is a nice little thing to have on the side but it's not enough to change the fact that this looks like a blend of Budyonny and Leander...except weaker than the sum of its parts.

Sign in to follow this