You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YukonHunter

"Temporarily" remove ship class caps from MM

27 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles

Obviously most of the players are trying out the new BB line, so how about forcing everyone to wait upwards of 5 min for a handful of cruisers and DDs, why not simply let the BBs brawl it out? Itd get the ques shortened and things will settle down in a couple weeks anyway.

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,163 battles

So... completely lock out a large part of the playerbase simply because they don't want to play battleships?

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

It would involve an update. This would take a while, about a week or two. You can duke it out in Co-op with all bb's quite easily though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,114 posts
8,741 battles

I have been waiting for two to three minutes which isn't bad at all. People these days have no patience.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

I've only gotten instabattles with my cruisers and destroyers. This is awesome.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
11 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Obviously most of the players are trying out the new BB line, so how about forcing everyone to wait upwards of 5 min for a handful of cruisers and DDs, why not simply let the BBs brawl it out? Itd get the ques shortened and things will settle down in a couple weeks anyway.

There are limits on the number of BB's you can have in a match?

Must have happened since Tirp was released; there were certainly no limits on BB's then; had 12 BB to 12 BB matches.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
7 minutes ago, Nuk_ said:

So... completely lock out a large part of the playerbase simply because they don't want to play battleships?

Uuuhhh its not 'locking them out' its 'letting the people play what they want'.  While keeping something of a lid on having massive DD infestations of the game.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

There are limits on the number of BB's you can have in a match?

Must have happened since Tirp was released; there were certainly no limits on BB's then; had 12 BB to 12 BB matches.

Seems to be much different as theres on average 70+BBs on tap yet we are still seeing matches with 3,4,5 DDs aside. Typical nonsense DD infestation.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
Just now, YukonHunter said:

Seems to be much different as theres on average 70+BBs on tap yet we are still seeing matches with 3,4,5 DDs aside. Typical nonsense DD infestation.

When Tirp was released there were ques with 300+ BB's in them, and many matches with 12 BB's per side. It is amusing to find you complaining about 3, 4, or 5 DD's in a post YOU STARTED about allowing unlimited BB's per game. How delightfully ironic!

It does, however, support my claim that the DD is much stronger and more feared than the BB (and hence why most good players prefer DD play); does anyone fear, or complain, about 5 BB's in a game? No? Must not be dangerous then or someone would whine!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,163 battles
11 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

Uuuhhh its not 'locking them out' its 'letting the people play what they want'.  While keeping something of a lid on having massive DD infestations of the game.

Whoops, apologies. I heavily misread your post and thought you meant locking DDs and cruisers out completely.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,158 posts
9,613 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

I can see wanting to be a DD in a sea of BBs, not sure a cruiser would be as happy. Get spotted and it would be like Finding Nemo with all the gulls "Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine...."

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

not sure a cruiser would be as happy.

Just stay back and burn the dumb bastards. They're too busy shooting at all the shiny new battlesheeps.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Leave it to Lert to demonstrate what the seal clubbing stat padders are up to.

1 minute ago, Nuk_ said:

Whoops, apologies. I heavily misread your post and thought you meant locking DDs and cruisers out completely.

No worries; since WG doesn't release how MM actually works (because it would mean admitting that MM is very regularly rigged), it'd be an easy mistake to make.

Members
10,914 posts
2,566 battles
41 minutes ago, Lert said:

What... How? I always takes at least 10 seconds for me, and sometimes I'm not even guaranteed a battle with that many RN BBs.

[TF16B]
Members
8,023 posts
16,964 battles
59 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just stay back and burn the dumb bastards. They're too busy shooting at all the shiny new battlesheeps.

All the way over here in Oklahoma, I can hear the sound of a stalking cat laughing maniacally as he hits 'battle' in his destroyer or cruiser...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
22 minutes ago, Legendary_Typo said:

What... How? I always takes at least 10 seconds for me, and sometimes I'm not even guaranteed a battle with that many RN BBs.

Ok, ok, I might've exaggerated a little bit.

1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

All the way over here in Oklahoma, I can hear the sound of a stalking cat laughing maniacally as he hits 'battle' in his destroyer or cruiser...

aGOEMTj.gif

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Ok, ok, I might've exaggerated a little bit.

aGOEMTj.gif

Which merely proves the lack of skill required for either class.

[CVA16]
Members
2,158 posts
9,613 battles
1 hour ago, YukonHunter said:

Which merely proves the lack of skill required for either class.

Cruisers take a lot of skill, especially in a ocean full of BBs. You don't get punished for showing your side, you get deleted. DDs generally have it a bit easier with a target rich environment and way better concealment than their prey but they also have the problem of insta-deletion if spotted. I hear Nelson has ridiculous HE.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
29 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Cruisers take a lot of skill, especially in a ocean full of BBs. You don't get punished for showing your side, you get deleted. DDs generally have it a bit easier with a target rich environment and way better concealment than their prey but they also have the problem of insta-deletion if spotted. I hear Nelson has ridiculous HE.

Not really no. Most of them, aside of the Brits, simply hide in smoke and spam HE for nonsensical amounts of damage.

[CVA16]
Members
2,158 posts
9,613 battles
16 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Not really no. Most of them, aside of the Brits, simply hide in smoke and spam HE for nonsensical amounts of damage.

But the non-Brit cruisers have to rely on somebody else to provide the smoke. Except in ranked where everyone works for the team, a cruiser doesn't always have a convenient, cooperative DD around. Especially since WG loves making the IJN DDs choose between smoke and TRB. The new smoke nerfs will make smoking for the team less valuable (not useless, just less). If you only have one DD and one CA/CL on a team, you better be divisioned or you won't be doing much firing.

[CVA16]
Members
2,158 posts
9,613 battles
16 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

But the non-Brit cruisers have to rely on somebody else to provide the smoke. Except in ranked where everyone works for the team, a cruiser doesn't always have a convenient, cooperative DD around. Especially since WG loves making the IJN DDs choose between smoke and TRB. The new smoke nerfs will make smoking for the team less valuable (not useless, just less). If you only have one DD and one CA/CL on a team, you better be divisioned or you won't be doing much firing.

[O7]
[O7]
Members
286 posts
12,016 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 6:15 PM, YukonHunter said:

BBs are and always will be the most forgiving and easiest class in the game.. especially the noob friendly germans :P

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
On 9/1/2017 at 11:31 PM, Cruiser_kebobstuzov said:

BBs are and always will be the most forgiving and easiest class in the game.. especially the noob friendly germans :P

This from a professional statpadder that spams fire to pad stats and farm kills/damage certainly not earned by skill.  As usual, more [edited] from someone not wanting the XP pinatas touched.

[O7]
[O7]
Members
286 posts
12,016 battles
40 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

This from a professional statpadder that spams fire to pad stats and farm kills/damage certainly not earned by skill.  As usual, more [edited] from someone not wanting the XP pinatas touched.

Yukon I have played with you plenty.. You should know I play ALL classes and I play for the W..

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,607 battles
20 minutes ago, Cruiser_kebobstuzov said:

Yukon I have played with you plenty.. You should know I play ALL classes and I play for the W..

Yer Right, I have played a lot with you. You are a whiner, a pro statpadder, and one of the worst persons Ive ever had the misfortune of being in the same clan with; a key reason why i left ARP. Hence why I stand by what I said.

You are, in fact, cold hard proof for the adage - "The higher the stats, the worse the player".

Edited by YukonHunter