You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

New update crash

7 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

After lastest upgrade 0.6.10: game locked up when I got to port, had to reboot computer then got to port and it worked but got stuck at 3 seconds loading into game reboot computer , then stuck at loading into game reboot computer now after numerous tries IT WILL NOT LOAD INTO GAME !!reboot computer

the updates are not supposed to make the game unplayable 

[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,135 battles

It takes 45+ Gigs on your hard drive for the initial update install. If you are default installed to Drive C  and you don't have enough room on the drive (most of us with decent computers have a huge hard drive with several terabytes of memory partitioned into C and D drives) you may have a problem. In Windows 10 changing partition size is problematic. I uninstalled from my C drive after the game locked up as you described it three times and am reinstalling it on my D drive. In most Windows installations, the C drive is smaller and if you don't have enough drive memory space, the game cannot use Windows' reserved buffer space on C due to lack of free drive space to swap data in and out of live and hard drive space and it locks up, as far as I can tell. When my game reinstall is complete on my D drive, which is huge, I will post an update letting folks know if my solution works. This can be even worse for laptop users, as the internal drives come preconfigured on most computers, including standard workstation models. More later!

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,741 battles

Try running "Check and Repair" under Game Settings. It fixed my problem.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,683 posts
15,135 battles
2 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

It takes 45+ Gigs on your hard drive for the initial update install. If you are default installed to Drive C  and you don't have enough room on the drive (most of us with decent computers have a huge hard drive with several terabytes of memory partitioned into C and D drives) you may have a problem. In Windows 10 changing partition size is problematic. I uninstalled from my C drive after the game locked up as you described it three times and am reinstalling it on my D drive. In most Windows installations, the C drive is smaller and if you don't have enough drive memory space, the game cannot use Windows' reserved buffer space on C due to lack of free drive space to swap data in and out of live and hard drive space and it locks up, as far as I can tell. When my game reinstall is complete on my D drive, which is huge, I will post an update letting folks know if my solution works. This can be even worse for laptop users, as the internal drives come preconfigured on most computers, including standard workstation models. More later!

Ok. I was right in my analysis, at least for my computer setup. Despite having 145 Gigs unused memory on C afetr moving a lot of my personal stuff out of the image, document and download folders which are all on C by system definition, my Windows 10 buffer size definition impeded proper operation. I reinstalled on driev D and everything worked fine. With the new install all of you default defintions are reset to basic install so if you are using cistom aiming reticles or other options, reset them.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,498 battles

Ive freed up a lot of space on C drive and am reinstalling the game which will take some time

its a relitively new computer but was getting low on space , was about 30 GB and now is about 120 GB

will let yea know how it turns out