You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

How's everyone's Brit BB day going?

88 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
9,184 battles

Played one game before work. Was a lot of fun. Part of me wants to counter play in DD's but I will probably alternate between a BB game and a DD game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

About a half hour to go before I get off work, then my RN Fleet gets bigger and try them out.:cap_rambo:

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,093 battles
16 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

You people need to get a job......

rained today, so work got canceled!

[PLPTS]
Members
697 posts

I'm just polishing up some torpedo boats at the moment... I wanna see if the nooBBs will be online today with no clue how to do BBritish ships as usual...

It'll be a good day to harvest tears. :)

Thanks for asking though!

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,035 battles

Grinding Hatsu, played a quick game before work, hunted slow, stock Iron Dukes, fun ahead for f ya like to run DDs

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,863 battles

I always wait for the updated mods to play. I went in and checked my port out with my new BB's. It may be fun to be in a few mostly BB battles, but I think I hear my Destroyers begging to be let out for this week. Besides, I need the credits to outfit the new ships properly before blundering forth with them.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,641 battles

I have a 12 hour work day today.

So, yeah, like that.

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,090 battles
16 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I'm just polishing up some torpedo boats at the moment... I wanna see if the nooBBs will be online today with no clue how to do BBritish ships as usual...

It'll be a good day to harvest tears. :)

Thanks for asking though!

you dont have to worry. its kinda sad how a lot of objective games are just clusters of ships not even going to the objective, like chickens with their heads cut off, since everyone and their mum run these slow ships now.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,624 battles

Played 7 battles in the Lion, died twice.

Got 5 dreadnoughts and 5 fireproofs.

Seems legit.

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles

2E2WJlk.jpg

I was prepped and ready for the line's release.  My Jack Dunkirk captain is going between Nelson and Conqueror.

Took her out first in 2 co-op matches to get a feel.  1 with 419mm, 1 with 457mm.  The "power" of the 457s were fine but not super accurate enough for me to drop volume of fire with 12 419mm guns.  8 guns becomes an issue against smaller targets and longer range salvos.  If the 457s were markedly accurate, I'd use them.

3 Randoms afterwards (so far), 1st with 457, subsequent ones with 419s.  Did good damage either way, but I stuck with volume of fire with 419s.  Much more important to have more shells in attacking smaller targets.  457s aren't accurate enough to do that kind of work.  2 were losses but the performance numbers have always been good so far.  Will see with more time and battles.

I don't spam HE, I still prefer AP but at certain points in a match and certain situations, I'll be more than happy to sling HE.  With a Stealth Build and how Conqueror sails, she is a very comfortable ship to use.  Honestly, she feels like a Tier X Cruiser that shoots slower.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
642 posts
8,558 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2E2WJlk.jpg

I was prepped and ready for the line's release.  My Jack Dunkirk captain is going between Nelson and Conqueror.

Took her out first in 2 co-op matches to get a feel.  1 with 419mm, 1 with 457mm.  The "power" of the 457s were fine but not super accurate enough for me to drop volume of fire with 12 419mm guns.  8 guns becomes an issue against smaller targets and longer range salvos.  If the 457s were markedly accurate, I'd use them.

3 Randoms afterwards (so far), 1st with 457, subsequent ones with 419s.  Did good damage either way, but I stuck with volume of fire with 419s.  Much more important to have more shells in attacking smaller targets.  457s aren't accurate enough to do that kind of work.  2 were losses but the performance numbers have always been good so far.  Will see with more time and battles.

I don't spam HE, I still prefer AP but at certain points in a match and certain situations, I'll be more than happy to sling HE.  With a Stealth Build and how Conqueror sails, she is a very comfortable ship to use.  Honestly, she feels like a Tier X Cruiser that shoots slower.

Nice use of free XP... :Smile_facepalm:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles

Unfortunately the 6.10 update has made the game unplayable and it just locks up ... was looking forward to British BBs

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,930 battles

My Cleveland burnt down a QE during lunch. 

A lot of British ships were out there. A lot of CVs also. 

None of the CVs wanted to try my side. The sky  lights up when that happens. 

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,656 posts
9,969 battles

Detonated a Kamikaze with my first ever Iron Duke volley - it'll be all downhill from here!

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
9,184 battles
18 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Played 7 battles in the Lion, died twice.

Got 5 dreadnoughts and 5 fireproofs.

Seems legit.

Wait? Seven games in the LION? Dang you went fast! Did you skip all the way to Lion?

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,624 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Wait? Seven games in the LION? Dang you went fast! Did you skip all the way to Lion?

Yeah. Been saving free exp for a while now.

Edited by _Fantomex_

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
9,184 battles
Just now, _Fantomex_ said:

Yeah. Been saving free exp for a while now.

Nice. I will more than likely take my time. I do however get to play regularly so will not take too long.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,749 battles

Win wise it stinks but I am loving the damage output.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
30 minutes ago, MrEndeavour said:

I can do it easily.  So sorry you couldn't (no, not really).  Shall I also list you the ships I don't have?

Or maybe you can stat snipe me and see for yourself.  Either way, I'll be more than happy to rub it in and show you how much I have and what you likely don't have.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,729 battles
34 minutes ago, MrEndeavour said:

3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can do it easily.  So sorry you couldn't.  Shall I also list you the ships I don't have?

This is what is wrong in NA. People dictating how people should spend their free xp. 1st world problems I tell you.