Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

Bellerophon is NASTY

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Jut came back from my first match with Bellerpohon! This ship is NASTY. It is so easy to hit other ships(mostly the same one for obvious reasons)with the guns(of course this was a two way street and I got sunk but not before I did a bit of damage to the enemy fleet including a kill). I always respected Nassau(of the opinion it beats some T4 BB's) but damm Bellerophon is faster with better guns. 

 

Also got the Orion but I got to leave for school now so I can't try her out until later. Can't wait! 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

make use of the he shells at later tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Less than a Hour before I go home ---- THEN I GET MY RN BBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,458
[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles

3 more hours of work until I can go Iron Duke it out with some folks. Or I may take my Kamikaze and Clemson out today and wait a few days to start climbing the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
778
[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

I've been debating on starting the BB grind, or taking my Konig Albert out for some fun...  Still haven't decided yet... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,492 posts
7,336 battles

I really am enjoying the Orion, put my 19pt warspite/hood captain on it.  The HE coupled with that insane heal and only 12km detection makes it quite a nasty bb.

 

Some of the other nations ships have and definitely are now are in need of rebalancing, looking at you USA...

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[FORGE]
Beta Testers
232 posts
2,257 battles
5 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

Jut came back from my first match with Bellerpohon! This ship is NASTY. It is so easy to hit other ships(mostly the same one for obvious reasons)with the guns(of course this was a two way street and I got sunk but not before I did a bit of damage to the enemy fleet including a kill). I always respected Nassau(of the opinion it beats some T4 BB's) but damm Bellerophon is faster with better guns. 

 

Also got the Orion but I got to leave for school now so I can't try her out until later. Can't wait! 

Don't get too excited...the next patch they will be pounded to death with the nerf bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
50 minutes ago, Panzerstecher said:

Don't get too excited...the next patch they will be pounded to death with the nerf bat.

? What's the nerf bat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,492 posts
7,336 battles
1 hour ago, Panzerstecher said:

Don't get too excited...the next patch they will be pounded to death with the nerf bat.

Didn't really happen with the German BB's despite them still being a bit on the OP side, especially in low tiers.

Look at the Nassau and Konig Albert vs the South Carolina and Kawachi, it's not even funny how bad the gap in effectiveness is.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
[TASH]
Members
4,989 posts
7,875 battles
6 hours ago, Hangoverhomey said:

Didn't really happen with the German BB's despite them still being a bit on the OP side, especially in low tiers.

Look at the Nassau and Konig Albert vs the South Carolina and Kawachi, it's not even funny how bad the gap in effectiveness is.

South Carolina has decent range now, and accuracy at range too, especially for a T3.  If you play her from the second line and just fire from medium range, you can rack up good damage.  Kawachi is still bad and will always be bad, otherwise low-tier wouldn't be low-tier as we know it.  There's nothing on this planet that could buff that ship to a level where it doesn't suck..

Edited by ValkyrWarframe
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
72 posts
5,273 battles

first game in it, stock with a 1 point captain:

Iqo56RB.jpg

 

Probably a lot of luck and certain amount of potato, but I think I like this ship...

Edited by timmmeh
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
3,880 battles
19 hours ago, Hangoverhomey said:

Some of the other nations ships have and definitely are now are in need of rebalancing, looking at you USA...

As if

8 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

  Kawachi is still bad and will always be bad, otherwise low-tier wouldn't be low-tier as we know it.  There's nothing on this planet that could buff that ship to a level where it doesn't suck..

Kawachi is bad? B A D maybe,  not really bad

Edited by Strachwitz666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[REVY]
Members
935 posts
7,266 battles
17 hours ago, Panzerstecher said:

Don't get too excited...the next patch they will be pounded to death with the nerf bat.

 

16 hours ago, Hangoverhomey said:

Didn't really happen with the German BB's despite them still being a bit on the OP side, especially in low tiers.

Look at the Nassau and Konig Albert vs the South Carolina and Kawachi, it's not even funny how bad the gap in effectiveness is.

 

It's more people didn't know how to fight the German BBs. Over time people learned how to fight them, and while still a bit on the OP side, it's not like the first days.

Give it some time, and people will figure out the RN BBs and how to defeat them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[JFSOC]
Members
907 posts
2,568 battles

This is from a different perspective.  So far, every time I've used my St. Louis against the multitude of Bellerpohon's in a game they've easily been set on fire, their fire against me was usually so scattered it was easy to avoid most hits, and many of those that did strike didn't do a lot of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

She should be nasty, as the direct descendant of HMS Dreadnought who was a supremely nasty shock to all the world's navies in February 1906. 6 guns able to aim directly forward with some wiggling and 8 guns in the rear....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
740
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1,624 battles
4 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

She should be nasty, as the direct descendant of HMS Dreadnought who was a supremely nasty shock to all the world's navies in February 1906. 6 guns able to aim directly forward with some wiggling and 8 guns in the rear....

In game Bellerophon can only aim two guns straight forward.  The wing turrets can't quite get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,030
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,308 posts
10,095 battles
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Murotsu said:

This is from a different perspective.  So far, every time I've used my St. Louis against the multitude of Bellerpohon's in a game they've easily been set on fire, their fire against me was usually so scattered it was easy to avoid most hits, and many of those that did strike didn't do a lot of damage.

I found the damage from Bellerophon to be poor too. Not hitting with it as that was fine. It just didn't do any damage for me. Not with HE or AP. The T4 and T5 BB's are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
399
[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I found the damage from Bellerophon to be poor too. Not hitting with it as that was fine. It just didn't do any damage for me. Not with HE or AP. The T4 and T5 BB's are fine.

See now this is very interesting when you look at all the posts throughout the forums about how OP these ships are.  I've been saying the same thing.  I know I'm an average player at best and have not seen the OPness of these ships yet, but that could just be me.  But then I see other players doing average damage in it as well and then of course the people complaining about it doing well over 150k.  SO I guess it all depends on who's driving it as to whether it is OP.  I've seen Unicum players take the worse ship in the game and make it look OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[JFSOC]
Members
907 posts
2,568 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I found the damage from Bellerophon to be poor too. Not hitting with it as that was fine. It just didn't do any damage for me. Not with HE or AP. The T4 and T5 BB's are fine.

I noticed that too on the receiving end in particular.  Normally BB rounds, particularly the AP just wipe out cruisers, 50% them and stuff, but the Bellerophon's would act more like another cruiser firing than a BB.  It made closing in a bit to make sure a steady stream of HE fell on the battleship while everything lit up and burned.  With a St. Louis, you can keep maneuvering and turning and there's always a gun pointing at your target so the fire never slackens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,492 posts
7,336 battles
11 hours ago, Murotsu said:

I noticed that too on the receiving end in particular.  Normally BB rounds, particularly the AP just wipe out cruisers, 50% them and stuff, but the Bellerophon's would act more like another cruiser firing than a BB.  It made closing in a bit to make sure a steady stream of HE fell on the battleship while everything lit up and burned.  With a St. Louis, you can keep maneuvering and turning and there's always a gun pointing at your target so the fire never slackens.

It's also really easy to take them out with the Bogatyr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
70 posts
593 battles

Yeah she's not bad. I tried AP the first half of this game because my flank had mostly cruisers facing me down. I was unamused at there potency so elected to switch back to HE. that's when the fun began. 

Screenshot 2017-09-04 15.02.11.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×