Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RogueKraken

British BB counter suggestion?

12 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
38 posts
2,518 battles

Good morning, I'm a newer player and have some issues facing BB heavy opposition teams. The new British line has made this morning and probably this week a bit heavy in that regard.

Can anyone recommend some lower tier ships (t5 or less) that would work well as a counter? Or if you have any special strategies? Thanks in advance. I've read a bunch of guides and info but some more insight into defeating the British line would be great.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,576 battles

Clemson and Nicholas have a massive amount of torps. Hide behind islands and wait for a BB to roll by or just straight up charge them when they aren't looking. UK BBs' turret traverse is very slow so you can easily run up to them and torpedo them. Basically use any DD that isn't Russian. This is what I did when the KMS BB line came out last year.

• Cool 2

[AXANR]
Members
3,362 posts
16,553 battles

Torps for daysssssssssssssss

Seriously, take your best stealth torp boat out and go have fun. You can rack up 3-4 kills a game easy if you have a good torper like Kamikaze and you know what you're doing. So many potatoes out in BBs the first week that a new line drops... the week German BBs were released was probably my highest average damage/average kills per game ever. 

[AXANR]
Members
3,362 posts
16,553 battles
1 minute ago, FayFay731 said:

Clemson and Nicholas have a massive amount of torps. Hide behind islands and wait for a BB to roll by or just straight up charge them when they aren't looking. UK BBs' turret traverse is very slow so you can easily run up to them and torpedo them. Basically use any DD that isn't Russian. This is what I did when the KMS BB line came out last year.

Derzki and Izyaslav actually work fine for this too. Derzki is hilarious for seal clubbing with how quick she reloads and how many torps she can drop, especially against ships with poor turret traverse. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,100 battles

Clemson is just silly fun for torp spamming, decent fire starter with dual guns (number of shells you can put out).  

[SYN]
Members
14,381 posts
10,260 battles

torps, bring lots of torps

all DDs and IJN CVs are best equipped for this

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles

CVs would be a good place to go.  Otherwise, as what's been stated above.

[PLPTS]
Members
699 posts

Hack Wargamings servers, then unlock yourself a Nikolai. That'll put those pesky BBritish BB's in their place... :)

If you were lucky enough to be able to buy one many moons ago (like myself), ignore my above comment.

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
37 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

The only thing to be aware of here is that British BB's are probably more likely to have HE loaded at any given time than other nations' BB's... so if they can get their guns on your the consequences are potentially much more devastating since you can't just assume most of the hits you take will be overpens.  

[DRACS]
Members
3,374 posts

Depends on the tier. Up to tier 6, they are dreadnoughts and fight very similarly to the German BBs.

Tiers 7 and up, they are stealth assassins and are the most fragile of the BBs. While their citadels are nearly impossible to hit, they suffer from regular penetration damage from both AP and HE (even light cruiser HE) very very easily. Because of their powerful heals, they are great at 1 on 1 engagements and dealing with fire damage, but they will absolutely melt under focus fire. Basically, treat them like the BB version of the RN cruiser line.

Also, I *believe* their armor is like the German one where it's much more vulnerable from  above than from the side. This means that they would be very susceptible to plunging fire and likely the AP bombs from Enterprise and Graf Zeppelin, although I don't know if anyone has tested AP bomb drops on these yet. Also, their torpedo belt is virtually non existent, so torpedoes from planes or DDs could really hurt them.

Sign in to follow this