You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FullTimeOutlaw

Atlanta Guns Quit Firing

13 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
11,982 battles

Just got done with a battle and part way through the game the function of shooting the guns with the mouse became obsolete. No repair was needed as I had suffered no new damage. When pressing on the A button the guns would begin aiming but would not fire.

The following game I was playing the Alabama and had no issues with the firing option but about 8 min into the game it locked up and was no longer responding......

Atlanta Guns Not Firing II.jpg

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,745 battles

My problems with new update were fixed after I run "Check and Repair" under Game Settings. However, I don't really have prob with the bug that stops Atlanta from firing guns since I play DD a lot.

[ARRGG]
Members
157 posts
6,923 battles

I was in a operations battle with a player using a Gnevy, his guns stopped working. He could ram and not get sunk.

[ARRGG]
Members
157 posts
6,923 battles

I was in a operations battle with a player using a Gnevy, his guns stopped working. He could ram and not get sunk.

[WGA]
Administrator, WG Staff
446 posts
2,097 battles

I am currently tracking this. If anyone still has this issue after the latest patch please let me know. Ive tried to replicate but am unable to do so. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles

It's an internet issue, that's why no-one can replicate it at will. The net signal, upload from player signal, gets out of sync with the download signal from the server. It happens to me a couple times a week, whenever my IP does work. Once they reset the signal, it syncs again and the issue goes away. Were it not for the sheer volume of matches I play at times, it probably wouldn't be happening to me at all.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,021 posts

It is your just and fitting punishment for bringing the anal wart of WoWs into a match in the first place. Complete 10 matches in Myogi, and 10 in Pensacola as penance.

Beta Testers
219 posts
5,423 battles
3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

It is your just and fitting punishment for bringing the anal wart of WoWs into a match in the first place. Complete 10 matches in Myogi, and 10 in Pensacola as penance.

:Smile_izmena: Don't dare disrespect the Atlanta that way!!!  The Atlanta is a fun ship to play thought she a glass cannon she still fun to play.

• Cool 1

[WFR]
Members
431 posts
On 8/30/2017 at 10:40 AM, FullTimeOutlaw said:

Just got done with a battle and part way through the game the function of shooting the guns with the mouse became obsolete. No repair was needed as I had suffered no new damage. When pressing on the A button the guns would begin aiming but would not fire.

The following game I was playing the Alabama and had no issues with the firing option but about 8 min into the game it locked up and was no longer responding......

Atlanta Guns Not Firing II.jpg

ahha i was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

I have had it happen twice to me, where partway through the battle all weapons systems stopped functioning INCLUDING AA guns, Secondary batteries and torpedoes. nothing would fire. this happened in farragut during a co-op battle, and it happened with Aoba in a random battle. Battle type and ship type does not seem to affect the bug.

There doesn't seem to be a common factor for 'why' it happens. each time, the game was being played normally, minus music, and slightly decreased volume settings. no mods installed, and my system is completely stable. (ram and CPU loaded, and stressed for 10+ hrs zero errors)

There was also an 'almost' crash during a random matchmaker session, the game stopped responding, ate up a few gigs of ram, then recovered and I was catapulted into battle, and the excess ram use was flushed from cache properly.

I have no idea how they're going to hunt these bugs down, I can't provide proper trigger details. =\

Edited by SinisterSe7en

Beta Testers
1,462 posts
8,728 battles

No...no...no...This is not a bug.  It is part of the ongoing game improvements.  First, they had to eliminate Open Water Stealth Firing to keep cruisers and destroyers from shooting at BBs when they couldn't shoot back.  Now they are working on nerfing smoke to keep those pesky cruisers and destroyers from firing from at BBs without being detected because they are in smoke.  This is just a continuation of adding further fairness to the game by keeping cruisers from being able to fire at BBs at all. 

Nothing to see here.  Move along.

(Please do not take this seriously.  It is just a joke.)

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
On 9/13/2017 at 2:38 PM, wacko17 said:

I am currently tracking this. If anyone still has this issue after the latest patch please let me know. Ive tried to replicate but am unable to do so. 

THANK YOU! I went through the support team and they told me to redownload my whole game. I have had it happen to me twice. Once was mid battle and the other started the battle with my guns not working. (Can't believe my +100% went to that though) =_=

Now what about the GUI freezing up? People have had that problem with and without mods.