You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

So, about those new gun fire effects ...

so, about those new effects  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like how they look?

• love how they look
    • Meh, I'm indifferent
    • hate how they look
  2. 2. Do they affect your performance?

• No performance dip
    • Slight performance dip / I can handle it / I don't mind the dip
    • Big performance dip / affects gameplay enjoyment
    • Huge performance dip / unplayable

33 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,421 battles

Personally I love them. There's a little bit of a slowdown when I fire a salvo, but when it dips from mid 70 FPS to mid 60 FPS (at maximum settings, at 1080p) it's not a big deal, to me. Other people might have different opinion though.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,163 battles

I love them, and think they're a great addition. As for performance, my FPS dipped a few frames the first few times I fired, but the dips disappeared after I fired a few times.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Haven't gotten home from work to test'em :(  It'll be interesting to see them though, I'm going to be putting together a side by side comparison of a few ships (Fiji, Bismarck etc) just to see how much of a difference there is, plus I was wondering if it'd have any effect on my PC as far as FPS goes.

Members
2,077 posts

I haven't gotten to see the new graphics yet. I really wish they would put a frame limiter into the graphics options... Editing the file is buggy and gets reset every patch.

P.S.

If you need to upgrade your potato Amazon has a sale on HP Omen gaming computers today.

Here

I would recommend this one...

Here

They are Refurbished so... :P

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,810 battles

you think the flames from the guns are "oohhhh pretty"  wait till you see the effects of detonating a target!

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Haven't played yet today, but got my new GPU in the mail yesterday and plan on testing it out today :cap_win:

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
14 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

I haven't gotten to see the new graphics yet. I really wish they would put a frame limiter into the graphics options... Editing the file is buggy and gets reset every patch.

P.S.

If you need to upgrade your potato Amazon has a sale on HP Omen gaming computers today.

Here

I would recommend this one...

Here

They are Refurbished so... :P

Keep an eye out and download the WOWS Official modpack.  When you install it there is an option for FPS limit.  Even if it's all you use from the pack it's just a few clicks instead of file editing. 

[TBW]
Members
6,298 posts
11,856 battles
18 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Keep an eye out and download the WOWS Official modpack.  When you install it there is an option for FPS limit.  Even if it's all you use from the pack it's just a few clicks instead of file editing. 

Aslain.com has a limiter too in it's mod pack.

[CAPGO]
Members
507 posts
3,255 battles

It looks great! but it can use improvement. I think the fire effect is little bit too over saturated and the smoke effect needs to dissipate slower.

Edited by 0806sung

Members
9,862 posts

Nice eyecandy, but they really seem to have bugged up the game for lots of people today, did they learn nothing from the Graf debacle?

I haven't had issues, but the salt in port with missing ships and loading bugs seems pretty large.

Members
1,492 posts
7,350 battles

I like them more than the old ones and no performance hit. I am running an I7 4790 with a GTX 1080 though.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Members
1,492 posts
7,350 battles
51 minutes ago, 0806sung said:

It looks great! but it can use improvement. I think the fire effect is little bit too over saturated and the smoke effect needs to dissipate slower.

I can agree with you here, especially about how long the smoke lingers, it's way too short.

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,564 battles

Get a 7 fps average dip when going full secondaries blazing, but for how much nicer it looks I can easily take the hit.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
3,845 battles
2 hours ago, dukenukem115 said:

Looks way to overstated and cartoonish even on max settings, especially when zoomed in on a target.

Agreed. The secondary bloom isnt bad...but the mains? Looks very cartoonish..much like ARP Kirishima funnel smoke. Also, on Orion at least..I have noticed that when the secondaries engage targets on the beam, you get muzzle flash forward and aft..as if there were targets there.

Shell splashes seem generic...at least from my perspective, overs and shorts from DD/CA/CL look the same as from a BB.

New fire effect? I think I like it. Seems to be an improvement over what we had previously.

Overall...have to say good job, WG...thanks for always looking to improve the game! I dont envy your job because, sadly, you likely will never make all of us happy. Keep up the hard work!

{Edit: this MAY seem like a gripe post; its not. WG could very easily just leave things as they are and tell us to suck it up. I appreciate the effort.)

Edited by BBsquid

Members
2,077 posts
9 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

Does it do any wacky stuff like editing the config file? Like going over the set FPS? I know if I set the file 119-143 it doesn't stay there... It goes 166.

Members
499 posts
2,819 battles

They look like 2D sprites instead of a plume of fire. I like what they were trying to accomplish but I I don't like this as the result. Looks cheap.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
20 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Does it do any wacky stuff like editing the config file? Like going over the set FPS? I know if I set the file 119-143 it doesn't stay there... It goes 166.

Couldn't tell you, all I know it's a drop down box where you select the FPS number during the install :( sorry