You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dseehafer

Everyone arguing over who the special German commander should be, the choice is obvious, really...

76 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Greetings all,

May I present...

Grand Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz

Related image

No other man in German naval history has done more for the German navy than this man. He literally turned a joke of a navy into the second largest navy in the world in a span of just 16 years! He also practically invented the torpedo-boat, and to an extent, the destroyer.

Unlike other candidates, there are no real bad politics behind Tirpitz. He even supported Germany entering a peace treaty in 1917, which would have effectively ended the war. Unfortunately, it was not to be, and many more men would have to die before the war was finally over.

His quote "This war is the greatest insanity in which white races have ever been engaged!" says it all...

Besides, you know you want to look up at your commander icon and see that epic beard, admit it! :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 22

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I support this. :cap_cool:

But I still want Langsdorff.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I support this. :cap_cool:

But I still want Langsdorff.

I like Langdorff too..... but unfortunately he doesn't have a beard with which to compete against the likes of Tirpitz. ;)

Image result for alfred von tirpitz

10/10 would stroke

• Cool 1

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
9 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Reinhard Scheer

Franz von Hipper

Prinz Heinrich von Prussia

6 minutes ago, RobertViktor68 said:

Otto Ciliax

None of which had anywhere near the influence on the naval stage as Tirpitz did. Not to mention Otto Ciliax serving the Nazi-regime would potentially hurt his marketability if WG were to go with him... or any other WWII German Captain/Admiral for that matter.

Are there other good candidates? Sure! Definitely! I never said otherwise. But none so influential as Tirpitz, arguably making him the best candidate. :)

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
5 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

karl-doenitz-1-sized.jpg

No.

Oh, yes, temporarily head of the Nazi party... definitely best candidate. (I'm being facetious of course) 

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

I've always figured the first one would be Tirpitz or Karl von Müller

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles

I support this so I can put Tirpitz in my Tirpitz, and enter... The Twilight Zone. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,700 posts
10,050 battles

If you've never read it I strongly recommend Dreadnought, and Castles of Steel by Robert K. Massie.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
1 minute ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I support this so I can put Tirpitz in my Tirpitz, and enter... The Twilight Zone. 

:Smile_glasses:

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
Just now, mofton said:

If you've never read it I strongly recommend Dreadnought, and Castles of Steel by Robert K. Massie.

I'll look into it! Will swing by the library before work. Thanks! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,975 posts
3,942 battles
14 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

Oh, yes, temporarily head of the Nazi party... definitely best candidate

Yet the only one that didn't get executed for war crimes.

[-AIM-]
Members
187 posts
12,151 battles

I'd say Hellmuth von Mücke, commander of the Emden's landing party, who got over 40 men from the Emden all the way from Direction Island in the India Ocean back to Germany after the Emden's destruction using an old rotten schooner. Guy is seriously bad [censored] and politically neutral as even though he was a Nazi for a short time he left the party, and started speaking against hitler landing him in prison and was barred from rejoining the navy at the start of WWII.

von-M%C3%BCcke.jpg

• Cool 3

[CRMSN]
5,373 posts
3,565 battles
49 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

Greetings all,

May I present...

Related image

No other man in German naval history has done more for the German navy than this man. He literally turned a joke of a navy into the second largest navy in the world in a span of just 16 years! He also practically invented the torpedo-boat, and to an extent, the destroyer.

Unlike other candidates, there are no real bad politics behind Tirpitz. He even supported Germany entering a peace treaty in 1917, which would have effectively ended the war. Unfortunately, it was not to be, and many more men would have to die before the war was finally over.

His quote "This war is the greatest insanity in which white races have ever been engaged!" says it all...

Besides, you know you want to look up at your commander icon and see that epic beard, admit it! :Smile-_tongue:

My vote goes to Theodor von Bechtolsheim who was awarded the knights cross and was the part of many engagements during Ww2, including the battle of ushant. 

245184.jpg

[HIT]
Members
67 posts
5,809 battles

Wilhelm Canaris.

Special ability to finally help all those in need of intelligence data.

• Cool 3

[WUDPS]
4,759 posts
4,544 battles
5 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

Oh, yes, temporarily head of the Nazi party... definitely best candidate. (I'm being facetious of course) 

The rage over him not being a sub commander....

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
1 hour ago, dseehafer said:

Greetings all,

May I present...

Related image

2nd largest navy in the world?  At what point did they outgrow the British and the US? 

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
5 hours ago, Psicopro said:

2nd largest navy in the world?  At what point did they outgrow the British and the US? 

By 1914 the only navy larger than the German one was the British navy, which was still 40% larger.

By 1914 the US Navy only had 10 Dreadnoughts in service... Germany had 17 Dreadnoughts and 5 Battlecruisers by the end of 1914.