You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stockmankrause

Enterprise op cv.

27 comments in this topic

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles

Can you tell me the per squad max bomb damage please when attacking say a bb?

Also the bomb planes top speed and hp?

And lastly how many squads? the saipan has 1?

Thanks.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles

The wiki has a the ability of answering all of your questions...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Enterprise

But to answer you:

1.  Bomber max damage (AP) 8k, (HE) 7.5k
2.  137 knots and 1,430 HP
3.  The Enterprise comes with 2 Dive Bombers, 2 Torp Bombers, and 2 Fighters.  The Saipan loadout you mentioned is 3 Fighters and 1 Dive Bomber, but also has the option for 2 Fighters/2 Torps.

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
2 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

The wiki has a the ability of answering all of your questions...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Enterprise

But to answer you:

1.  Bomber max damage (AP) 8k, (HE) 7.5k
2.  137 knots and 1,430 HP
3.  The Enterprise comes with 2 Dive Bombers, 2 Torp Bombers, and 2 Fighters.  The Saipan loadout you mentioned is 3 Fighters and 1 Dive Bomber, but also has the option for 2 Fighters/2 Torps.

Thats not even possible in any form.

I lost all my hp in 1 hit in my warspite.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
10,226 battles
6 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

Thats not even possible in any form.

I lost all my hp in 1 hit in my warspite.

You got detonated - do you need a wiki link for that mechanic as well?

Who am I kidding?  You are definitely not gonna bother with looking up Detonation - here you go:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
10,226 battles
2 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

No i did not.

How do you know that?  You said  "I lost all my hp in 1 hit in my Warspite"

If you meant "in 1 attack", then you should have said so .....

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
2 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Its 8k per bomb if they citadel you.  AP bombs working as intended.

Per bomb? per bomb?

How many bombs drop then?

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles
24 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

Per bomb? per bomb?

How many bombs drop then?

They have 5-6 bombers in each squadron. So if they all citadel you... that's up to 48k damage.  There's videos out there of the Enterprise 1-shot'ing top tier German BBs with ease.

Edited by Sock5

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
10,226 battles

You have 5k games and you still don't understand how many bombs each plane drops in a CV strike?  Typically 1 bomb per plane, if there are 6 planes ( normal 5 plus 1 from a Captain skill ) they can deliver 48k damage from 1 strike, if all bombs hit.  That is unlikely, even if he manual dropped the bombs.  Much more likely a bomb pierced a magazine on your BB and detonated it did you receive any Detonation Flags after the battle?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
8 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

No i did not.

Yeah, I'm going to bet you are wrong, and that at least one of those bombs bingoed your citadel for a detonation. Detonations happen; many players hate them; and they are the cause of long and emotional forum posts. A fun and engaging mechanic!

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

You have 5k games and you still don't understand how many bombs each plane drops in a CV strike?  Typically 1 bomb per plane, if there are 6 planes ( normal 5 plus 1 from a Captain skill ) they can deliver 48k damage from 1 strike, if all bombs hit.  That is unlikely, even if he manual dropped the bombs.  Much more likely a bomb pierced a magazine on your BB and detonated it did you receive any Detonation Flags after the battle?

I didnt detonate but i lost 2/3 s to 3/4 of my warspites full hitpoints in 1 hit.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,027 posts
10,226 battles
Just now, stockmankrause said:

I didnt detonate but i lost 2/3 s to 3/4 of my warspites full hitpoints in 1 hit.

Ok, we are getting somewhere here, what MountainManManx said in his post is the reason that happened - AP bombs are very effective against certain BB's - particularly the German ones.  I wasn't aware that the Warspite fell into that category, but I rarely see tier 6 BB's in battle at the tiers I regularly play.  I have seen Tirpitz's devastated by these bombs and it happens regularly. 

Members
779 posts
6,186 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

Ok, we are getting somewhere here, what MountainManManx said in his post is the reason that happened - AP bombs are very effective against certain BB's - particularly the German ones.  I wasn't aware that the Warspite fell into that category, but I rarely see tier 6 BB's in battle at the tiers I regularly play.  I have seen Tirpitz's devastated by these bombs and it happens regularly. 

So they broke the balance in battle with stupid ap bombs?

We dont spend real cash to get deleted in spawn wg.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles
9 minutes ago, stockmankrause said:

The bad thing is that it is really balanced.  You give up the ability to cause fires and deal only 800/bomb on most things only to be DEVASTATING to one particular type of BBs.

[DRACS]
Members
3,374 posts

Now that British BBs are out, can someone test these AP bombs on the rest of the line, please? I suspect that the whole of British BB line (and not just the Warspite) has the same vulnerabilities as the German ones.

Also, the only reason any BB should be taking this much damage from those AP bombs is because they are sailing in direct line with the drop. What the hell are you doing not immediately turning 90 degrees when these AP bombers are coming your way??

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,837 battles

Well when I am in Enterprise (or Graf Zeppelin cause AP bombs there too) I go looking for targets that are bow tanking or angling against either torpedo or return fire so that in order for them to not take full damage from my AP bombs they would have to open them selves up to damage from another target. As for the rest of the British battleships after about tier 7 they go to a more American armor layout so I think the 8,9,10 wouldn't take too much more damage than their US counterparts.   

Members
216 posts
2,032 battles

Entereprise isn't OP. She is a good CV without a doubt, but if they have AP bombs they can't do much against any ship besides German BBs. If you got deleted by a salvo of bombs then enemy CV just got lucky.

There is no way 1 bomb hit you and did 40K damage anyway. AP bomb's max damage is much less, I think about 12K (I am probably wrong, but oh well).

Furthermore you are complaining about being deleted when only RNGesus knows how many cruisers you have deleted.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,837 battles

A well placed AP bomb salvo can ruin a cruiser, German BB are by far the weakest against the AP bombs but other ships still feel the pain. I did about 20k to a Minotaur a few days ago with AP bombs. Which was three hits. So I likely got 3 standard pens. As the AP bomb on Enterprise does 8,000 damage max. Graf in comparison gets an extra 400 damage 

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

Fun fact, the Enterprise doesn't have the highest win rate among ships,  premium or non.  Among CV's the highest win rate goes to the Kaga ((That one should have been obvious)) while the highest win rate overall goes to the Imperator Nikolai.  

Comparing her to tech tree,  she's not even half a percent ahead of the Taiho and in exchange the Taiho deals much more damage,  the Bogatyr beats her,  the V-25 is right around her,  and...actually BB's are all behind her by at least 2%.  Tech tree's anyway.

For her tier though,  she's a solid 2% ahead of the next closest competitor. If I had to wager I'd say it has to do with her AP bombs,  she can shut off typical bow camping easily and she punishes unaware BB's heavily.  This is going to help her team by eliminating hard to damage BB's and beef up her numbers.  This is also offering an interesting look into the effectiveness of AP bombs versus HE bombs ((In scenarios where the AP bombs are actually effective,  versus the Graf Zeppelins.))

Finally,  and I try very hard to not act like this,  but considering that EVERY OTHER TECH TREE USN CV IS SUB-50% WIN RATE I THINK ITS OKAY.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 7:49 AM, stockmankrause said:

I do, lawl. 

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
8 posts
2,982 battles

I dont get wargamings ideas on cv play. I have a Lexington with a captains that has all the skills for a cv and yet my bombers fall out of the sky if they even get close to a T8 or above cl or bb. CV play is broken as hell in this game and its a shame. Now they want players to spend $60 on a T8 cv that has T6 aircraft. So how do you expect a T8 cv with T6 planes to compete in a battle when my T8 planes get smoked. Fix the dam cv play!!