Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Game wont load

17 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles

Just downloaded the new patch. I'm at the port screen and the WOWs anchor just keeps spinning in circles. I have restarted my computer same issue. Game wont load past the port screen.

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,335 battles

I can confirm this. Same thing happens on my end before locking up, too.

Edited by yacskn

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,335 battles

Has anyone submitted a support ticket for this?

Edit: Alright, I did.

Edited by yacskn

Members
1 post
3,737 battles

I just read on a reddit thread to utilize the Game Integrity check option in the launcher.

Trying it and will let you guys know if that solves the problem

Members
28 posts
9,118 battles

Same issue here, selected a ship, clicked battle and game froze. Never actually got the ships to show in port, still had the spinning anchor thingy when i hit battle. Can't assign a captain to a ship, can't view service record (or anything under profile), nothing shows on the exterior tab. Can't even exit the game without using task manager. But of course I'm sure the problem is on my end because I somehow broke my computer between the time the server went down and when it came back up.

Edited by Stationary_Target
Added a sentenance

Members
28 posts
9,118 battles

Ran the integrity check from the launcher, it downloaded a 554Mb update, installed it and ran the check a 2nd time. Now it's downloading a 6.38Gb update which is really confusing since the patch was under 1Gb. My guess is the 0.6.10 patch broke something and now I have to redownload whatever it broke. However, I'm almost positive the problem is my fault since every time there's a problem after a patch it's never anything they did. I'll update and let you know what happens after it finishes this download and does it's check again.

Members
15 posts
16,651 battles

(same here,multiple reboots -WOWs launcher just keeps spinning in circles - circle of death) -

Fixed - Game Integrity option worked  - Thank you very much

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,335 battles
5 minutes ago, Stationary_Target said:

Ran the integrity check from the launcher, it downloaded a 554Mb update, installed it and ran the check a 2nd time. Now it's downloading a 6.38Gb update which is really confusing since the patch was under 1Gb. My guess is the 0.6.10 patch broke something and now I have to redownload whatever it broke. However, I'm almost positive the problem is my fault since every time there's a problem after a patch it's never anything they did. I'll update and let you know what happens after it finishes this download and does it's check again.

Aye, 5.3Gb on my end.

Support asked for a screenshot of the game from me. I've let them know what it's doing instead.

Will let you know.

[R-F]
Members
395 posts
14,335 battles

After the redownloa it's workling on my end too.

Boy WG dropped the ball with that new package download thing, haven't they.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,391 battles

I did a complete uninstall/ reinstall still haven't heard back from support on my ticket sent in 12 hours ago. Alas I fixed the problem.

[MBG]
Members
27 posts
4,453 battles

I can log into port.  But my client refuses to load into matches. 

Just sits there with the loading medallion animation.

I tried doing a file integrity check, and the integrity check kicks back a fatal error (with red '!' sign in the updater) & says it can't finish after a couple minutes. 

Looks like the WoWS updater screwed my client.  Hope a full reinstall will fix - just activated premium time, so Murphy showed up. :etc_swear:

[MBG]
Members
27 posts
4,453 battles

Apparently the updater corrupted my install files.  Including the Integrity Checking program.

A full uninstall & reinstall fixed it.

Sign in to follow this