Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jjhawk731

Unable to sell newly obtained British BBs

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[UDEAD]
Members
10 posts
5,616 battles

Applied patch 0.6.10 and received the 3 British BBs (T3, T4, T5) for free in exchange for the blueprints. However, now cannot sell these ships, receiving a transaction error when attempting to do so.

 

Other tech tree ships can be bought and sold (I tried a Black Swan as an example). Also modules can be bought as well

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,029 posts
13,067 battles

I have the same problem. In addition when I got the Iron Duke flag this morning it didn't show up in port like the other two did. I'm assuming that they'll need a patch to fix this later today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,504
[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,825 battles

Welcome to the forum.

Nice intro bro. Your first post is already a complaint, not a hello there.

 

Why would you even want to sell them? The first three are actually very good for their tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,029 posts
13,067 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Welcome to the forum.

Nice intro bro. Your first post is already a complaint, not a hello there.

 

Why would you even want to sell them? The first three are actually very good for their tiers.

It doesn't matter why we want to sell them and we aren't complaining. We're simply pointing out a glitch in the system. Which is why I came to the forum only to find that some one else had pointed it out.

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UDEAD]
Members
10 posts
5,616 battles

My background is SW QA and it's natural for me to report bugs. I've played for a while but I have never come to to forums, I'm mostly on reddit.

 

In any case I'm just reporting a possible bug, so that the folks can (eventually) fix it. I'm just gonna be driving the Iron Duke all day :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[QC_1_]
Members
127 posts
7,881 battles

Anyone else having an issue researching QE?  It will let me do it for Free XP but I have nearly 1.5 million ship XP on my Minotaur and would rather not shell out 50k free xp.  No problem spending ship xp in the US line to research a BB using cruiser xp so I got no clue here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UDEAD]
Members
10 posts
5,616 battles
1 minute ago, BobTDwarf said:

Anyone else having an issue researching QE?  It will let me do it for Free XP but I have nearly 1.5 million ship XP on my Minotaur and would rather not shell out 50k free xp.  No problem spending ship xp in the US line to research a BB using cruiser xp so I got no clue here.

You can only use normal xp from the previous ship in the line or free xp to research a ship. Since the Minotaur is the T10 ship of the British cruiser line, you cannot use that ship's xp to research the QE, and can only use free xp. To change the Minotaur's XP to free xp, you need to use doubloons to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UDEAD]
Members
10 posts
5,616 battles
16 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I have the same problem. In addition when I got the Iron Duke flag this morning it didn't show up in port like the other two did. I'm assuming that they'll need a patch to fix this later today.

Sorry to say I do not have the same issue. In the bottom right the info shows me receiving all 3 ships and the flag, and in the flag screen I do see the Iron Duke flag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[QC_1_]
Members
127 posts
7,881 battles
1 minute ago, jjhawk731 said:

You can only use normal xp from the previous ship in the line or free xp to research a ship. Since the Minotaur is the T10 ship of the British cruiser line, you cannot use that ship's xp to research the QE, and can only use free xp. To change the Minotaur's XP to free xp, you need to use doubloons to do so.

so that is just wasted XP then.  I have had no problem using ship xp to unlock other classes in other lines.. used Cleveland ship XP to unlock the Wyoming as I had sold all my lower tier USN BB's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[UDEAD]
Members
10 posts
5,616 battles
2 minutes ago, BobTDwarf said:

so that is just wasted XP then.  I have had no problem using ship xp to unlock other classes in other lines.. used Cleveland ship XP to unlock the Wyoming as I had sold all my lower tier USN BB's 

With regards to obtaining your Wyoming, it is unlikely that you ended up using the Cleveland ship xp. What is likely to have happened is that even though you sold all the previous US BBs, that you had already obtained enough XP from the South Carolina (the T3 US BB) to get the T4 US BB Wyoming via normal ship XP. Ship XP in this manner is retained even if you sold the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[90THC]
Beta Testers
317 posts
4,828 battles
10 minutes ago, BobTDwarf said:

so that is just wasted XP then.  I have had no problem using ship xp to unlock other classes in other lines.. used Cleveland ship XP to unlock the Wyoming as I had sold all my lower tier USN BB's 

Unfortunately,  no.you didn't. Cleve isn't even on the same line as Wyoming. You would have had to use converted/free xp to progress up a line without playing the previous ship in that line. Only two ways to do it, play each ship or use converted/free xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
22 minutes ago, jjhawk731 said:

With regards to obtaining your Wyoming, it is unlikely that you ended up using the Cleveland ship xp. What is likely to have happened is that even though you sold all the previous US BBs, that you had already obtained enough XP from the South Carolina (the T3 US BB) to get the T4 US BB Wyoming via normal ship XP. Ship XP in this manner is retained even if you sold the ship.

This. And also welcome to the forums! :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,373
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,260 posts
9,987 battles

while on relitive subject, anyone else having issues selling flags or consumables? i can't sell mine........:fish_boom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles
33 minutes ago, BobTDwarf said:

so that is just wasted XP then.  I have had no problem using ship xp to unlock other classes in other lines.. used Cleveland ship XP to unlock the Wyoming as I had sold all my lower tier USN BB's 

As others have pointed out, it wasn't your Cleveland XP.  It simply doesn't work that way.  And yes, if you have no intent of buying doubloons to convert XP on your tier Xs (or any other ship for that matter) then it is wasted XP.  WG wants you to buy doubloons to convert it.  Just for grins, click on the 'convert XP' just underneath your Free XP total in port, and see how much wasted XP you have sitting around on all your Elite and Premium ships.  Then close the dialog and forget it exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,496 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

while on relitive subject, anyone else having issues selling flags or consumables? i can't sell mine........:fish_boom:

Hrm, others are saying they can't sell the new Brit BBs either.  Related, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,504
[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,825 battles

I do not seem to have a problem selling, It shows I can sell it (didn't anyway).

 

I did sell Orion's Hull A from the inventory after upgrading it. No issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[-_W_-]
Banned
135 posts
12,967 battles

I also got the same probleme when i enter the game and then select a ship (no matter what ship event the old one) my game crash 

 

....

 

i guess my last premium day will be totaly wasted :fish_palm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[QC_1_]
Members
127 posts
7,881 battles
5 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

Unfortunately,  no.you didn't. Cleve isn't even on the same line as Wyoming. You would have had to use converted/free xp to progress up a line without playing the previous ship in that line. Only two ways to do it, play each ship or use converted/free xp.

my USN ships are: Chester, St. Louis, Farragut, Cleveland and Atlanta.. I had sold my South Carolina months ago along with her ships XP.. Chester, St.Louis have zero ships ex on them (last time I converted elite xp I zeroed them out in prep to sell them but never sold them), my Farragut has 8k.. and my Cleveland has zero after having over 50k on it... so... yeah it has to have been the Cleveland unless the game is keep track of what xp was on the SC when I sold her.

 

Another reply cleared that up... good to know that game keeps track of that.

 

Not going to spend doubloons on it.  Don't like the direction the game has taken in regards ship tiering particularly with the UK BB's, not so much that if I had ship xp to putter around with them I would not spend it, but enough that I am going to pay cash money or grind this line... Monarch should have been an alternate load out of KGV.  Every naval historian in the world groups KGV, Scharnhorst, Littorio, Richelieu and NC in the same group "treaty BB's" yet NC is T8 and the rest are T7 so screwed out of an upgrade slot and burn easier than the ship that was built at the exact same time (all but Littorio were under construction in 1937).  So I no longer have any confidence in WG being "historically accurate" or even fair in their usage of the combat rules.

Edited by BobTDwarf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[3RB]
Members
31 posts
6,856 battles
On 8/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, BobTDwarf said:

my USN ships are: Chester, St. Louis, Farragut, Cleveland and Atlanta.. I had sold my South Carolina months ago along with her ships XP.. Chester, St.Louis have zero ships ex on them (last time I converted elite xp I zeroed them out in prep to sell them but never sold them), my Farragut has 8k.. and my Cleveland has zero after having over 50k on it... so... yeah it has to have been the Cleveland unless the game is keep track of what xp was on the SC when I sold her.

 

Another reply cleared that up... good to know that game keeps track of that.

 

Not going to spend doubloons on it.  Don't like the direction the game has taken in regards ship tiering particularly with the UK BB's, not so much that if I had ship xp to putter around with them I would not spend it, but enough that I am going to pay cash money or grind this line... Monarch should have been an alternate load out of KGV.  Every naval historian in the world groups KGV, Scharnhorst, Littorio, Richelieu and NC in the same group "treaty BB's" yet NC is T8 and the rest are T7 so screwed out of an upgrade slot and burn easier than the ship that was built at the exact same time (all but Littorio were under construction in 1937).  So I no longer have any confidence in WG being "historically accurate" or even fair in their usage of the combat rules.

Yes it keeps track of the ship xp when you sell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×